rFactor 2 Build 798 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Im sorry that happens to you but if its not working for you while it does for others, it clearly means that something is wrong on YOUR side.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ok guys so is this supposed to install in program files or program files x86?

I have 32 and 64 bit games that aren't even installed in either folder (GT Legends, Battlefield 3, Game Stock Car, etc.) and they all work just fine on my Win 8.1 64-bit system....

I'm going to do a brand new install and would like some clarification please...

3. randy103

randy103 Registered

Flawless! Thank you!

4. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

This is just a guess but could it be it's running just fine but you just can't see it? I'm not telling you're blind! :) I mean sometimes some software does this to me when I'm using computer with multiple displays. Program starts just fine but it's located out of monitor's "borders". What usually helps is to move the hidden window by first selecting it from taskbar and then moving it towards left or right by pressing keyboard combination [Windows] + [Left/Right Arrow]. Hope it helps and if not then at least it's good tip for everyone using multiple displays (try up and down arrow keys too). :)

If it doesn't work then I'd wait for few days if others have the same issue and find a fix. If not then I'd eventually install Windows from scratch (bu first making sure you really did clean install of rFactor 2).

5. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Clearly there is an issue with your machine. Working fine here (multiple installs).

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Found some strange entries in the player.json:

Maybe I`m wrong but should be 0 or 1 instead true?

From the "old" player.plr:

There are more entries with this (IMHO) missmatches...

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

When you say fresh windows install, did you consider some benchmarks or stability tests for your sys in general. That is what i do first before i use it, to ensure it is stable under extrem conditions, even if it has nothing to do with you specific problem, i would test it also. The other thing what comes in my mind is, is your rf2 clean as well ? I mean did you use any mods, addons or plugins ? If so, than try rf2 clean and lite as well. In the days of GTR2 i had often such experiences with mods and addons, where some could drive in trouble, just because of beeing installed. Another question, are this the first time u have issues with rf2 ?

8. peterchen

peterchen Registered

"true" does the same as "1"
    "false" does the same as "0"

9. whitmore

whitmore Registered

10. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

Automatic upgrade worked fine but the 32bit plugins do not work.
    64bit plugins work perfectly.

11. jkn87

jkn87 Registered

thanks, i'll take a look at it

12. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

That's a great help, I'm sure he appreciates it :)

I hope he gets a solution. rF2 can be quite... frustrating for no appearent reason.

13. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Has anyone verified the custom skin issue reverting to default after exit then replay?

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks, I thought the same, but with rF2...you never know ;-)

15. kantenflimmern

kantenflimmern Registered

Since this update, new installed mods don't show up in game :C
    I can install them with ModManager and everything works fine, but I can't select them in game.
    And yes, I selected "all vehicles" in the series tab, but it only shows mods I installed pre-b798.

Any ideas?

Edit: Even if I select another track, it alwys loads the last one and crashes on loading screen. Auto-Updated has screwed it up once again :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  16. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

I know it's tempting to say it's on my side. But when you concider that now i have 2 installs of rF2. 770 which starts up the launcher normally and the game works flawlessly (like all my other games!), and the the new 798 build which just doesn't show the launcher window. The process is visible in process's page (2nd page from left) in task manager but not in the application page (1st page on left) like it is with 770 and everything else that is running.
    So i dont even care if the problem is on my side, the build should not be like that because NO other software behave the same way. It's just crappy coding, period.
    I have everything set to default in my OS atm.

17. kantenflimmern

kantenflimmern Registered

So, after 4(!) fresh installs both the 32bit and 64 executables work now, but I have to say very dissapointing Update on my side :(
    Noticeably less FPS under almost all circumstances, a lot of weird LOD issues and freezes almost every 2 minutes. Earlier today I ran the Marrusia on Silerstone and Nürburgring GP eith b770 with constant 60fps, now with b798 it stutters between 35 and 40 fps...

18. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Update to my situation:

Dave at NRT got my server up and running during the night, last night.

I have no clue to what fixed it. After I chat with him tonight I'll post again.

Thanks Dave!!!

Bryan

19. TJones

TJones Registered

On a plattform like Windows with thousend of possible hardware, driver and background task combinations, it's normal that at a few of those systems, new code didn't work as expected.
    Only thing a dev-team can do is give the software to internal testers and after passing, to a greater audience of customers where willing to try those "unstable releases" before the final release.
    And this exact what ISI did.

So instead blaming staff for "crappy coding", you better get a look in the rFactor-2-Technical-Support section, where Jeremy Miller is very busy helping people with problems, often successfull btw.

20. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I have never had this many issues with rFactor2.

On another fresh install:
    -As I get to the rFactor 2 main menu (not the Launcher), rF2 minimizes to the desktop.
    -When I click on the Update tab it says up to date as expected, then in Verification everything gives me a "verification failed". I'm not sure if this is a big issue, but it has never happened.
    -The 64bit plugins are again freezing (rF2 not responding) when they try to load. This issue had somehow gone away yesterday.
    -I have had one rF2 freeze navigating the options tabs.
    -My custom skin loads fine when on track and viewing a replay while still in the event. Once I exit and review the replay, the skin has reverted to the MOD's default.

I'm running out of ideas, very frustrating build.