[REL] rF2 Replay Office (set of tools)

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Aug 9, 2014.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Thanks for your quick reply. For some reason mine are being saved as DESC files. So I assume when you save your video as a VCR file we place it in the rfactor replay folder?

2. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

No the "desc" extension contains your clip description. It allow you to reload it and continue working on the clips. (Save & Load buttons). You have another button to create the VCR. Use the tooltips of the buttons to find it.

3. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

I've added in my clips to the clip builder, but I can not find any create VCR button. Only what I have found from this screenshot, though when I got his route they save as DESC files.

Thanks

http://gyazo.com/ae1f6106b560102e309369863192cd1f

EDIT: I have found the VCR, I couldn't find it before as it was hidden. Thanks again, great plugin :)

4. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

There is something I realized when I tried to make my first video. In the events bad there were no overtakes listed which I find strange because there were multiple overtakes in the race. Off road events were also not recorded.

https://gyazo.com/ef730a8fdedeabc219e8fde55bf44381

The clip builder is great as it is, but I am unsure on how to put this all together. Showing the events is great but it would be nice if the plugin could record some standard wheel to wheel racing or car 'train' etc. By putting the clip together it only shows us incidents but not drivers racing each other. I think this might be a nice addition, plus a way to shorten clips?

5. Gerald Jacobson

For offroad event you need to load the track. For overtake i will look to it.

6. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Salute Gerald....great stuff as always. I owe you and B1ker some donation soon. U guys are great addition to the community.

This will be perfect when the overtake option is in.

Salute!

7. Gerald Jacobson

Hi and thanks.

I work on it and asked ISI for support as the ranking information seems to have change in replays. It is why the overtake event is always empty and the rank list is incorrect and never change at the left of the screen.

As soon as i have the detail of the replay modification, i will provide a new version.

8. naifexx

naifexx Registered

5* Gerald. Community thanks you

9. Gerald Jacobson

V1.5.1.0 Available

Fix the lose of Ranking in Race Analysis due to change in event type in the recent rF2 Replay files

10. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thanks for the update Gerald.
    Yesterday we had a 2 hour league race at LeMans track with LolaT280 cars. Made a clip replay file using your app.
    It's mostly the overtakes, plus lots of action.
    https://www.mediafire.com/?b4gty6mjr9ft46z

cheers

DjC

11. Gerald Jacobson

It is always cool to see my tools used by the comunity. Thanks

12. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Jerald when using lap analyzer I notice that engine rpm graph is not the same as motec data. Gear changes on this lap were at 7250 but analyzer only sees just above 5000 rpm. ??

13. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Hi Gerald.
    Yesterday I tried to create a summary replay from a race replay from B1036 and only the following events appeared in the list (all filters selected):
    - starting light sequence.
    - fast laps made by drivers
    - cars getting back to pit.

No overtaking were being logged.
    The track was Adelaida and the car the updated Clio I published recently.

Is this normal?
    Has anything changed in replay formats recently?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

14. Davvid

Davvid Registered

Hi
    I have a little bug report: sector times are truncated of 1st decimal when it is 0.

Example:
    https://i.imgur.com/EeFH1pY.png
    [​IMG]

Edit:
    Logging off-road events is a superb feature. But it would be even better if we could filter them by driver instead of have full list for all drivers. Now it's pretty difficult to track all the off-road events for one driver because with all the players the list is very long and mixed. Is it possible to add such functionality ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2016
  15. Radek Sirc

Radek Sirc Registered

Yes, that is exactly what I also want to say. It should be very useful, when filtering of pilots in the left window will give the effect not only for the middle "graphical" part of tool, but also for the right side, especially for off-road events.

16. gor

gor Registered

Have a request about adding an option for setting for pre/after event time.
    Now its 10 sec before and after, but what if we need 3 sec before and 4 after?
    Thx for great tools!

17. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Hello Gerard, how can I set the filter event= "touch risk" as you said on first post?
    Thank you

18. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

+1.

As it is now, it is not very practical in order to create a replay with the highlights of the race.

-For example it makes no sense to wait for 10 seconds or more before the start light sequence begins.

- The endtime of each event is usually insufficient to catch all the action. Note that it is preferrable to remove later with the video editor.

- In several cases the overtaked vehicle is in the pitlane. They should be filtered from regular overtakings.

- it is not clear which camera it is adding if you don't select one. Also the camera editing window in the selected events tab is not very intuitive. This double structure is confusing for me. I would better understand a column in the section in the top including which camera is being used and the rest of the options.

IMO it would be easier if each type of action could have specific default pre and post times that could be changed as desired. The cameras to be picked randomly for each type of actions could also be selected as a 11010001 type of code.

The idea would be to open a replay and automatically create with one click a replay of the highlights of the race. Ii is better to show actions in excess rather than cutting them in the most interesting moment.

I think actual concept is too much focused on actions resulting in many events of the same time stamp.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

19. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

20. whinos_AK

whinos_AK Registered

im trying generate a new .vcr for my "endurance with pilot changes" race, but when i open the new .vcr in rf2 replay they crash the rf2.
    This pluguin is very important to me, the races have 6 hours duration and 40 players, its so dificult to capture the overtakes and accidents. I apreciate so much if you can fix this "ghange pilots crash".
    Congratulations for the pluguin very usefull.

Anyone trying some replay files with "change pilots" ?
    Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2016