Brake sensitivity for the FIA F2 Car

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brettfan, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Brettfan

Brettfan Registered

I have it.But in my opinion,the Dallara Indycar in iRacing is much easier to hold on track than the best Open wheelers in rFactor 2.So i think:rFactor 2 is made also for Professionals,and iRacing is made more for Rookies. My comparison: During the first trainings,the Marussia F1 and the FIA Formula 2 car in rFactor 2 for me were difficult to hold on track and in reality the Race Kart(100cc,28hp) in the first trainings for me also was difficult to hold on track.But quite the contrary,the Dallara Indycar in iRacing on the Laguna Seca track also during the first trainings for me was not difficult to hold on track.For that reason i think,that rFactor 2 with these open wheelers(Marussia F1,FIA Formula 2 car) what about difficulty comes clearly closer to reality than iRacing with its Dallara Indycar or also with its Lotus 79 or Star Mazda car.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
  2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I have a 30Kg load cell and I use around 82% for the modern open wheelers in rF2.

3. Brettfan

Brettfan Registered

The sensation of braking naturally not only is objective but also subjective and so each driver has his own opinion.But after my experience of braking in the Simforce SDA 3 Pro-Simulator the 100% brake sensitivity for the open wheelers in rF2 with an average braking pedal also and not only in my opinion are set to high.

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Indeed, if I had a cockpit instead of my desk and computer chair I'm sure I'd lower it even more, or finally install that 60Kg load cell I bought. :p

5. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

No contest there. It just limits the cars you can drive if you don't have top equipment like me, though. No biggie.

6. Brettfan

Brettfan Registered

Yes.My rig at home is a GameRacer Pro seat,a G27 with its pedals and a 32 inches monitor.Naturally,if i would have a Full motion Simulator like for example the CXC Simulator,my experience and my impressions could be different. Can i ask what is Your top equipment?

7. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

There is nothing top 'round these parts.

8. Brettfan

Brettfan Registered

Yes of course,but after a little bit familiarizing,driving with a better rig is even easier.For that reason in a Pro Simulator after some laps i had better lap times than at home.

9. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

That's what I meant. I don't have top equipment.

10. Brettfan

Brettfan Registered

Yes.Driving fast with an average rig is very good,because its difficult to feel the Limit in the chicanes.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014