F1ASR92 by F1 ASR Modding Team (car by car)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Legends League is offering some races these days, stay tuned, you have to join in the forum.

2. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

3. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

The same at Legends League, some races until end of the year, and then may be a full season.

4. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Hi all, I'm working on a talent file to get the AI sorted in a somewhat realistic order. Is anyone interested? I'm not 100% sure how to link the file with the mod.

5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I asked ASR if they want to try it, so maybe they will do that. Otherwise I could provide the RCD File so everyone who runs it only offline can do his own changes...

6. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Interested - yes - but no clue! TIA

7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I think I got the basics working, the problem of course is that the WDC rang order is based on a lot of retirements, so in fact when I'm making a driver "slower" to move to the bottom, in reality I'd need to make his car less reliable.

I'll be happy with the simple aim that the first six or ten cars should be "known faces", I.e. I don't want a March on a podium and a Mansel in the third part of the grid.

ASR has responded, I guess they'll be happy to include it.

8. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Good news - thx

9. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I sent them the RCD file, it's not perfect (because AI performance also depends on car and track files) but it does get the cars into a somewhat proper order where the top four constructor teams of that year can be found always at the front, and some others regularly at the back. I'm sure they'll include it quite soon in the official download.

Hazi, since I saw you were interested in modding, do you want to see the RCD?

10. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Sure - but no expert here - so don`t know if I could give proper feedback but would be nice if I could get them and a short how to how to implement..

11. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Not so desperate for feedback, but it will give you an idea how to use RCD.

Edited to add some pics... racing the 1991 Ferrari 643 against the 1992 cars, you really can't see that much difference from the outside, but the cockpit and handling is even better. It will be great to have the FW14B matched so we have a super-high quality F1 car for ourselves with a whole AI grid to race against.

View attachment 15212 View attachment 15213 View attachment 15214 View attachment 15215

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2014
  12. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi GCCRacer!

I'm very very interested about offline realism races, can you send me rcd files too?

13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

View attachment 15223

Here's the file attached, since I obviously don't want to distribute "non-official" full edit/component. Simple pack it into the COMMON mas file if you want to make it for yourself, otherwise for multiplayer and such I would wait for ASR to release an update.

What I did is rather simple: I used the same value for wetspeed, speed and qualifying speed. We could make more of "driver personality" here but honestly I wouldn't know who of them qualifies great and races slow, or who is a god in the rain.

Starting from the highest-ranking to lowest-ranking (by WDC points) I decreased that speed value for each driver a few points.

I also descreased startskill, agression, composure and minracingskill as the list goes from fastest to slowest, but not for each driver individually, and never very low (i.e. I don't believe we should have F1 drivers that can't do a decent start, or are very incosistent). I reduced Crash value to zero for all of them, because at some tracks (Modern Spa in my case) I had too many retirements. Drivers still make mistakes and go off with these settings.

With this edit in place, you will usually see McLaren, Williams and Benetton very high up the timelist, followed by a mix of Ferraris with Lotus or Tyrell, followed by Footworks... Teams that had better and worser drivers (March, Tyrell) will have one driver usually higher scoring than the other.

The problem is, as I wrote in the community hall, that this edit literally puts the AI onto approximatly the place they had earned by end of the year in total points. However, some of these teams were quite a lot faster (Ferrari for example) but suffered from reliability. Alesi finished usually better than seventh - if he did finish - but I can't model a random factor that either has him get a podium or a retirement...

So it's not perfect, but for me it's a definite immersion improvement to not see Andrea Modena leading or Senna at the back.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I love this mod, but man it is hard to get so excited about it after driving the 643. The physics on the 91's (McLaren as well) are just so much better than these. I really, really hope the '92's get an update after the '91's are perfected. It would be great to have the more accurate physics with such an otherwise wonderful full field.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I do have an issue driving these as I feel "disjointed." However, even for the league physics it would be nice to have that four wheel "lazy" slide to be reduced and for the front to bite more instead of have that lingering Indycar 2014 feel to it.

16. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I love it when people post "accurate physics" when they have obviously driven a 1992 F1 car and know how it drove HAHAHA!

17. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Is it offline or online you're talking about? For offline, I guarantee you it's almost impossible to notice when you drive the 643 that your teammate has the newer one. So just take the '91 high detail cars into the '92 grid and don't add that particular driver to the field (i.e. you replace either Alesi or Capelli), you end up with a full grid and a perfect car to drive for yourself. Once the FW14B is here it will be perfect because you can just mix that car into the '92 offline grid with a perfect fit.

Of course, online is a different story.

18. cartandretti

cartandretti Registered

Why is there an issue with AI performance for a league version when we could use talent to fix the off road issues on the gravel? Just wondering.

19. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Thx - hope I can try this weekend - xmas comming.....

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I know, it's hilarious. ;)