HDR too "intense" last few releases?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ricklandia, Aug 3, 2014.

1. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

Back in February, with release 494 [I think] we saw HDR default to "auto". And it worked perfectly! Graphics never looked better.
    However, since then all releases have the HDR so askew that on many tracks/car/time of day combo's it's so bad I need to turn HDR off.
    The profiles have been stretched so far that the highlights are completely blown out and shadows pitch black. This becomes problematic as at times it renders the rear view mirrors useless, and dusk/night racing impossible.
    I'm simply surprised this has not brought more attention for such a long standing issue.
    Or is it just me?
    Clearing the CBash folder contents after each upgrade has not seemed to help.

2. MJP

MJP Registered

Can't say I notice that issue but then again I've hardly driven rF2 for awhile now but I think it's the 'Shaders' folder contents that could need clearing rather than the 'CBash' folder.

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Not seen much talk about this Rick, delete contents of shaders as MJP suggested and maybe fiddle with profiles, load different ones etc.
    Also check if you have not accidently been racing under questionable hours in the sim.