rFactor 2 v798 Launcher and DXTORY

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Voltaic, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Hello

There seems to be a problem between v798 (same issue with v660 and v770) and DXTORY (not updated recently). The rF2 Launcher works fine, however once I start DXTORY if I quit rF2's Launcher it will not start again, no matter what I do. The only solution I have is to restart my PC.

I am talking to DXTORY tech support, so far no solution on their end. I have tried reinstalling DXTORY without changes to the Launcher issue.

2. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

I do not have this problem with DXTORY, but i do have issues with loosing about 30 fps while using it.
    i run the game at max settings, getting average 80 to 100 fps in cockpit view, with Dxtory, 50 to 60 fps.
    None of my other games does this maybe 2 fps, but nothing i notice. very strange.
    and my launcher and game starts fine with Dxtory running, open and closed multiple times with no issues.

P.S. Assetto Corsa, and Battlefield 4 have no fps loss, my main recorded games.

3. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

My issue with DXTORY happens about 80-90% of the time since rF2 v798. I have not received any updated responses from them since last week.

On the FPS loss; I experience an FPS loss in all games, mostly in rF2, I think it is due to the heavy processor/disc usage by rF2. Do you have multiple hard drives? Are you recording to a drive other than the one where rF2 and DXTORY reside? Are you using the Lagarith codecs?

4. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

Yes to all the questions, i have 3 HD, my main is a SSD for OS, and my copy of BF4, then i have a 1TB WD Black for storage,
    and just recently added a 3rd HD from a old PC i sold with all my music / movies.
    both my rF2 and Dxtory are on my storage HD, and recordings are directed to the same drive, and i am using the lagarith lossless codecs.
    under my profile pic, click the square, you will see my PC specs, also i am using Win 8.1 64bit, there was not an option to choose it.

and as i said, the only game i experience a frame rate loss is in rF2.
    and i'm running, AMD FX 8350 4.0GHz x 8 core, could be the best CPU for multi tasking.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You said yes to all.. but your rF2 is not on a different drive to dxtory(recording). Just saying.

6. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

i miss read the question, at least that is what my brain told me....lol