Fixed Setup & Fixed AI Setups JSON option?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coanda, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I am experimenting with these two options. I have enabled both options and created the following entry in my "FavoriteAndFixedSetups.gal" file. For me on trackday load my setup loaded however for the AI I am not so sure. My setup uses low downforce with medium tyres however they come out on super softs. Initially I thought they were not using my setup however there straight line speed suggests they are. Have I done something wrong? Maybe it is this Session=10 option. I am not really sure what that is for. I am guessing you can set qualy & race setups etc..

I also have one other question. If I get the AI to use my setup, if I make changes on the fly to the setup will the AI use those new settings right away or is it only on game re-load or session re-load?

AutoLoadEntry
    {
    Track="Indianapolis2014GP"
    Classes="F1RFT2013"
    Session=10 // not currently used
    File="UserData\player\Settings\Indianapolis2014GP\RFT TR WIP Indy Dry Q.svm"
    }

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  2. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

in build 798 is a new feature available where you can (ingame) link a setup to the selected AI . Look under setup in the UI.

For your other questions unfortunately I don't have a answer.

3. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Thanks. Are you referring to the "AI Setup" button in the pit garage? If so this is disabled and grey out for me on a trackday and raceday.

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Yep that I mean. ups I've not noticed this and in which type of session you can use it?
    Only in qualy ?
    Will,check this tomorrow on my system.

5. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I just tried a single qualy session and a Prac+Qualy+Race session and this option is still disabled.

I also have two more question to add to my previous questions. A silly one, If I have "Fixed AI Setups:true" and I don't have an entry in "FavoriteAndFixedSetups.gal" file will the A.I. just revert back to there normal setup. If I have "Fixed AI Setups:true" and do have an entry in "FavoriteAndFixedSetups.gal" file how does this affect the "Autocalibrate AI Mode" option?

6. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I've not tested my following answers :

If no setup is linked IMO they revert to their default setup.

AI calibrating should work as intended but the linked setup influence the AI's and because of this the AI calibrating has to calculate with different values then they other AI has but should still work IMO.

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

For "Fixed AI setups" to work you must also enable "Fixed Setups".
    The AI will then use your "Favorite and fixed setups" per session (?), NOT on the fly.
    This is also the case if you have a multiple class race! Means: If you drive for example a
    Nissan 370 Z and there are also Civics and you attached a setup for the civics in the past
    the Civic AI will use this, although you are driving another car.
    For on track or "on the fly" this button in the garage is for.

AI calibrating should work normal. The setup will not have much or no influence on the line they learn.

8. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Thanks guys.

I think your on the money and that makes sense. I will further test though to be 100% and let you know.

I do have both options enabled. The AI is using my setup as there lap times and straight line speeds have changed however they all come charging out on Hard tyres when my fixed setup calls for mediums. That part I cant understand.

Conflicting opinions which is cool. It would be nice to have some ISI input here to clarify this.

As previously mentioned this option is always disabled for me.

9. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Strange....no idea why.

Regarding the line while learning:
    It has not much to do with opinion.
    The AI is altering theire line.
    The influence of setup on driving behavior CAN´T be that high that the fastest line change. Logical physics.
    I wouldn´t worry about that.

10. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

:) I've not said that the AI change their line. I've said the calibration has to calculate with different values. But who knows ? Without having access to the code ^^.
    For me it seems the AI change the speed and line in small steps to the left and right to measure the understeering, grip and speed.
    Here a copy of some entries from a .wis file.

