T500RS July 2014 drivers and firmware V42 problem

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by TOCA2FREAK, Jul 19, 2014.

1. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

I've just updated my Thrustmaster T500RS to the July 2014 drivers and updated firmware to V42.

Now when I enter Control Options in rf2 it is very very laggy. Takes ages for menu to respond. I have no problems if I unplug my wheel menu works fine but when wheel is plugged in the Control options menu runs very laggy.

All other option menus are fine with wheel attached.

Running rf2 64bit build 770.

Please fix ISI. :)

2. DEK

DEK Registered

Im fine with these new driver/ firmware. No problems here. Maybe try to reinstall it.

3. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

ok will try that. Thanks ;)

4. rodger

rodger Registered

I installed the new thrustmaster firm ware and now my wheel won't wake up it's dead. I had no problems before, wheel ran great. I been in contact with the support and still nothing. What a drag new build 64bit rfactor and no steering wheel.
    I've searched the internet and tried everything I could find nothing will wake it up. My only hope is thrustmaster support will come up with the solution. Anybody got any ideas?

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

What does these new drivers do?

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

@Rodger: if you have access to another computer, preferably XP and USB 2.0 only, try to wake up your wheel using the recovering process from Thrustmaster. This process didn't work at all on my modern Win8 laptop or my gaming Win7.

Each time I updated my T500RS firmware I had a painful period where my wheel was dead and unresponsive during hours, no led, nothing. Each time I had to bring ON my old XP laptop which have only USB 2.0 to wake up the wheel and flash the firmware, and after this it was OK on my Windows 8 laptop having USB 3.0 and my gaming desktop witth Windows 7 and also a mix of USB 2.0 and USB 3.0. All that to say it seems more reliable to use an old XP computer with only USB 2.0 to flash a new firmware.

Saying that, my wheel (and my TH8RS) work fine and I will not take any risk to update firmware if it only bring compatibility for new device.

7. DEK

DEK Registered

To update The new package you have to first install The new driver and then The new firmware. Otherwise it wont work.

8. rodger

rodger Registered

Hi DEK,
    Thanks for your response. I did install the drivers first after I tried to update the firmware no go.

9. rodger

rodger Registered

Hi Yololo69,
    I'll try and find someone with a laptop running xp because I don't have one. My main computer is win.7 2.0 usb.
    I'll let you know if that works thanks for your help.

10. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I had this very problem and posted it in the unstable release section.

At least in my case, I narrowed the issue down to the TH8RS shifter. With the 4.2 drivers and unplugging the TH8, everything went back to normal. I could not see any benefit in the latest drivers for the T500RS, after some difficulty, I managed to revert to 4.1. Everything runs fine now. I have notified Thrustmaster of this issue which only seems to affect rFactor2.

11. rodger

rodger Registered

Hi Voltaic,
    Thrustmaster support just contacted me and said the same thing , telling me to unplug the shifter.
    Tried that and still no luck.
    In firm ware update there is nothing in the firmware box. In device box it says (BOOT) TRS Racing-wheel:41.
    thanks

12. Mariusz Krych

Mariusz Krych Registered

If i unpluged th8rs it worked. Otherwise not i have new firmware.

13. rodger

rodger Registered

Hi how did you go back to 4.1 ?

14. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Download/install the previous drivers (sorry but I don't have the path). After that go to the Start/Thrustmaster/T500/Firmware updater Updater/, you should see version 4.1. Select it and it will ask if you want to revert, say yes and that's it.

15. waynevegas

waynevegas Registered

I have the exact same issue... have new firmware and no response/heavy lag in controller menu. T500 and Th8rs work fine in pcars and assetto corsa. I can get it to work in rf2 by unplugging th8rs.

16. Adrian

Adrian Registered

I also have this problem. Also no option to revert back to 41 in the updater.

17. melg

melg Registered

Dont know if this helps but there are new drivers on thrustmasters site. Think it is only a firmware update thou.

18. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

I think it helps : new version v43 to solve the TH8RS problem.

19. rodger

rodger Registered

Hi all just to update the new firmware did the trick for me wheel is working again. Thanks to everyone for all the help.

20. melg

melg Registered

Nice to have a thread with everyone helping without any bitching. Wish other threads was like this.