F1ASR92 by F1 ASR Modding Team (car by car)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Will these '92 F1 cars or are they already being done for AC? That would be an awesome comparison of the two platforms. At this point I would eat my hat if the same cars in AC felt as alive and authentic as here...but only one way to find out. And just to be clear, I am not asking for them to be done for AC--could care less. These are already close to perfection with more improvements in the pipeline. Just my curiosity about the two platforms getting the better of me.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The URD Corvette was released for AC recently. Don't know if it's the exact same we have in the rF2 EGT mod.
    But there should be a chance of some comparison there.

EDIT:
    Oh I just forgot to (once again) praise everyone working on this amazing mod. I can't believe how awesome it is!!

3. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

We have made some experiments with the 643, but only in the showroom, it is needless to say that graphically makes it better, but I think that RF2 is quite a bit ahead as features.

We would like to clarify that we do not live the presence of multiple simulators as a battle, however we believe that the presence of more sim increase the migration of arcade racing gamers to SIM platforms.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2014
  4. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

5. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

That looks quite drivable.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Looks about right how a car I drive would end up.

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Sderenno have you guys planned a mesh rework for the parts visible from drivers cockpit view ? I use a multiview setup on 3 x 24" (5760 x 1080 + bezel correction) with a FOV around 26 and for example the front tires does not look perfect round with this settings. I mean the parts outside of the cockpit as bonnet, front tires, mirrors and some visible suspension parts.

Thanks again to all of the F1 ASR team for this fantastic mod :) !

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2014
  8. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Thanks for mod ASR team. Fantastic stuff! :)
    They look, sound & feel superb. :cool:
    With these & the URDs, rF2 is finally getting the
    community mods to push the game forward.
    Keep up the good work.

9. hallenstein

hallenstein Registered

again many thanks for this fantastic mod ;)
    have a little issue, wonder if somebody experiences similar: when I go into eau rouge in spa (track is from rd website) I loose a lot of revs and the ai is just flying past ...
    is it track related???
    cheers for any suggestions or input

10. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

i'm working on this...

11. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

The McLaren has been posted, but there is a bug. The smaller dash isn't working. The horizontal little dash that shows the kph/mph.

12. hallenstein

hallenstein Registered

grazie :)

13. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Here is a shot of my my wheel while i am driving the lotus around Suzuka. PS: I have a replica, not Mika's wheel that sold recently at Bonhams momo.jpg

14. trollray

trollray Registered

Hey, thanks so much for the work done on this mod!
    Fantastic to see so passionate guys.

Keep the faith! ;)

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I have this too. It seems the cars are bottoming out quite severely in a lot of places on a couple of tracks.
    Through Eau Rouge I've seen AI literally blow up when clipping the inside curb.

Also the cars get stuck or flip when going into the grass and gravel traps on many tracks.

16. ciprox

ciprox Registered

is it possible to generate/provide a single download file?
    thx in advance.

17. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Can confirm this with the gravel fields in Portugal.
    But what I see Sderenno is aware of that. Thx .

18. samuelw

samuelw Registered

My apologies if this has been mentioned before; don't recall it in the previous 18 pages. On some tracks the gravel and sand traps stop the F1ASR92 cars like a brick wall as opposed to the BT20 which is only minimally slowed down. (Understand this is not an issue for me as I only drive on the asphalt part of the track with no driving errors putting me into the aforementioned gravel traps.:rolleyes:)
    Now that I've tried to be helpful, the F1ASR92 cars are brilliant! Been driving them nonstop. After a little practice and a few setup tweaks I have become a legendary F1 pilot wrestling my 107A through the streets of Monaco with a multitude of micro second corrections.
    Thanks to ASR Mod team so very much.
    SW

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I agree! Not trying to start any silly AC versus rF2 flames. AC is easiy superior to rF2 is many ways. But as I said, based on what I have felt and experienced with both, I would be shocked if these exact cars felt as wonderfully alive and authentic in AC, because nothing else does.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

And one other little issue. The sounds of the cars are so exciting and it is amazing to have unique sounds for each one! Is the long silent pause between the starter motor and the ignition of the car's engine supposed to be there or could we get rid of it? When I have heard these in real life, it is an instant transition--the starter motor ends exactly where the real motor fires up with no gap. Or perhaps the starter motor keeps going for a second, but you'd never hear it because it's so much quieter than the car's motor.