[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Just like the real F1 practice sessions?

2. Frenky

Frenky Registered

For people that cannot wait until ISI and I updated the tires, download beta v1.35 here:

It is the multi-component version without the tracks. Changelog, see my last couple of posts :p.

Have fun racing and give some feedback!

EDIT: main post will be updated soon!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2016
  3. JeDa

JeDa Registered

Yes this is possible. I modified the new Suzuka track, now the AI only use DRS in the DRS-zone. You have to open the tracks GBD file and add the line "rearflapzonesessions=31". If you need more help let me know!

RearFlapZoneSessions=31 // allowed sessions, added together (1=test, 2=practice, 4=qualifying, 8=warmup, 16=race)

By setting it to for example 16 you have DRS only during the race.

4. JeDa

JeDa Registered

Hi,
    First impression after a few quicklaps at Suzuka is great! Car feels a bit more stable at the front. Great work as usual!

5. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Guys, v1.35 is online and downloadable from the main post. Compared to the beta I played a bit with the strength of the TC and wind sounds. I also found an irregularity with the ISI comments of the DiffuserRake settings in the HDV. Without going into details, nearly all third-party open wheeler mods I have seen suffer from an "not-so-optimal-rake bug", caused by the confusing ISI comments in that section. For Example, the FSR 2016 also suffers from it. The result is that the optimal rake (difference between rear and front ride height) is in-game actually a lot lower than you hoped. The new v0.22 of ISI spreadsheet confirmed this.

So, in v1.35 I started over with the rake settings again. The car feels much better now, I hope you agree with me. I strongly suggest to start over with your setups!!!

Have fun racing!

PS: trackpack will be updated later
    PS: v1.35 does not contain the "tire features of b1098"; this mod will update its tires as soon as ISI update their tire examples

6. TheGrunt

TheGrunt Registered

Awesome! Definitely more driveable, still challenging. Big thanks!

7. trollray

trollray Registered

Awesome to drive. This is a must to have as a mod.
    Just one question, i tested it and this is a league edition no?
    Can we expect to have different levels for each team? (HE in other words ;) ))

Thanks a lot :D

8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Fantastic Frenky ! Thank you for your constant developing of this genious mod !

9. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Thank you

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

10. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thanks guys. Trollray, this is a HE of the f1 2013 grid. It is meant for offline racing.

11. trollray

trollray Registered

Thanks for the reply franky. So all cars have different performances?
    Just another question. I have problems with tyres compound.
    The ai always use hard tyres even if i use fixed setups. I ve tried everything nothing work ai still use hard tyres. Any idea?
    Ps: I use racerfactor tracks melbourne to test

12. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Trying to install the package, it always stops at 6%

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

13. Frenky

Frenky Registered

@trollray. Yes, differences per team. What you describe is a rFactor 2 bug, not a bug of this mod. Better said, the AI always use the hardest compound available. So for Melbourne in my trackpack, the options are supersoft and medium and the AI always opt for mediums in dry conditions. I've reported that to ISI a while back.
    @Andregee. Strange, never heard that before. It may be a failed download, try to redownload the mod.

14. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Tried three times to download it. Strange

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

15. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Anyone else having problems installing v1.35?

EDIT: right now, there seems to be a problem to download the mod from Mega...
    EDIT2 (10 minutes later): no, now it is working again, really strange...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2016
  16. boxer

boxer Registered

Thanks...
    I too was having issues with it... it would stop at 6% but I download again today and all is fine.
    Great Job..

halfwit likes this.
  17. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I've been running this mod almost exclusively (when I don't run the Eves) and like it a lot. A couple of things I've noticed and one question.

I've noticed: On two separate races at the 2013 Monaco track, all of the AI crashed before the end of a 15-lap race.
    I've noticed: At Korea, the AI brake heavily at the start/finish line every lap.
    Queston: There's a big KERS button on the steering wheel, but I'm not sure how to activate it. Any help?

I'm fairly new to sim racing and the AI beat up on me a lot. Mainly because I'm too slow. I find that doing setup changes probably have little real value when you're a bottomfeeder. If you need to improve 10 seconds a lap against the AI, a wing/spring/thing isn't going to make that up for you.So my latest "season" is to run the default setup at each track and keep track of how much I improve and see if there is an point at which I can go no faster. At that point, it probably would be worth doing setup changes

I guess this is a bonus question about modding cars: How do you decide where to set the default? Is there some magic number, like with the default setups you should be able to run laps in the top 10 of every track? Or is that simplifying it too much? But, really, how did you decide what to make the defaults?

18. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Hello BoothJoe, nice to hear your good comments and that you enjoy driving!
    I'm playing with keyboard and with the Red Bull car (the best car) I can beat the AI for pole position (on Silverstone even with 0.6 seconds, but that is also because the Red Bull is so much faster :p). So it is all on the table!

Now to your questions. The AI on Monaco and Korea are simply not good enough. Also at India and Singapore. I cannot change that, sorry.
    KERS is (till now) not programmable in rFactor 2, so also not in this mod. But I guess, you have found the DRS button, right?

You should really go into setup changes, as this mod is simply only made with ultimate simulation in mind (as real as possible). At least lower your fuel level if you go out for a quick lap, that is another 3 seconds! The default setup is a reasonable setup for some 10-25 laps race, I test ride height settings, downforce values and so on with a programm called Motec.

If you go for full race weekends, so including quali and 100% race distance, here are some other hints:
    - If you qualify in the top 10, you have parc ferme rules. So nearly no changes are then allowed on the car going from quali to race
    - don't fall into these traps (a lot of people have these bad habbits as a results of other 3rd party open wheelers mods)
    a) don't push the brake pressure over 85%. It is better to have brake pressure around 75% and lower the brake duct setting (here you can go quite low)
    b) don't decrease rear ride height. Increase it for 100% race distances, to have better rake angles with fuel load. The Red Bull can on the rear easily go to 75mm.
    c) don't touch the front ride height. It is normally oke to touch the ground with the front / wooden plank, don't worry. On the Belgium circuit, you might increase front packers.
    - furthermore, in formula one you can win races by saving tires. Look at the temperatures and try to keep them around 100 degrees Celsius all time
    - are you simulating track rubbering in? If so, only increase the front wing two clicks between green and full rubbered in tracks
    - if the car is still unstable on the rear, lower the rear anti-rollbar
    - try to lower the radiator setting as much as you can (lower than 3 is difficult). If you get overheating problems, try to stay away from the wake of other cars and/or use a higher boost setting

Of course these are the simple setups. After that you can go mad with tire pressures, assymetrical setups, 3rd springs, dampers, rebounds and so on :p. I'm still very close to drive below 1:30 on medium tires on Silverstone. I know from the real drivers that 1:29,6 is on the table. Let's get that!

19. jakobdylan

jakobdylan Registered

thank for your work frankie ,just a question have you update the link for tracks?

20. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

That's an awful lot of information to absorb. To give a yardstick, my fastest lap at Silverstone is 1:40. I've loaded and looked a Motec. It just doesn't talk to me yet in terms I understand.

I started driving a 2013 championship season, but I found it really frustrating. Car adjustments became akin to the carnival game Whack-a-mole and then even after I had done a bunch of "improvments" and gotten faster, when I went back to the default settings I found I was just as fast on them. That's what leads me to the statement that unless you're good enough to see some advantages from the setups, you ought to concentrate on driving skill first. Do I understand you correctly that the default setups simulate a raceday setup for the Red Bull, so the defaults are really designed to be driven by a really good driver? I guess I always assumed that the default would be somewhere in the middle between a crap driver and a star and was a good starting point. Then again, maybe that's true in other mods, but you're trying to achieve something more than that.

I find the Red Bull car really unstable, especially coming out of corners. I've convinced myself that if I don't straighten it out quick enough, I can actually see all the weight of the car coming down on the inside front tire as it pulls me into a spin. I've also noticed that typically I can keep three of the four tires reasonably balanced, but the front left or right is always way hotter than the others.

So right now I'm running 10-lap practice sessions with the default settings and recording my fastest time. My plan is to go through several series on all the tracks (basically simulating several championship seasons) to find my limit. At least I'll feel like making progress.

The only thing that would be better would be to have a basic newcomer's setup. For example, if someone came to your house and was interested in trying RF2 with your cars, how would you set up the car for him/her? Let's say they had done some sim racing on one of the other racing games, so they are not complete novices. A base starting line would be extremely helpful...especially if the default setting is not designed to be that.