So...whos trying pcars too?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

First I must ask same question from you, what is with you, blind or are you trying to make me to look bad.
    I have not taken random time to find zero players, my pic is taken 08.15 CET and second is from 20.00 CET witch is prime time to online racing.

Measuring number of people in the MP is not an indication of the success of the product is pretty crude it only tells you how many is online, nothing more.
    If you go to MP what do you find? yes, Race2Play is hosting URD, password ping +150, IsR Meganes with all kind aids, one BT20 mod and rest with 1-2 players, passwords, crappy mods, no thanks, just pathetic.
    Link to server listing is here: https://world.rfactor.net/server-list if you doubt my flawed case.

Last night I was monitoring this good and famous rookies dedicated server:
    and after four hours monitoring there was zero hit so, why don`t they hang around :confused:

If you like to find out how rFactor2 MP rely is and what other people thinks about it, please make a topic about it.

PS. I am born in 1956 there is no need to give me advice what to do , I find it childish , please let it bee.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
  2. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Because you brought up the point initially of racers online. I am not trying to make you look bad - only to see your original argument was somewhat flawed. iRacing - probably the most advanced and successful online racing sim given its technology, also struggles sometimes to get anyone on servers. Such is the nature or the beast of racing sims. Only CoD and BFx and those really weird people who like to pretend they are odd creatures in World of Warcraft seem to attract big numbers. By the way, if anyone sees me playing WoW you have my permission here to lobotomise me.

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

wrong post

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Eve online attracts big numbers too. When I played it average number of people online was around 25,000. I had seen it as high as 45,000 and low as 17,000. Quite a popular game. I'm just not sure a racing sim will ever get big numbers. Like C3PO says, iracing which is the most popular online racing sim, struggles with most series. Hence their decision to go to Steam, which won't work btw, but maybe they've figured that out since it still hasn't happened.

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I think I brought up also this:

Leagues is way to go as Noel says but where are they so few in rFactor2 :confused:

6. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Seems to me people hit problems every way they turn when trying to host races, too many problems. Ari your an expert but many seem to struggle. I think if it was much easier for an average player to setup a server and host a race, and when the race started a percentage of the field did not CTD out anyway then things would be much livelier in MP.

7. D2K

D2K Registered

I use Rfactor 2, AC, Pcars and Iracing and I love them all. Each aren't perfect but I take them all for what they are.

8. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Dropped Pcars and got refund after they went steam only.

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Open notepad, paste this:
    Code:
    cls
    $Matchmaker = @()
    $count = ((Invoke-WebRequest https://api.rfactor.net/servers?resultsPerPage=1 -Headers @{"accept"="application/json"}).content | ConvertFrom-Json).totalResults
    for ($i=1; $i -le [Math]::Ceiling($count / 100); $i++)
    {$Matchmaker += ((Invoke-WebRequest "https://api.rfactor.net/servers?resultsPerPage=100&page=$i" -Headers @{"accept"="application/json"}).content | ConvertFrom-Json).servers}

$Matchmaker | ?{$_.players.count -gt 0} | sort name | select @{Name="Server Name";Expression={$_.name}}, @{Name="Mod";Expression={$_.mod.name}}, @{Name="Track";Expression={$_.mod.location}}, @{Name="Players";Expression={$_.players.count}}, @{Name="Max";Expression={$_.maxplayers}} | ft -AutoSize
    "Active Server Count: $(($Matchmaker | ?{$_.players.count -gt 0}).count)"
    "Total Server Count: $($Matchmaker.count)"
    "Player Count: $($Matchmaker.players.count)"
    pause

