[REL] Seat Leon Cup Racer 2014 v1.5 Update 21th May 2015

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Tommy78, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Magus

Magus Registered

Thanks for the fix Tommy, can also confirm that it is no longer black screening. Now I just need to figure out a way to keep on pace with AI around Silverstone International.

2. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Hi Tommy, how did you fix the "black screen" issue?

Other mods seem to have the same problem. Would be really nice to know and spread this info.

3. Adrian

Adrian Registered

To anyone who likes this mod, don't forget to drop him a dollar or two. His donation link is HERE show him that RF2 community spirit :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
  4. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

I used before the "src color" and "one" bend mode for the rpm LEDs, which is a glow effect, and that's caused the problem. I changed to "src alpha" and "inv src alpha" and the black sccreen is gone. Now is no glow effect, but better than the black screen :)

5. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Great find Tommy. Did you inform ISI about this? I would assume they know about it already, but just as a reminder.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

These glow effects (sometimes on tail lights) have caused the black screen problem in other mods for years. Glad it is sorted here!

7. m0ck

m0ck Registered

I think this should be reported to ISI directly. As some people have this issue and others don't (I never had this issue with any mod...). That maybe a bug that ISI should take a look into fixing it.

8. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Thank you so much for the update ;)

So the net can now be switched on or off - still no chance for a repositioning now? The net is placed much to low compared to the real car - in the actual position it would be very useless and unsafe! :D

Some other requests/questions/comments/wishes:

• Car #2 has two skins but why is the second skin a separate car? Wouldn't it be better if the second version would be deposited as a secondary skin or variant?
    • In the spinner the cars don't have a windscreen texture (or the wrong, default one?), but on track they do have - object or material error for the spinner-lod maybe?
    • Vehicle static subshadow is missing in the spinner and on track. Mentioned this before and still don't know if this is related to the latest build though. Anyhow the Civic and NSX for instance do have a static subshadow on track...
    • Swingman camera focus or center is placed much too low and not in the center of the car. I personally would appreciate a centered and higher camera (love to take some quick laps with a gamepad and in swingman view :D)
    • Texture of the rear lights does glow too much from some perspectives. This looks like the headlights are turned on or such.
      [​IMG]
    • Would it be possible having daylights always on and headlights being switchable!? Maybe by using tuning options? At least as far as I saw this would be more like with the original counterpart (see here for normal visual and here for headlights turned on).
    • At least for me it seems there is something wrong with the driver head or helmet or the whole driver model as it seems to be too small or placed too high or the helmet is facing a point above the horizon. Don't know really what the issue is but compared with real pictures there seems to be something wrong with the guy!? I've made the following simple montage. OK, the driver of car #13 really is sitting on the floor it seams. Anyhow one easily can compare the proportions and a bit of positioning.
      [​IMG]

PS: I'm sorry for being so fussy...must be the genes :D

9. m0ck

m0ck Registered

Tommy already said that he has no plans to fix the net in the right position (nor the rollcage geometry :().
    When turning off the net, it is still available on the external view, so I personally still don't understand the point of giving that option.

- Noticed the missing windshield in spinner too yesterday (it was ok in v1.0).
    - The brake lights are more important, as at the moment they are not seen very well. Maybe Tommy would make fake light-flares, or implement Some1's light flare shader. That would help.

Earlier I mentioned HERE weird looking reflections on the rollcage bars, I didn't quite understand your reply Tommy.
    Here is what I mean:
    View attachment 15410
    Rollcage has road surface reflection, as there was no floor in the car.
    Because I run triple monitors that are pretty close to me (60cm or so), so the virtual cockpit is bigger, and that rollcage bar is in front of my eyes and cannot be unnoticeable, and those road reflections on rollcage do look very weird.

