So...whos trying pcars too?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, Jul 14, 2014.

1. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

It's a bit unfair to compare pCars online to rF3 and AC is there has been no influx of new users for probably a year where both rF2 and AC can be purchased.

I hated the iracing interface when I tried a free few months, I could barley find a race even though I could see them listed the interface just kept me going round in circles from one menu to another.
    In the end I think I had about 5 races.

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Only you would do that! And I mean that in the nicest way :)

3. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

I'm yet to try online on any of the sims, I did have a look on rf2 twice but the only server that had people playing wouldn't let me join.

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I agree, the iRacing UI isn't all that intuitive. But once you get the hang of it, it works really well. rF1/2 are really only great in a league environment but so many people are deathly afraid of joining a league. They say they can't work their schedule around a league yet they somehow find the time to post on the ISI forums 24/7. iRacing is basically an undercover league. It's like a psychological game to get people to join a league without people feeling like they have joined a league. Hahaha. In iRacing you can race at any time of the day and still work your way up. So it gives you a combination of what a league brings you but also with the flexibility of a pickup race. But personally I prefer a real league where you race with the same guys every week and people are held accountable for their actions. You also don't have to listen to people on the radio yelling at each other the whole race because in a real league people aren't anonymous. You are actually friends and over years of racing together you even know the names of each others kids. Also in a real league you have a single race a week that you prepare for and look forward to. Not this junk where you do a race and such so you come back 30mins later and go at it again and again.

iRacing also does leagues though. So people can do the pickup stuff and then eventually make the switch to leagues but maintain the same structure. In rF2 every league does things totally different. Some are totally disorganized and some are very structured. But regardless you have to find your way around each league with no consistency.

If we had a system that all leagues could use so there was some consistency and a common calendar where you could view all your leagues and leagues could easily advertise to a larger audience, I think rF2 would pick up a little bit.

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Hahaha.. probably right. I kept hearing people quoting numbers as if they were fact. You hear people say stuff like, "rF2 only has a few active servers at a time". So I wanted to find the proof. And the proof is that it is highly dependent on the time of day. What I gather from the data is that Americans like to hotlap offline and Europeans like to do real racing with other humans. This doesn't really mean rF2 or any of the other sims are dead though. I saw the same thing in rF1. I had to race at odd times if I wanted to race with humans. But joining a league solved that problem. I haven't bothered with pickup races since 2008 and i'm used to 30+ car fields full of very talented drivers who all race clean.

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

So many nice words about rFactor2 and pCars Noel, is there a second rFactor2 lobby because this statement is not right: "Basically there is a part of the day where the total count is between 150 - 250 every single day of the week"

I claim there is never more then 20-80 people in rFacor2 lobby and 10-20 people pCars in lobby.

Here is my proof, it is 20.00 CET ,best time of the day to do few laps online.

pCars
    View attachment 13595

rFactor2
    View attachment 13596

Ghost town it is that's for sure.:mad:

7. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I know you guys mean well and the information is very interesting, but im more after information about the actual sim as a racing tool. Hows the AI the physics the handling HAS it the dreaded shift 2 oversteer?!

8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

It's the same old problem really. Many want to race most of the time but when you see no one online you dont bother and do something else.

Once I proposed to write an app which gives visibility to all those who want to race at any time and brings people together but no one gave a f**k about the idea. ..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

[​IMG]

Nice post Noel, exactly how I view it and how it has worked so far.

Iracing leagues don't work too well I think, we tried it for 3 years in our league but was hardly succesfull. mainly because as you said iracing is already one big league as it is so why create subleagues.

I'm with Dan though, no matter how much peeps say these threads suck because whatever, if you can filter through the bs people post it can be quite informative. always interested in reasonable views by reasonable people on other sims.

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I never said pCARS has anyone online. Actually I don't pay any attention to it personally. My point was that people call a sim dead simply because no one is in the lobby. But right now all sims seem to be low on participation for several reasons. But my statement about there being 150 - 250 in the rF2 MM at peak times daily is a fact not an opinion. The new MM returns different JSON results than the old one, it's actually easier to get a total player count now. So I will have to modify my app and I will fire it back up so you can see the facts.

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I see 100+ every morning right now there is 130 drivers ....... over 50% more then you say.

Why do you try to put it down with blatant lies.

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Are you bind man, look my pic and count it is taken 20.00 CET and that first I made was taken this morning(0 players online), if you don`t believe what you see then you have serious problem mate.

Next time you you claim that I am A lier you are going to bee reported.

13. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

In the really good open rooms that were popular ............. what always happened. ?

It was always so called pros think they are special that would start disrespecting rookies rather then help them for a session.

Like I mean gee why would they ever hang around ? lmao

Report what you like I don't give a toss.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
  15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

This is bit off topic, sorry about it.

When you insult me and don`t give a toss sounds strange to me and maybe you should get some professional help to you attitude.

rFacor2 MP is much more then rookies historic racing, day after day, month after month same track same car.
    If there is 1-15 others who feels it is ok don`t mean that MP is fine.

I have raced rFactor1 from the day beta was released and I am also a member of about 10 big leagues there.
    Like rFactor2 and especially MP is they don`t switch to rFactor2 and I think for a good reason.

I love rFactor2 and in my mind no other sim don`t come even near rFactor2 if you like to simulate racing and I feel it is pity MP is like it is at the moment.

16. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Don't expect it to change, that ship has sailed IMO.

17. willz

willz Registered

i had pcars from the start till this june then i requested a refund, the ai cars just bash about the place, every time they fix something it affects something else some ai cars can get round some tracks but not others, it just all seemed a bit of a joke to me in the end, having said that they may sort it out, but i for one will not be holding my breath

18. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I'm sorry you missed it then :)

19. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Ari, what is it with you?

You take a random time and find zero players online, yet someone else comes on and shows from a logical position with an app that correctly reads the matchmaker data that your fundamental assertion is rather silly. Plus others have shown the MP is more popular than you say.

Regardless, measuring the number of people in the MM as an indication of the success of the product is pretty crude. Many more play offline with great working AI in rF2 and gain much enjoyment from it. Many more use rF2 and don't even frequent these forums.

Feel free to continue the discussion, but in all honestly you don't help your rather (flawed) case. If RF2 frustrates you so much, is another game a more logical choice?

20. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

I WANT THEIr BATHURST!

I bought into WMD portal same week they announced it.

Played like 4 weekly builds and lost interest, installed it again just recently, now in steam, and man. Their car collection and BATHURST makes me happy. But still buggy, atleast the build I tried.

But it aint rf2 with features and all that. So never going to play it really, just going to sit there and look fine. Actually going to uninstall it from steam just to clear some space :)

But I want their Bathurst.