CTD after 798 update?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Arctic37, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Arctic37

Arctic37 Registered

Everything seems to work fine until I go to "leave" whatever current track I'm on. As soon as I hit "leave track" RF2 crashes to my desktop and I get a notice that Rfactor has stopped working. Anybody else getting this?

2. Tom

Tom Registered

Yep, same thing here but only in SINGLE PLAYER. No problem when I'm on a server though....hoping someone address this as it's very annoying.

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I get CTD usually when I exit the game, not when I "leave". I CTD also when I leave and then try to change car (doesn't happen every time). CTD problems in a form or another have been pain in the ass for long. Fortunately no CTD while driving have never occured if I remember right so I tolerate it.

4. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

I am also getting random CTD since build 798. Happens when going into garage, clicking race, leaving server and exiting game but to name a few. ISI please fix this.

5. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

'same' issue here, always when leaving a track/event(multiplayer and single), and has been present throughout all builds for me including fresh installs. Here 2 event logs of 2 CTDs within half an hour.

Faulting application name: rFactor2.exe, version: 1.7.9.8, time stamp: 0x53cd4ca5
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521eaf24
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000053290
    Faulting process id: 0xfb4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cfba2ecca26118
    Faulting application path: E:\rFactor2\Bin64\rFactor2.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 0ec825f1-262b-11e4-9c99-d855c2b53417

Faulting application name: rFactor2.exe, version: 1.7.9.8, time stamp: 0x53cd4ca5
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp: 0x521eaf24
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000053290
    Faulting process id: 0xa88
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cfba380f1e04a8
    Faulting application path: E:\rFactor2\Bin64\rFactor2.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: f19ef8be-2630-11e4-9c99-d855c2b53417

6. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

In my server people have experienced CTD's when clicking the "Race" button to grid for a race.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

7. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson Registered

Just bought and played for about 20mins and CTD happened to me when AI knocked me off track.
    Not the best way to start a new game.
    Hope this isn't a regular occurrence.

8. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson Registered

CTD still happening quite regularly. In fact, I haven't been able to complete one race. Un-installed and -re-installed and still CTD.
    If the trial period was any longer than 7 days, which is not long enough for folks that can't play every day, I would now be asking for a refund.

9. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Another league race this evening, another CTD for someone when clicking "race"...

10. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson Registered

Support with this game is on par with EA. Once they have the money, no one cares.

11. crz

crz Registered

Just because there is no guy saying "Your problem is very important to us, thank you for your patience" it doesn't mean your issues are ignored. It seems like you are frustrated which is understandable but if you look how many support in terms of new features and bug fixes ISI puts into rF2 you wouldn't make such a comparison. You had a bad start, those CTD appear to me only in the current build.

In case you didn't notice, the next build is around the corner with bug fixes regarding CTD (documented in the release notes and mostly there are also undocumented changes as well). So thank you for your patience, your problem is very important to ISI :D Check it out once it is released, maybe your problem will be gone.

To be fair, the time between updates made me sometimes lose hope too. Then the update came and blew me away so I learned to wait for my treat.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
  12. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson Registered

Thanks for the reply crz, much appreciated and now I'm willing to wait.
    You're correct in your assumption that I was becoming frustrated and that is down to watching all the great RFactor2 videos and seeing how well the game does run when working as designed.

I admin a couple of totally unrelated forums and one thing I do when someone tells me they have a problem is to acknowledge the problem to let them know we are aware of the problem and are working on a fix or thank them for bringing a new problem to our attention.
    It would have been nice to have had a response from someone from management earlier in the thread instead of checking every now and then only to find more folks were having similar problems to mine.
    I've never bought from ISI before and was unaware they were having stability problems with this build or I would have held off with my purchase.

Thanks again.

13. crz

crz Registered

Communication isn't their strength, better get used to that if you like their product. Tim does a good job informing us though. I also think it wouldn't have hurt to leave a little message by ISI in here, some sign of recognition at least.

While we are at it, I had a CTD when joining the track and then 3 consecutive CTD when I tried to join the server again. 4th attempt went well but this clearly needs to go.

14. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson Registered

Build 860 made a difference. I can now play for almost 15mins before CTD.
    Still looking forward to completing ONE race.

When is the next build due ?