Sorry Tommy if I'm being too harsh, sometimes I can be a real PITA. Pleas take everything I say in proportion :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
  10. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Think you just misunderstood the sense of this option. It's for those who don't want the net in the cockpit view. OK, I've to say because the net is in wrong position it's not really needed to disable the net. Anyhow I guess Tommy had the request to do so and it's really easy to implement ;)

11. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Still no chance. Useless and unsafe everything in the cockpit, because is this just a sim game, not a real racing, don't need any safety parts. I know the net is not at the same position, but if i place on the right place, everyone notice, "cant see the mirror", "cant see outside from the car" etc. Now is in lower position, i can see outside, and i can see the mirror, i don't know someone why can't? but now there is an option to switch off.
    Car #2 has two skin, yes right, and what's the problem with it? You can easily select which car you want to drive.
    Yes the windscreen is missing in the spinner, i found this problem today. When i played with the black screen issue, i changed the shadow option in the gen file, after i tried few things, and i did two separate object, and i forgot to write the front windscreen in the spinner gen. So its not "spinner-lod", "material" or "wrong texture" problem, just simple missed the windscreen mesh file from the spinner.
    The car under shadow is a simple plane with a texture, i did it, exported, and the instance is in the gen file, same than any other car, so i can do anything more with it.
    About the swingman camera, you can change the camera if you assigned a button for it. There is no rules, to "make sure the swingman camera is in the center of the car" And this is not a PS4. If you want to drive with this mode, switch on the PS with the GranTurismo.
    Here is the rear lights when off and on, i think everyone see the different:
    [​IMG]
    Everything possible, just need to make it. Later on maybe i do the daylight.
    About the driver, yes, Amalia Vinyes is about 160cm or less, the original rF2 driver i don't know, a resize it, but i don't care too much the driver in the car, especially to compare with a real driver, and for the position.

12. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

And here is the brake lights, and the time of the day is 13.00 so its enough bright to compare:
    [​IMG]

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Tommy, just try to remember all the nitpicking is out of love ;) This is such an awesome mod, people want it to be perfect (by their definition). Frustrating as the author I am sure, but don't give up. It truly is close to perfect!

14. m0ck

m0ck Registered

That's about 3 meters from the car when the rear is shaded. What if you go further back while the the rear is pointed to the sun?
    I don't want to see other opponents brake lights only when I'm 10-5 meters from him.
    Sometimes I rely on opponents brake points (to learn a track for example), but that cannot happen if I'm at larger distance where I can't see his brake lights.

15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Reminds me on the Nords whining...some grass is maybe to green or not green enough and one turn is maybe 0.00001° in the wrong radius :D

16. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Thank you for your answer Tommy.

First please note that I only posted suggestions, no offends. You seem to think I wanna criticize your work but I really don't want to! It's meant to be constructive and you are the one to make use of it or not. It would be possible to directly say you don't want any comments on your work too. Either way I wouldn't have bad feelings if you ignore my comments completely.

Second I guess we do have a different understanding of what an simulation needs or is. For me the 1:1 digital copy of a car is one thing of a complete simulation - not only the physic-way. The net does not have the right position and therefore the Leon simulation is not complete in the meaning of a 1:1 copy of the real car. Positioning the net in the correct position is no big deal and above that you already included the update option to simply disable the net in the cockpit. So where is the problem now? If someone is disturbed by the net he simply can disable it in the update options. Really easy and straight forward. Anyhow this would not be in compliance with the idea of a simulation...

Regarding car #2 it's just a simple thing: You now have two #2 cars in-game if driving against AI. Then you need to remove and add a new AI in-game then. TBH it's no big deal but something tiny unpleasant you know!? :D

The undershadow seams to be a bit more difficult then in rF1 days. Don't know how to solve the issue now. Maybe this is something for ISI staff to help with.

To be honest, your comment on the swingman camera is pretty arrogant. I will just see over it and don't comment any further on this because I don't think we are leading the discussion on the same objective level.

"Animation-wise" you're right regarding the rear lights. Anyhow it's not about the difference between braking and not braking. It's about a texture with unequal lightning or contrasts. If compared to the real car you will see the difference:
    [​IMG]
    Maybe you used the photos from the prototype to build the textures for the rear lights but these do reflect the light unnaturally and maybe were taken with headlights/daylights turned on.

Daylight and driver appearance would be parts of a complete simulation again - a simulation as per my definition so it must not be the same definition as yours. So again just make your decision. I guess all including me will be fine with it ;)

17. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Well I shall just say thank you and I hope you produce more in the future.

I enjoy this, hockenheim and the trucks:)

18. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

+1

19. McFlex

McFlex Registered

At 29°C Ambient temperature the oil and water temperature gets pretty high around 110°C and you can't adjust the cooling anymore to get the temperature down

20. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Yes, I know this, today is coming the v1.2 which is include a lot of update and bugfix.