[REL] Nordschleife3 v3.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by DJCruicky, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Had the same impression. Maybe I experiment a bit and reduce the saturation by 30 "clicks" for the green stuff. To get colors right in hdr environment is a pain but it pays.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Test version solves the problem. I will do more extensive testing later with a variety of vehicles and pay attention to carousels, but the unnatural jarring and rattling of the wheel is eliminated and replaced with what still feels like an irregular surface.

Minor tweaking likely has to be done to all of the surfaces over time, but the "emergency" is solved.

Thanks for the amazing rapid service!!!

3. Tosch

Tosch Registered

There is a nice pattern on the road surface. Maybe we can add some variation by assigning different tdf values to the materials.

@Marc
    Thanks for the quick response. Now I can sleep better. :D

4. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Hats off gentlemen, a fine and very appreciated update! :)

5. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

@Tosh

PM the link for the test version I have several members able to test this now for you including DJC :)

6. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Looks like I activated the anti spam mechanism. :D
    Will send new pm's.

7. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Hi tosch, can you send me the link to test the track?

8. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

THANK YOU GUYS! Where is the donate button!??

and PLEASE dont go to Simbin!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
  9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I thought we already had different values?

Anyway, the carousels are great now. The cracked surface is still a little bit too noticeable through the wheel. Those cracks are not actually bumps remember, but small depressions. Like a shock, they should produce a rebound effect, not a shock effect and in fact are unlikely to be able to felt through a tire and into the steering wheel unless the gap/crack is large enough that the tire drops a little as it passes over it. Visually, the cracks in that surface do not look that big.

The large number of cracks would slightly reduce grip, though, compared to smooth pavement. However, if wet, there might be more grip than brand new perfectly smooth pavement...but then maybe not depending on what characteristics the pavement took on as it aged. !!!!

I am not sure if depressions can be modelled as easily as bumps, but if so, I would flip it around so the imperfections were the other way. And lessen the effect by at least 50% more.

And enjoy your sleep! A job well done to you and everyone involved in this fantastic track.

P.S., I agree with toning down the green, too.

10. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I would lilke to get the test track too

11. cosimo

cosimo Registered

I can report no more rattling with 1.80.1 (T500).

I found out a small problem, which may have been there from before.
    When I look at the central mirror in the ISI C6R, I can see that the curbs are invisible, and you can see the scenery through them.
    Only curbs have this problem, don't know why.

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I would also love to test 1.80.1. :)

13. Frank Mikolajczyk

Frank Mikolajczyk Registered

Test version 1.80.1

Me too please Tosch,

thx Mikk

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

New version will be posted almost immediately I am sure. Don't worry, FFB problem is solved.

16. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

That's great Guys. I didn't had time yesterday and today to participate and do more testing but I can see other contributions and that's great. Hope to have a new release soon to be able to remove filter and feel the rough road like it is! ;)

17. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

The comment :- "too much green for my tastes!",
    Well, it IS the green hell :p:D.

Have you tried driving the track at a time other than noon? Just a changing of time of day has great affect on the saturation of the colours.
    I see in video there are no clouds. Try changing the weather from Clear to Overcast and you will see a big difference. I made screen shots 12:30pm, each one with different cloud settings.

Clear
    [​IMG]
    Mostly cloudy
    [​IMG]
    Overcast
    [​IMG]

Rfactor does add lots of saturation at this time of day as it's trying to make the track look sunny.

There is danger here, we go lowering the saturation on trees, then the grass looks over saturated. Then we change the grass, then the bushes look bad. After changing the bushes, then you find other things that looked fine before are now all out of balance, kerbs, people, tents, even the cars on the track can then look too bright or over colourful. There is big danger of making the track worse. Think there was one early version that Pleclair made that ended up the wrong way like this. So do try overcast or different time of day and report back.

Same story with the Force feed back I guess. We make all track with no feel, and that makes you change your force feed back settings to a lot higher settings with lower filters, then you hit a kerb and boom your wheel jumps off the desk :D

DJC

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

FFB should be same calibration as with any ISI track. It is very, very close to that with the latest test version. No one should have to adjust their controller for a single track in my view.

19. Justy

Justy Registered

Tried out V1.80 last night and I must say, this is a superb track. The combined efforts of DJC and Tosch, along with Pleclair and com8, before that, have left us with something really quite special for rF2. I don't think I have ever driven (virtually) a more atmospheric and totally immersive version of the ring in any game to date. Thankyou so much! It's also great to see that the FFB is being worked on, as I too, have also noticed the "chattering" on certain sections of the track, with my T500rs. Big thanks again to DJC and Tosch for giving up their free time, to continue to update so soon after releasing 1.80.

I do have one small wish for this track though, providing others feel the same way of course. I find that the grass at the side of the track, is almost a bit too grippy. I've had a few occasions now where I've gotten really wide at a particular corner and wound up with 2 or more wheels off track, in some cases, at very fast speeds and still been able to save it, where I was sure I should really have been in the barriers. I understand that this may well not be an easy, or realistic task given the size of the track and as I've never seen anyone mention this previously, maybe most people would disagree with me and are happy with how it is now. In which case it's not a problem for me, it won't stop me enjoying this track for a long time to come, but it would be nice to feel a little bit more "danger".

Just my 2 pennies worth, keep up the great work gents.

Cheers
    Justin

20. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Can you confirm that it's all of them? or just a few kerbs like that? I've just tried and do see what you say, but I only see it with only a small number.
    I guess mirrors use a lot lower LOD multiplier than your front facing view.

I forgot to thank Juergen-BY and Dickey Fuller for providing me high speed download links for the online 'Get Component' button. Track should automatic download from servers. Thanks again to them.

DJC