Option to skip recon lap when restarting a race

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Jorgen, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

If the recon lap feature is used, it would be very convenient to be able to skip that bit when restarting a race and instead start directly from the formation lap or race start, depending on how the actual start procedure is configured.

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Sorry but I do not get your point...
    Do you mean by reckon lap formation lap? Offline you can skip that pressing space bar. Online for sure not and it wouldn't make much sense to configure something to skip it afterwards... just turn it off.

If you just refer to safety car I think that the amount of time it stays out is configurable. In a relative way I think.

I don't understand what you mean with race restart otherwise.

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

In rf1 you could just not drive on formation lap, grid would wait and then the server would skip it automatically and go to the race start.
    Since we got so much stuff from rf1 in rf2, worth a try. would require a disciplined grid though. one car going and it wont work I think.

4. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Actually, it all works fine in rF2, exactly like it did in rF1. :) You drive out of the pits, up to the grid (This is the recon lap, or recon laps, if you decide to dive into the pits and do some last minute setup changes), switch the engine off and wait for the formation lap to begin. (The engine is started automatically) Then you drive the formation lap and after that the start sequence is initiated. We used this in our F1 league back in the rF1 days with great success, and it was quite nerve-wracking to sit on the grid and wait. We did however have problems with some people being disconnected during the actual formation lap, so we had to restart the race due to that, which starts a new recon lap period. I thought it would be convenient with an option to only use the recon lap once, and for every following race restart it would be omitted.

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Tires don't hold much heat for most of the grid during formation/grid but brakes do, for us it would be an additional hazard :)