Can't delete greyed out mods in the mod manager

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Vintook, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Vintook

Vintook Registered

When I launch the mod manager it shows 3 mods which are not installed. When I select them all the buttons are greyed out so i can't Install, Update, Uninstall or Delete them. Is there database or file I can manually remove them from so they don't show up in the mod manager? I don't want to find what is missing, I just want to get rid of them.

View attachment 13769

2. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

Remove them from your "packages" folder

Actually, that might not work as your image says that 1st one has "no package file". There must be a package in your packages folder that includes those mods.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Something else is not installed that those need to have as prerequisites.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

1960's is old mod uses Belguim v1.00 ( Belgium is now V1.43 ) you have BB's mods installed they use v1.43

and I would say you are missing old historic sounds current you are using are v1.49

same with the next they are old Formula 3.5 files current is v1.1 I think

If they wont delete or disappear deleting the rfmods .......mmmm

I would say if you uninstall all rfmods that have "up to date" Historics, Belgium or Formula 3.5 ........then uninstall the the same content and refresh you may be able to delete the old mods then.

Then install Historics, Belgium and Formula 3.5 and all BBs mods back.

All else fails just rename the entire folder install a fresh lite ..then copy back only the rfmods you want and re-install everything ...takes less time then waiting for a reply from here ..........from me anyways. lool :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Is that all one has to do?

I would recommend ignoring them until ISI fixes the mod manager to deal with them properly. Not hurting anything in there.

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Greyed out mods are mods that cannot be installed because required content is not installed. Delete those vmods from packages folder or install required content. Right button to delete them should work as well but you need to go one by one. If delete vmod does not appear I would suggest looking at manifests folder to see if there is any trace of old installed vmods.

I don't understand where is such problem in mod manager. This works CORRECTLY.

7. MJP

MJP Registered

As Major_Parts said in post #2 you should be able to just remove them from the packages folder. They appear to be 'update' files that are useless on their own without the 'base' v1.0 rfmod installed. Not that you'd want to install them though because they are all using out of date components that no one should be using anymore.

Also as Spaskis mentions sometimes MFT files can get left behind in the Manifests folder through incorrect removal of components which can 'confuse' Mod Manager.

8. Vintook

Vintook Registered

I found out what it was. There were some old updates in the packages folder for those mods. All your posts started me in the right direction, I started digging more and found the offending files. In my digging I also learned a little more on how the mod manager works with the directories so it'll be easier to fix these types of issues in future.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

The easiest way is simple, I told you.

Re-install the offending rfmods............. then .............uninstall them.

Takes seconds ................but not if you have deleted or lost the old packages. :rolleyes: