Graphics Card selection issues - rF2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Rhino_WJB, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Rhino_WJB

Rhino_WJB Registered

I have today downloaded the rF2 demo and was hoping to try it out on my new laptop. However, the config software will not allow me to select the Nvidia card and defaults to the integrated option.

Having searched the forums, I have found at least 5 other threads with exactly this issue, but none of the solutions there-in are working for me.

With other titles where this has been a problem for me, I have simply made the relevant graphics card selection from within the Nvidia Control Panel. For whatever reason, rF2 refuses to acknowledge my Nvidia card, though either the config program else in rF2 itself.

I have browsed all the executables from within the Nvidia Control Panel and gone so far as to uninstall rF2 (along with the UserData folder) and re-installed. Still not seeing the correct board, which is a GTX870M.

Any ideas as to a solution would be appreciated.

Wes.

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Did you select high performance graphics processor instead of integrated graphics in nvidia control panel?

3. Rhino_WJB

Rhino_WJB Registered

Yes, on all the executables that I could see as rFactor.

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Just in case I would put it as the default option apart from the one for the different executables.

5. Rhino_WJB

Rhino_WJB Registered

Tried that too: still doesn't see the Nvidia card.

6. Rhino_WJB

Rhino_WJB Registered

Ok, this is how I resolved it:

Start Menu > Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adapters > right click on the integrated card, then "Disable".

rF now allows me to use the Nvidia card.