Then save the file as MM.ps1. Then right click on the file and select "Run with Powershell". That will return results like this:
    Code:
    Server Name                Mod                           Track                              Players Max
    -----------                ---                           -----                              ------- ---
    !! ORCLde 2 !!             ORCL-GermanGP-2014            HockenheimRing                           1  30
    !DSFM Liga pup             Indicar                       Indianapolis Speedway                    1  30
    ~IsR~Megane League 64 Bit  ~IsR~Megane_Mid-Ohio          Mid-Ohio [Virtua_LM]                     6  30
    ACR FSR Server             ACR testmod                   Formula SimRacing                        2  30
    AVL DTM                    DTM - AVL                     DTM 04 Red Bull Ring 2012                2  30
    FormaFun F1 Liga           FormaFun - F1RFT2013          F1RFT 10. HUNGARORING                    1  22
    GTItalia2 Srv1             Adrenaline_Cup_2014           Poznan Circuit                           1  30
    JUST-RACING.RU IndyCar     AJR_Indycar_4                 Toronto_2007                             1  30
    NEOBR FIA Formula 2        NeoBR-AV Formula 2            F1RFT 10. HUNGARORING                    1  30
    OSRWF12014                 GP9Germany                    Hockenheimring Baden-W�rttemberg       1  30
    Race2Play - FKR EGT        FKR_EGT_RACE2                 Canyelles54Course                        8  30
    ---Racecenter---           Truck                         F1RFT 10. HUNGARORING                    1  15
    RaceRfactor Monoplazas     Formula RR 2014 - Alemania    HockenheimRing                           2  30
    SimRaceAlliance *F1*       USF1Round10                   F1E14 Hockenheimring                     1  30
    SimRacingPro.com MX5       SRP_MX5_Symmons               Symmons Plains Raceway                   2  30
    Speedinlive Server #1      Speedinlive_Civic_Brno        Brno                                     1  30
    SRVN.nl ZAC2014 IndyCar    SRVN_ZAC2014_IndyCar          Las Vegas                                1  36
    TT Sim Racing              GTR24h_2014_V01               Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps             1  30
    VIRTUAL RACERS - INDYCAR   VirtualRacers_IndyCar_MidOhio Mid-Ohio [Virtua_LM]                     1  30
    WWW.COMUNIDADJDT.ES PUBLIC FR_35_2014_JDT                Silverstone                              8  30
    www.comunidadvcr.comCivic  Summer_Cup_GP01               Jarama                                   1  30
    www.rfactorspain.es - F1   GP10_Hockenheim               HockenheimRing                           2  30

Active Server Count: 22
    Total Server Count: 201
    Player Count: 46
    Press Enter to continue...: 

And now it's up to 53. This is about the time of day that I saw the count start to spike in the past.

10. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

[​IMG]

Sums it up.

Also I would consider taking other's observations a bit more seriously. They deserve the same amount of respect and attention as your observations do.

Want to be treated seriously? Treat other people like you would like to be treated by others.

11. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Showing a bunch of servers with one guy on each totally proves that the online is very healthy. Yep.

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I don`t think so Ronnie, I documented with pic`s DurgeDriven with empty words and that is a huge difference.

13. Led566

Led566 Registered

My experience with rF2 is apparently different from yours, and, really, I don't want to substitute your reality with mine.

But, anyway, here are few things for you to consider:
    I'm a member of a "important" italian league (important means we are maybe some 2000 subscribers and let's say at least 150 active simdrivers, people that actually race online once a week).
    After two years of waiting (and runnig with rF1), the administrators have decided to start a first trial championship with rF2 (meganes).
    We race monday nights (21:30 CET) and we are 30 simdrivers.
    Between them we have a former Euro F3000 pilot (having competed with Massa, Biagi, Dumas, Farfus, etc. with some win and pole position) and an actual Ferrari F458 GTE pilot (who raced the last 24h du Mans), together with a bunch of really strong simdrivers (me beeing one of the slowest :cool:).

Things are going reasonably well.

The difference between rF2 and rF1 in many aspects, is HUGE (in favour of rF2, ça va sans dire).

Apparently rF2 will be the next "ecosystem" for our league, in fact, from next Fall, our special events and championships will be progressively moved to rF2.

So, from my point of view, the number of people that you could find online is completely irrelevant: willing or not, I will race rF2 for years to come.

;)

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Awesome post!
    Great with something else than all that endless pessimistic spew we usually get around here.

Sounds like an awesome league. May I ask what its name is?

15. Led566

Led566 Registered

www.gtitalia.org
    In english too...

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

This is good news and I am happy to hear that finally big leagues like gtitalia.org is moving to rFactor2.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thank you! Look really good.

18. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

How do I get that GTi?

19. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Just been enjoying Bathurst in a BMW Z4 GT3 , really nice to drive . The default FFB settings in pCars is quite bad it really doesn't do the physics justice but if you take a bit of time and get the settings right it really comes alive .

20. bwana

bwana Registered

Can some one change the world clock please, RF2 in Australia at peak race time isnt barren but certainly not seeing 100+ drivers online, Im a a patient man and know it will come so in the meantime happy to either race our league nights or join random servers with no huge fields yet. Come on Aussie come on . join the revolution that is rf2