Still problem with random freezes while playing...

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by kantenflimmern, Jul 30, 2014.

1. kantenflimmern

kantenflimmern Registered

Hello everybody!

I have a problem with rFactor 2, a very old problem tbh.
    While playing, the game freezes for 2-3 seconds, both the image and the audio freeze. While it freezes, the game still runs in the background, for example I can turn AI control on (which is very handy as it alows me to continue my ride after the freeze) even the FFB of my wheel still works.

This issue appears on my system since I have bought rF2 (I believe Build 100 what so ever) and it's very very annoying! It makes online racing impossible for me as I would wreck the whole field of drivers.
    Of course, as this problem is so old, I've done plenty of fresh installs as well as reformatted HDDs and reinstalled OSs (I had Win7 64bit now I have Win8.1 64bit).
    Also, I installed several nVidia drivers, I even tried some old ones to check if it would make any difference.

I don't believe it's a rF2 issue per se, as I haven't seen much people with the same problem as I have.
    So I began to check my hardware: CPU and GPU temps are mighty fine (no problems in other games as well). When I press Ctrl+C in game, the pink bar always stays benath 40%, even with full AI grid.
    It happends even on low settings, though the game then runs way above 100fps.

Interestingly, it happend more often when I'm in replay/trackside cam view.
    This made me think about a memory issue. As the x64 .exe came I was very excited to see the problem dissapear but no sir...

So what else could be the issue? Luckily this is the only problem I have with rF2 but it's very annoying.

Maybe some of guys can help me :eek:

System specs:

AMD FX-8350
    nVidia GTX660
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    630W BeQuiet 80+ PSU
    Asus M5A97 Rev 2.0 Motherboard
    SATA III HDD
    Windows 8.1 64bit

2. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I don't suppose you're using an 'older' wheel?

3. kantenflimmern

kantenflimmern Registered

Hm, I'm using a DFGT, my trusty old friend ;), together with Fanatec CSR Elite Pedals.

4. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I can't remember if that wheel was affected but some people had an issue with rF2 dropping out of 'realtime' due to a wheel update issue . You could try changing this line in the Controller.json

"Skip updates":0,
    "Skip updates#":"Apparently some drivers can't handle a quick FFB update rate, so use this hack to skip the given number of updates (0=full update rate, 1=half, 2=one-third, 3=one-quarter, etc.)",