Commentary / Spotter in clean install of 798

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Marc Coyles, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Marc Coyles

Marc Coyles Registered

Spotter / commentary not working in completely clean default install of build 798... (Lite installer + Full content installer + all official ISI downloads... all re-downloaded and installed from scratch on a completely clean system)

Issue occurs whether run as administrator or not.

Commentary folder has to be copied from C:\Users\%username%\Documents\rFactor2\Installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Installed (which you also have to create)

[Fix as per this thread: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/12322-Spotter-calling-out-lap-times/ from build 218 (?)]

2. pkelly

pkelly Registered

I've tried all that=nada :-( Looks like I also have a Commentary folder in Core now too. Was up with that? ISI - is this a bug that will be fixed soon?
    Guys - does your spotter comment in Practice/Qualy and Race mode?

3. Marc Coyles

Marc Coyles Registered

Ah right... now go into C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Installed\Commentary\Commentary and copy the 1.0 folder up a level into C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Installed\Commentary\

4. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Registered

Any way to get the complete ("inside"; "outside"; "all clear" etc) Spotter to work on all the tracks, and not just on the ovals, other than changing the "TrackType" in the gdb track files?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  5. MHansen

MHansen Registered

I can add further information to this problem. In my case the spotter actually worked (using this fix), but I had to turn the engine and sound effect volume down to 10-15% while keeping the spotter volume at 100%. It could seem that there is a problem with the 'native' volume setting for the spotter.

6. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Registered

Thanks for your reply. I agree, there is a problem with the "native" volume setting and by turning down the other volumes as you describe means that you can hear the spotter when it is there. Your solution works great for the oval tracks but if the gdb file does not specify the "TrackType" as an oval type track the spotter is simply not there. Somewhere there is code that says something like: If "TrackType"='oval track' is true, then Spotter. Otherwise no Spotter.

7. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson Registered

Tried a couple of races and never heard a spotter.
    Tried the solution above and no joy.