rFactor 2 Build 798 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 22, 2014.

1. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

My rFactor 2 keeps crashing when I hit Esc to go back to pits. I have that F1ASR Ligier installed which I'll uninstall to be safe but otherwise, this is annoying.

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

News about expiring license was showing up in the notice box in the Launcher for 2 months before mine expired. And then it did. Just paid my $12
    and got online access again.

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

As a side note, i've experienced rf2 crashes and produces odd behaviour with mods installed. Which one was the cause for i can't say, since i installed a lot simultanously and after deleting everything mods related and cleaned the install folder everything is fine again.

The simplest way to do so is to rename package folder, create a new empty one and clean the install folder under docs. I cleaned the cars/location and cbash folder as well, than installed just the EVE F3 and Lime Rock to test. Just to share my experience, maybe it helps someone to get an idea. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  5. speed1

speed1 Banned

Nice that you didn't exeperience issue other may have. Lucky for you and yes i'm also of the opinion that many simple things could prevent but there is always a little chance that something goes wrong, especially with third part stuff.

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

If you are doing simple housekeeping be aware of this.

If you have uninstalled components (track, car, sound, talent etc.) witch is not installed and belongs to to vmod, get missing component don`t work. Error: Check server URL............ (there is nothing wrong with server URL) or mod could not bee installed etc.

Solution is to install all uninstalled components or uninstall and delete all uninstalled components witch belongs to vmod. :rolleyes:

7. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I dont know what to say other than obviously i dont enjoy housekeeping as much as you do. Its not a question of being able to handle it.

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Strange Issue: clean install 798 Lite. rFactor2 is crashing even i change the line of player.json

from "Auto Install Uninstalled Content In Packages Directory":0, to "Auto Install Uninstalled Content In Packages Directory":1,

Error: "Program is not longer working".

After change player.json again to "Auto Install Uninstalled Content In Packages Directory":0, rFactor2 is starting.

No Plugins or AddOn Mod`s installed.

Any suggestions?

9. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Does fresh install load 64bit version by default? Reason I ask is because I did a fresh install yet rFactor2 folder is in the Program Files x86. Plain old Program Files has no rFactor2 folder. I think I am running the 64bit version because I put the 64bit PedalOverlayPlugin into the Bin64/plugins/ folder and it worked. Shouldn't rFactor2 have installed into plain old Program Files, not x86?

Yes I cleaned out the old rFactor2 folder from Program Files before I uninstalled. Now that I think of it, after upgrading to the 64bit version a few weeks ago the program was located in x86.

Yes my system is 64bit.

Can this be a clue as to why the Launcher fails for me if I ever close it and why if I click "verify" every line says "failed"?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
  10. Armando

Armando Registered

Yes, version 798 runs 64bit executable by default when your system is 64bit.
    You can change that if you want from the launcher, Advanced tab.

Maybe the installation path was not changed because there are quite a lot of 32bit executables in the installation.

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hello,
    i stuck on the strange problem joining my server, if server is passworded.
    - When i`m starting the server without password, rfmod is downloading and installing.
    - When the server is started with password, i get allways the error msg: Mod could not be installed/MOD download failed.
    - When rfmod was downloaded (from not passworded server) i can join the server with password, too.

Thats not only me, all other drivers from our league have the same problem. Is this a well known problem? Any suggestions/help/tipps?

12. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I got this when the mods/components are already in the package directory but not installed. If I install them manually before connecting, all is OK after. Seems the autodownload isn't able to install a component/mod already present in Package folder but not installed.

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

:confused::confused::confused:

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Thanks!! It matches with what I have perceived. I couldnt figure out why in some cases it would work and in others wouldn't. I'll try this afternoon and check if removing components from packages makes it work.

15. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Seems to be same of what you said (I missed you post)

16. Marc Coyles

Marc Coyles Registered

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

For everyone whinging about how normal consumers should be willing to do various housekeeping and are crybabies, isn't the issue settled? Auto-update has been re-enabled with build 798.

ISI simply came to same conclusion that every other sim developer already had--make it as easy as possible for existing and prospective customers to buy and use your product. Let the quality of the product speak for itself, but don't make discovering that quality more difficult than a competitor's or 90% of the population will never find out. It's great that there a handful of dedicated fanatics on this site who even reformat their computers to get an extra few FPS out of rF2. Multiply those fanatics by 100 and you still only have a tiny fraction of the necessary customers to make rF2 a commercially viable product.

Normal customers who are now used to Steam (for all its faults) and other auto-updating software (iRacing, e.g.) will not bother to expend the effort to fiddle and tweak just to get something to run. Get used to it. It's the reality we live in and the reality ISI operates in.

Help ISI make the auto-updater as bullet-proof as possible. Any other energy is wasted "crying" in this world.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Make sure you aren't running a 3rd party UI that hasn't been updated to work with 770+. If you are running the default ISI UI make sure your running 1.0e. 1.0d may have been orphaned and your running that. 1.0d doesn't work on 770+. You will not be able to join a passworded server on 1.0d.

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hopefully this would be fixed asap...Thanks for the information, MaD_King

@ Noel: I have no 3rd party UI. The ModManager doesn`t show an installed UI. How could i check wich version UI i have installed and where could i get 1.0e?

20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

If you don't have any UI's listed in the ModMgr then you probably have the latest.

But to be sure, open this file in Notepad to see the version number:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Core\UIData\rFactor2 UI.mft"

That assumes you used the default pathing. Adjust that path as needed.