{
    CorneringCaution
    {
    test = 0
    {
    0.750000 = 3.455505
    {
    off right = 0.034268
    off left = 0.090338
    front left grip = 0.956020
    front right grip = 0.945527
    rear left grip = 0.909633
    rear right grip = 0.946745
    }
    1.000000 = 3.463879
    {
    off right = 0.022582
    off left = 0.123222
    front left grip = 0.950126
    front right grip = 0.958494
    rear left grip = 0.892362
    rear right grip = 0.944426
    }
    1.250000 = 3.467560
    {
    off right = 0.030178
    off left = 0.098272
    front left grip = 0.951107
    front right grip = 0.945351
    rear left grip = 0.900463
    rear right grip = 0.955375
    }
    UnderSteerEffectOnThrottleMulti = 0.750000
    UnderSteerEffectOnLineMulti = 1.000000
    SPEED = 1.000000

11. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Cheers AB. I am leaning towards it does have an influence. This will be part of my next test. To train the AI with and without a AI fixed setup and compare values. Can I ask where are the*.wis files saved?

I did some further testing on the AI fixed setup option. AI fixed setups are used on session reload and not game restart. Any saved changes to the fixed setup whilst in a session will only be used by new vehicles added on the fly therefore any car on track or in the pits or any car that pits after this change and re-enters the track will not use this setup change.

I manage to figure out the "assign" on the fly button. I was confused with the "AI Setup" button that is shown on the default UI. This button is not enabled and isn't even visible on the 3rd party UI's I generally use. The assign on the fly button works exactly as the AI fixed setup option. Assigned changes will only influence AI added after the change. No real difference and is more designed for users not using the AI fixed setup option.

The AI tyre issue is still unclear :(

12. peterchen

peterchen Registered

.wis files are saved in
    UserData\Player\Settings\skipbarber_car (car folder..)

13. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Cheers!

14. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I tried running a Autocalibrate AI Mode session however I was unsuccessful. I ran a single AI track day at Indy with the RFT F1. I am tired of the AI barrel rolling on corners. I see this with ISI open wheeler cars as well. I thought this might eliminate this somewhat. I get the "Stay out of my way human" message so I think the one AI driving the track is doing its job. After 1-4 laps depending on how many times it rolls it returns to the pits. I fast forward time however he does not move. I then hit end session and the lap counter goes nuts and reaches approx 5,000 laps. I then exit the session and look under the suggested folder however there in *.wis file saved.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

15. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I think this thread will help a lot :
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php?t=12831

The track specific .wis files should be to found under settings\used_track\car number\*.wis

You have to set only practice and qualify to active and the according values for calibrating in the player .jason. MarcG has many tests done and his thread is full of usefull information.

greets alex

16. Coanda

Coanda Registered

17. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yeah, when they flip or crash they abandond the learning.
    In this case you have to kick the AI car and place the same again.
    So often until he drives succesfully.
    When the AI car is flipping every single time there is no other chance than to edit the AIW-line at this turn.

18. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Yep the forum search function is awefull. The description you use is different to the settings I've used (in the past)
    AI calibration = 2 should work and it don't have to be a Testday but it made sense because the learn cycle should be around + 200 laps per AI so disable fuel usage select only the number of cars you can really choose (to be sure for every car a . wis file will be created) hit alt + x and lean back. What I remember the files will be created if you end the session.
    Don't beat me all I tell you here is knowledge from older buils maybe some things have changed I don't know ATM.

Edit: you can let run the AI together (for creating .wis files) but be aware that they maybe fight and block against.

19. peterchen

peterchen Registered

For the complete learning you have to set AI calibration to 1.
    AI calibration=2 is for daily, raceweekend use and does a shorter learning in every training (and quali?) session.

20. RustyM

RustyM Registered

I've been working with this too as the Formula ISI at 2007 Indy GP AI were too slow, now using my setup we're all getting into the 1:13's so far. I'd bet at least another 1.5 secs out there with lotta rubber and super softs (at AI strength 105 and aggression at 80, any higher in aggression and i'll see some barrel roll crashing; getting too greedy. :) ) btw DRS at Indy would have been truly amazing had they continued to race here, can run lotta wing for the infield and still reach over 200 mph on the straight. extreme levels of fun and immersion F-ISI @ 2007 Indy. Long Live Turn 13!! only we simracers will ever be able to run T13.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014