[REL] Seat Leon Cup Racer 2014 v1.5 Update 21th May 2015

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Tommy78, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Eddy

Eddy Registered

No problem here TIG.....downloading now will take about 4 mins.

my internet speeds are (with speedtest) ping: 12 ms, upload: 8,52Mbps, download: 60,07Mbps

2. m0ck

m0ck Registered

Yes I do have engine failures at high rate too... which weren't in previous version

No Juergen, I didn't miss Tommy's answer, I asked for feedback of other users if they feel like me that FFB became too light.

Tommy, of course it is very easy to increase FFB Mult in 2 clicks, and then enjoy ffb clipping.

Thanks Marc for summing up. This is exactly the situation.

Don't know if it was mentioned earlier, the driver side wisher slightly piercing through the windshield in cockpit view. Didn't understand what that object was.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
  3. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Why should you get clipping? If the FFB got lighter you just can raise the FFB multi until it is as strong as in V 1.1

4. Draven.Breeze

Draven.Breeze Registered

I can't believe no one gives a **** about the sound issue! I myself can't do more that 1 lap with this car as my ear starts hurting. Everything else is great, but the internal engine sounds is bad for for me the mod would be after all useless.

Tommy, if you have NO intention to fix the internal engine sound just say so. Its a simple YES/NO. Its your work after all and nobody tells you what do to.

But at least I don't have to stay wasting my time in this thread if you just say "NO, no sound fix". "Or I have no idea how to fix it" etc

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I agree that currently we have to rely too much on visual cues for shifting gears. (based on the video, haven't had time to try rf2 version myself yet) Sounds are about the same in AC.

6. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Thanks for the Seat Tommy, this is a high quality mod, and I love your previous work too. Definitely worthy of a donation.

Don't worry about those people. If the net should be in a certain place just put it there. If they don't like it, you even gave them the option to remove it. So you have been even more accommodating than necessary.

7. Draven.Breeze

Draven.Breeze Registered

All I'm asking is a YES or NO. For some reason he's just ignoring the sound questions. I dont wish to remove it as its a TOP mod, I wish the sound to be better that's all. Is that so ****en hard to understand?

8. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

I just made the effects, chassis noise, transmission sound, etc. The base sound (interior and exterior) created by Lukas Möllmann as you see in the readme, so any update or modify on the sound is depend on Lukas. I can't say more.

9. Draven.Breeze

Draven.Breeze Registered

Thank you Tommy for letting us know.

10. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Got to try it myself now. Sounds are ok generally. Though I don't like how it sounds after upshift, it sounds like I shifted way too early (sounds like very low revs).

I needed some time to get used to ffb. Ffb is strong enough with t500. Had to use near default settings otherwise I would spin. This car seems to like understeer setup (I'm no setup guru though).

One thing I noticed was that regaining grip ffb was pretty weak. Would like it to be more pronounced. Now it felt quite slippery because of that.

Eventually I had fun with it. Thanks Tommy. I must say it feels quite diffrent to the one in AC.

11. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

I think you misunderstood me or maybe you quoted me by mistake. I wasn't referring to your post at all, I was talking about the net in the cockpit as discussed earlier.

12. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Physics are really fun. I watch BTCC a lot and seeing Andrew Jordan driving style I can understand why he does drive like that, it's really well developed into this car and you have to fight it when you push to the limit or over drive. I think it's perfect representation of a FWD touring car. It's great fun, I can feel the rear sliding and the when the front is gaining/losing grip. It's one of the best physics I have felt.

It's a really good mod, physics wise I think it's amazing and the FFB is just natural (In my view) just jumped in and drove.

For a negative I think sounds need work, I'm really struggling to hear the engine, and when in a pack of cars the sound is just very dull and hard to know if it's mine or someone else's. I think it needs to be louder. Also the brakes are very loud against the engine sound but I think the engine noise is just too weak currently. It should be easily fixed, and not the worst.

Very impressive, I'll be interested to see if you do future work. :cool:

13. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

I have some news about the sounds.
    I contacted again one of the team who run on this sereis, and they accept to my request to record the real sounds of the car. But still they don't know when will be possibke , because the car is now under construction, so they can't start the engine ATM.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Great news. Rebalancing the volume between the in-car sound and the "other cars" would be a quick fix in the meantime to allow users to hear their own engine a bit better.

Also, I don't think the current sound is that bad, but sometimes a little trick is added to the sound (a roughness or groaning or some frequency change) that subtly indicates the engine is approaching red line. Some engines are inherently smooth and don't do this. We have one of those in this car :)

15. dbell76

dbell76 Registered

AWESOME!!
    that sounds cool......
    thx Tommy

16. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

Quick question, not sure if this is correct in the hdv file.

[REARWING]
    RWForceDistrib=(1.0:rear_subbody)
    RWRange=(-10, 5, 5)
    RWSetting=2

The "-10" is the bit that's got me confused. Is it meant to be like that? I would of thought "(10, 5, 5)" would be correct? Again I could be wrong, just wanna double check

17. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

As the real car, the rear wing is adjustable from -10 degrees to +10 degrees with 5 degrees step, so the -10 is correct

18. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Is it possible that the upgrade of the aero part wasn't the best? For me v1.1 drives a lot better and i seems that it was a lot more popular on the servers. Since update 1.2 the servers are empty. I had a look in the physics and saw that the car has lift on the front and downforce on the rear? That must be a fault right?

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I don't know if it is better or no, but the car feels and drives much different with V1.2!

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

1.2 feels better to me.