[REL] Elaintarharata - Eltsu 1.0

Discussion in 'Locations' started by sergioloro, Jul 11, 2014.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
  2. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Yes Sergio's GPL tracks were synonymous with Quality!
    Sam

3. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Just tested this track and it's very good! I'm not huge fan of BTB created tracks but on the other hand performance is great and there are so many objects which creates this special athmosphere which I like very very much! Loads of objects near the track surface creates huge sensation of speed and danger even with slow vehicles. Track surface is quite rough at few places and I'm guessing this is because of the BTB? No problem for vehicles with decent ground clearance but could be problem for very low ones. Anyway this track is meant for historic F2 so who am I to criticize? :p But I just can't stop thinking how great this track would be if at least track surface was made with 3ds Max with proper technique. Student version is free for all but of course it would require some learning to be able to work with it. Speaking about track surface has it really been that narrow in real life back then? I mean wow... those drivers must have been nuts! :)

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Don't quote me, from what I know Sergio only did a WIP of this in rFactor, http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Elaintarharata 1963 , not sure he has done anything else.

It may have no bearing on it but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe Sergio sees rF2 as the next GPL .............( please not AC !@!...not pCARS !@! Sergio ..........pls pls pls ! ) lopl

Like others he would have much to learn about rF2 terrain shaders yadda and yeah you right, maybe software and tutorial.

Knowing the detail and quality all his work in GPL and how it progressed over the years, I am optimistically confident of a few more surprises down the road. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
  5. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

...maybe we should set up an account for donations for the creators of rF2 mods and tracks.

I would welcome and support this.

You could do this on a small website (or here in the forum), where the creators are listed with their presented work.

Ideas are required to force the progress of rF2. :cool:

Best regards

6. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

7. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

thanks for that kind of words!!
    i really enjoy rfactor 2, i love the F3 ( i always want a F3 mod for gpl,jeje) and i want to build tracks for this sim :). i have to learn a lot of , but i am sure this are going to be very funny, since first beta to this last build 770 rfactor2 made a HUGE improvement :)

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

My idea has always been for a Modders and Painters Co-Op :)

You want paid up members that follow a Charter of Ethics and Purpose.

For me the possibilities are endless.

Like eventually the Co-Op could buy limited rF2 licences and do releases, regular members would get a say.

All the teams, modders and painters would have their own pages, project rooms, etc.

You could develop a Academy of Modding, realtime courses and diplomas.

This is great news indeed ! :)

I feel the same way Sergio, last car to grab me like GPL Eagle did was the F3 Eve :)

F3 and F2 are the rF2 standouts for me.

The other thing I think you see as I do maybe.
    rFactor2 graphics, ambience and style suit Historic circuits as well as GPL and better then rFactor ever has.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  9. Jani_76

Jani_76 Registered

Thank you for for this track. Very well made!

Someone mentioned that you should made Ahvenisto too and I could not agree more. Ahvenisto has a lot of altitude differences and it is very challenging track to drive. Most drivers enjoy to drive there because you can't do any mistakes because railings are so close.

10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Thanks for the track, it's fun (and blows my mind that insane people in the past actually raced around a track like this!)

I don't know if this is a bug, but I was racing the Howstons around here against AI and I was messing around and got a 10 sec stop and go penalty. I stopped int he box but could not serve the penalty. I did another lap and figured I'd pit for damage this time, but when I got in the box, still nothing. I'd stop right in the box but no service to my car, and I could not serve a penalty.

11. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Something similar with me, where I usually spawn on to the track is apparently past the track light. If I don't wait for an AI to drive by then it is automatic penalty, and then can't serve a penalty.

12. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

there is a bug with AIW file, i am not very familiar with this yet, but i hope to fix soon as possible when i master it the art of make a good working AIW :)

13. argo0

argo0 Registered

Good luck Sergio, its great having you around.

14. Tosch

Tosch Registered

When you create the pit spots, devmode has to create the connections to the pit path. You have to reload the track to make it work. The connections will be created by devmode and you should save the AIW again. Otherwise you end up with pit spots but no connections to the track and you see this weird behaviour. In devmode it looks 100% ok, because the connections will be created each time you start the track, but you have to save these "invisible" changes.

15. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

Thanks for fix the sound bug. great!

16. ippai

ippai Registered

17. batito

batito Registered

absolutely fantastic jog, thank you very much Sergioloro

18. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'll just remind the creator that this is among the top tracks for rF2, really one of my favorites.
    THANK you! :)

19. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Great track. Thanks :)

20. sergioloro

sergioloro Registered

thanks for all that kind of words :)