Built 798 - lag and FPS problems

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by mc0676, Aug 8, 2014.

1. mc0676

mc0676 Registered

He guys,
    here my PC
    - intel i7 2600k 16 GB
    - win7 64 bit on SSD 250 mb
    - nVidia GTX760 3 GB
    Latest nvidia driver installed.

Talking about SINGLE player (no online server).
    If i press CTRL+F rF2 show me from 160 to 220 FPS (about) but the problem is that the driving IS NOT fluid. Some time is like to FPS go to 10 for some decimal of second and after it go fluid and linear.
    I start to be crazy about this.
    I tried to remove all and reinstall e fresh lite rf2 (300 mb) with only a track (Silverstone) and a car (Corvette) but nothing changed !

The other issue is this one.
    If i start in 64 bit mode rf2 do not detect my intel i7, like here:
    http://i.imgur.com/nuKBPK4.jpg

But if i force 32bit .exe (use 32 bit executable in 64 bit system) rf2 detect correct my intel.
    http://i.imgur.com/JkKJLL6.jpg

In both (32 and 64) i have that lag problems.

I've tried a lot of quality combinations, but if a put all to low i can do 300-400 fps but lag problem remain :(.

Thank u for helping me.

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

Have you tried any of the sync settings? Maybe experimenting with that is worth a shot. Along those same lines is setting a max framerate in your config file.

Something in the background may be having an impact somewhere, any program that may be interrupting behind the scenes?

Something that caught me out when dealing with a similar problem was a graphics profile for rf2 in my graphics card control panel. For some reason that was randomly dropping my frames from a solid 60 down to the 10's and then back up to 60, even though there was nothing set in the profile. I deleted the profile, and all was well.

3. mc0676

mc0676 Registered

The three "v-sync" option do not have effect on my pc !

I'm trying the "Option for vsync" in plr (default is on 0) in option 3 and it seem to work fine for now ! FPS are looked on 60-61.

4. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Are you using wi-fi or a wired network connection. A year ago I had massive problems with rF2 dropping out of real time then back again. It turned out that the sim didn't like my 802.11n wi-fi adapter. Since I couldn't run a cable to where my PC is, I switched to powerline networking and everything is fine.

This is normal. The libraries/DLL that rF2 uses to query your hardware isn't 64-bit compatible. I get random stuff listed.