F1ASR92 by F1 ASR Modding Team (car by car)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Yes 91-92-93-94.

We think that the best way is to remake all models car by car, as the 643,in order to release often something, instead of waiting years

2. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

Hi Bjorn, Sderenno is the data-man "Hi-Fi physics", please respect the new team and the new component for the hard work! Thank! :)

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Just saw the Ferrari, brilliant work. Congratulations for the modding team.

4. panande

panande Registered

You are the first modding team, that gets my full support (Just donated some money^^) These are the first mods, that Im willing to pay money for (If you put it that way) although I dont have to. Keep up the exceptionally good work!

5. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

I would like to explain to users how I make the the physics of car and why, no secret.

Often I watched a lot of physic's files of a lot of mod, reading them you notice that there is a lot of work behind, much trouble to create a physical technically correct for cars and then ?

Get on track and maybe the feedback is not satisfactory, the car is impossible to drive at 30 km / h.

How do you make something good, but mostly fun and enjoyable?

Trying a lot of mods, when I find something really nice, I begin modifications on it, engine, transmission, tires, Wings, brake etc.

Probably historically is not working correctly, but I think the pleasure of driving should be put at the first place compared to all.

6. panande

panande Registered

7. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I have to say that physics on this MOD are a pleasure to drive. Graphically this MOD is astonishing, but physics are the best. I like your idea of to take a good thing as a base and then change it.

I know it is not accurate historically talking, but the result is fun and good competition.

8. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

I'd also like to chime in and give a big thanks to to all the ASR team guys. Phenomenal job with these cars and the 643 Ferrari is just simply mouth watering.

As far as physics, although not 100% true to life I think these cars do an excellent job conveying the early 90s F1 feel. I think the bottoming out issue should be solvable by messing around with the 3rd springs, haven't messed with them yet myself. As far as dampers, setting a bigger difference in rebound to bump makes these cars come alive.

Thanks again to all ivolved

9. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

I think this is totally acceptable, given that this is effectively a League Edition. It's good that you have said upfront that it's not supposed to be historically accurate, but more of a fun to drive mod.

Doubtless there will be people who prefer historically accurate physics, but that will take time and I think this could be a good base to move on to the HE version in future

I have noticed that driver arms appear and disappear randomly from all cars, if you change camera view they come and go with no real consistent reason.

Sparks would be awesome

Also, can you get the 'sticker' tyres? As in when new tyres were used you could still see the sticker on them for a lap or so.

10. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

we will make all the drivers animated as the 643, Tires as the 643, All the new rims are just ready but should be mounted.

Big thanks to Ulf for tires and rims.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
  11. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

One thing about physics in my opinion, is that the cars have too much brake power. At Bahrain I been braking long after the 100 meters board.

I don't know what the others thing about it. Brakes looks like actual F1 cars sometimes. I don't have any data to back this, just my opinion.

12. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Great to see some credit towards him finally.

Thanks for the physics explanation too... I hope the HE version will be a bit more historically correct then - you have the blueprints :)

13. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Yes, I agree. I'll can use my wheel on September, so I can change tires compound.

14. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

IMHO best physics and feedback for rF1 like sim is that built on Game Stock Car's cars by Niels Heusinkveld, if one day he could give us a hand, we could be really at the top.

15. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Modifying tires compound will change overall grip or just at braking?

There will be another tire compound available?

I made a donation, it's not too much, but things here are difficult.

16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

But maybe you can expand the damper value range to real settings like it was with the indy physics. It will not change the generell physics but everybody can his setup to a style he likes.

17. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Thanks for your support, also 1$ is a sign of appreciation for us.

There are many ways to make this tires longitudinal grip is one of this.

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I cannot drive the cars till September and I went through all pages here but I still dont understand.
    Do we have to drive all with paddles?
    Isnt it possible to use h-shifter where applicable?
    Thank you.

19. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Sure, but I doubt that sadly... It would be nice though.

Sure you can drive them however you want :) Only the Williams and the Ferrari had paddles throughout the whole season. Rest were H-pattern for the majority or all the season.

20. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Hi, nikos.
    Like you, I could not understand how to shift (paddles or shifter). Some I could tell were paddles and others definitely did not seem right without lifting. Somewhere in the middle of this thread I found a post stating that one was using H-shift.

Not until you asked your question, did I get an answer. You thought to ask and I didn't. For some reason I couldn't even google and find an answer for shifting used in year "92. If using rF2, why would one want to do it wrong?