[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

Oh it doesn't matter what car I use. I'm always last. Lol

You actually beat the AI with a keyboard??? My mind just exploded.

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Thank you Frenky. By far the best F1 mod!

3. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thank you guys! Have fun racing!
    And yes, keyboard driver here. I once tried a 360 controller, but couldn't get used to it.

4. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Frenky, not to put you on the spot (actually I am) what are the chances that you might have some time to look at applying CPM?

5. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

6. BlkJello

BlkJello Registered

Great mod and excellent updates. Thanks amillion. I think its the best F1 mod also.:)

7. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thanks man!

Any alien out there, that will give me his fastest lap time at Silverstone with latest v1.26?
    Preferably with medium tires (as in real life).

Thanks in advance!

8. west1785

west1785 Registered

Hi Frenky, I was doing some laps and enjoying this very much, so a big thank you! :) I have a question because I couldn't find the DRS button to map for these cars, which one is it? I did some laps at Barcelona and the AI cars activate DRS and reach about 321 kph and I'm just sitting there at around 305 with default set-up.

9. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

"rear flap"

10. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Correct, you can assign a key for both the DRS as well as the boost (fuel and wear saving) buttons in the settings (key bindings) menu.
    Have fun racing!

11. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Guys, I'm working on an update v1.27, that has better default setups per team, lower rolling resistance of the tires and 1% less tire grip for the AI. I still have to test this version, so if all goes well, it should be online somewhere at the end of next week.
    Let me know if I have to include something more in this update, because I'm really planning it to be the last version :p

12. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Damn, that sounds like a glorious improvement - again - but I don't want to copy all my changes over yet again...

13. Lgel

Lgel Registered

+1. Too many versions in a too short time.

But for anyone who just bought RF2, it is one of the best, if not the best OW mod.

Thanks a lot for your hardwork, they are still fine to drive.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2015
  14. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

I love the updates! Keep them coming! LOL. I'm finally getting into the top 5.

15. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

To be fair, I don't think Frenky's updates were too frequent. It's just that this is the first mod I really started customizing myself (Visor, different sound levels, some other bits and pieces) and here comes a point where the mod file packaging is too bothersome.

Would be easier with loose files.

16. Frenky

Frenky Registered

I can imagine that the frequency of the updates is too high. Maybe I should have simply skipped one update to post online. But on the other hand, I like to have some feedback to put into another update.

Update v1.27 will hopefully come this weekend, but I'm not entirely sure. I have decided to include some changes about the wing settings. With lowest wing settings, there should be lower downforce and slightly lower drag available.

17. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Is Lgel's corrected Lotus Steering Wheel included? Assuming you didn't touch the SFX it shouldn't be so hard to copy over my customizations.

Oh, and if I may suggest - make the final release a single component release. Even ISI is now cleaning out the Multis.

18. Frenky

Frenky Registered

I thought some Lotus corrections were already included in v1.25 or so. Or was that something else? I can see that the last time I changed the Lotus teammas was end of March this year.
    I have never done something with SFX. Is it possible for you to upload the SOUND mas file to Mega? I can include that in the final release, if it is an improvement (I guess so :)).

Unsure about the single component release. I remembered a discussion that is impossible to include the HUD then, as rF2 doesn't know how to handle that in a single component.

19. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Testing v1.27 now. Driving with keyboard and it feels like the car is a little bit more "natural" now, especially with extreme wing settings or in turbulent air. Quite like it. Still finetuning some details :)

20. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

It's amazing how you can get such a good-feeling mod when testing with keyboard. Someone needs to donate you a wheel :)

Yeah, the Lotus updates were a bit ago, Lgel corrected an upside down button on the wheel.

I didn't actually change the sound mas, I did change the SFX file for Lotus and Ferrari to reduce tire squeal and raise engine noise (because for some reason in the early versions I had more tire sound than engine when accelerating out of a turn, which doesn't seem right).

Hadn't considering the HUD - I guess yes, that won't work as a single CMP.

I think easiest is you just release another awesome update, and I'll wrap it up for my own use :) If I know it's the final one, then it's an effort well worth it.

Now of course if we could get high-res skin painters...