XREasternCreek

Discussion in 'Locations' started by R1CHO, Aug 6, 2014.

1. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

2. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Very nice job m8, I get awesome frame rates here.
    Just a suggestion to anyone that tries this track, make a track map of each layout before you drive them.

SS

3. Seahawks1Fan

Seahawks1Fan Registered

Good stuff R1CHO. Thanks for sharing.

4. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

Thanks Mate

Babs:cool:

5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Thanks! Nice track and nice layouts!
    It would be cool though if you would make more signs/ markers/ walls,
    or anything to lead the right layout! I had to do trial and error to find the right way.

Greets
    Pete

6. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thanks R1CHO,
    I had a nice race with the Clios. Track feels and looks good already. A few LOD problems, pop-ups etc., but they easy to fix.

Yeah, track maps would be good too.

7. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Looking forward to trying this track m8. Thank you!

8. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Sez you. :cool:

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

10. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

V0.69 I think it is an update as i only packaged it on wednesday or tuesday

All Constructive feedback welcome Marc

Its My capability's that are the problem for some issues though

been reading and testing the tyre tool for the last 3 days not to much prevail and that's nothing to do with tracks lol

in the end my downfall is the loathe of reading

11. ORA-Oldie

ORA-Oldie Registered

I like it, nicely realistic to drive on. Thanks mate.

12. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

lol
    I hear ya

SS

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, I had an earlier version without the four layouts.

First, this is another one of those tracks that has the potential to be at the very top of the pile! And thanks for actually doing the four layouts.

Only two critiques at this stage:

1) we need cones or some sort of temporary barriers for the different layouts

2) The anti-aliasing is worse on this track than others, especially on the white painted lines. I believe that is a texture transparency issue (fairly easy to resolve--if you know exactly what to do to fix it). Perhaps someone knowledgeable will chime-in here to help you.

Once those are done, I'll bet we can get some help with AIW and HDR.

One step at a time, but at least it is very good and mostly authentic feeling/looking track already!

Thanks so much for contributing the work on it.

14. coops

coops Banned

R1CHO keep the tracks coming enjoying driving on them

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Thanks for the track- I appreciate the work R1cho. I like EC and with 4 layouts it's a treat I didn't expect!

My observations-
    -AI take good lines and can be competitive but they hit the brakes on the finish line every lap. I know other modders have had this issue in the past and it has to do with the AI thinking there is a slight kink in the track at that spot because the AI line does not meet up perfectly at the end of one lap and the beginning of next
    -as others have said, the layouts need cones or barriers so we know where to go.

16. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Yes cones. I hate those black flags. I dislike even worse waiting for an ai to fire up and lead me around the tracks. Good thing I'm not a seeing-eye dog. I'd get fired.

Oh---forgot to say thanks for the track!

17. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

@ the AI thx Guy, I hadn't realized that they where doing that on the start finish , I straightened the fast ,left and right lane joins there in the rf1 AIW editor ,I will have to look at them again in the rf2 AIW editor

I might put a couple of bollards on the corners to define layout's, lol i made it so i know where im going, but others need a guide as to where to go

I remember RD3 having the shorter layout dont think it made it to rf1 though

the road that goes left at the hairpin for the shortest layout with the alt pit lane could be edited a bit to, its a bit tight lol

18. Drathuu

Drathuu Registered

R1CHO, Track looks good. I also noted the ai slowing at start finish... It will be to do with the AIW file and the join at start finish.. it will slightly be offset (THink its CTRL SHIFT Arrow keys to move them) Read the AIW PDF file.

Graphically its a good representation of the track.. I ran a few laps on it, but the elevations are a bit off in many places (It feels way too flat). I started this track as a project late 2012/13.. but others are now working on it. As part of that project we gathered altimeter data.

Some notes :
    Turn 4 is lower down, the rise between 4 and 5 is higher (Slighlty over crest) the crest between 5 and 6 is about right, but the down hill is around a meter or so lower (t6) the new section of the track is a lot higher and steeper and the cambers are substantially larger in the hairpins. (Your track feels flat in comparison to the actual track) - I altered my FOV just to check it wasnt a stretching issue.

Attached is a quick export (edited to new section) -

Video is in a wide FOV so vertical is a bit distorted in this (your new section feels around 7-10 metres lower than the actual track) - There is 17 metre rise from T6 to crest before left hander in the new section. (I can upload a correct FOV)

Ignore the visuals.. everything was just a quick export and slap on textures (10 minute job). This was built when rf2 was first released and all the graphic engine updates make it look horrid now - And i didnt have HDR on back then
    There are some older other videos in my channel of the work that look better but the track was tweaked after them

I drive the track most track days and have 1000's of reference photos and video if needed.

IF it gives you some idea this is accurate to around .25 of a meter. We also included bumps and undulations where they exist. (We were rechecking the highest point as we think this is still 1 meter too low). - I was going to do it this weekend at the V8 round.

Older version - but with some better visual - (The crest and cambers across the new section are still wrong in this one) the video above is better actual track representation.

Hopefully it helps tweaking some of the elevation.

19. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

cheers mate, I did notice a while back there was a different version but didn't research as to how far in if going it was ,

there are quite a few things I have noticed like the new section being far to high in comparison to the final 3 turns, on yours it does look lower than what mine is, in that second vid anyway

17 metres as in from T6 to what would be in between 9 and 10 on the new section? your rise coming out of the new section happens earlier and stepper also which is something David Paterson pointed out to me on mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnU36YVVoOU I watched this after building it

I like to get tracks as accurate as i can but do it more to drive on it
    some things i do like to fix some i dont lol

anyone would think ISI would build an Aussie track with all the Aussies that are in here Sheeesh.. hint hint cough Bathurst cough

20. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I second that hint!