how to run more than 29 AI?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coanda, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Sorry, I am sure there is a how to thread on this. Could someone please point me in the right direction as the search function on this site is useless. I did an advanced search on "AI" across al forums and it returned zero results.

Thank you.

2. vittorio

vittorio Registered

3. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Well that was just so easy. Things are not usually that easy :cool:

Cheers vittorio & DJC. I take it im only getting 41 AI at Silverstone due to pit box limitations? What tracks are good for massive fields?

4. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Le Mans?

5. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Indianapolis 2014, I loaded 56 cars on it to test 64bit.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

7. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I just ran 70+ cars. wOw rF2 just went up another notch. What a meat fest.

8. Uzair

Uzair Registered

I too want to run massive fields (especially now that the 64-bit exe is out), but find the 29 AI limit frustrating. I believe ISI should just make the default All Cars And Tracks rFM allow at least 100 cars. The limitation on how many cars can actually run should be determined by the user's system specs, not some arbitrary number chosen by the devs and locked into the game.

As a workaround I would like to use DJC's mas file but for some strange reason I can't open the thread http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/20462-64bit-Memory-test?p=287168&viewfull=1#post287168. I get the message "Your administrator has required a password to access this forum. Please enter this password now." I am already logged into the forums so its a password for something other than the forum login, and providing the forum password doesn't work any way.

Can someone else confirm if that thread is accessible by them? Is some kind of special access required to open it?

9. matf1

matf1 Registered

Password requested for me also.

10. vittorio

vittorio Registered

11. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

The link above is in the unstable thread, so yes you need a password.
    Here is same file -->
    View attachment 13541

Backup original file first in case you want to revert back.

have fun.

12. Coanda

Coanda Registered

G'DAy DJC. I posted this below in the Skins thread. It seems I am having a mirror issue with your mas file.

EDIT ADD: I think I may have solved my problem. Within DJC mas file he has the SafetyCar = SLSSafetyCar01.veh. I didnt have this car installed on the this test instance of rF2. As soon as I installed I have no blown out mirrors. I have loaded up a race 5 times over and is good. Now I am curious as to way this would make the difference?

I am not sure if this is just a coincidence.. I installed Twista's bad ass Dallara DW12 OnePlus NEVER SETTLE fictional livery from #1376 page 69 and did a few runs at Indy 2014 on B770 64bit. I was doing some morning races and noticed the mirrors were massively blow-out and over exposed. I have never had this problem before. I kept going back and forth from the main menu and even restarting rF2 a few times. I even changed the time of day etc.. It didn't occur all the time however it was at least 80% of the time. In the end I decided to delete the altered livery file & folder. Since then I now have blown out mirrors on other ISI cars and tracks for all times of the day. I have rebuilt the shaders however still no luck.

Very strange. Besides a fresh install I don't know what else to do. I raised a bug thread.. Anyone else had any issue like this on this build?

EDIT ADD: I did a fresh install and loaded up a race 10 times over without any blow-out mirrors. As soon as I replaced my allcarstracks_10 mas file with DJC allcarstracks_10 mas file (AI limit removed) my blown out mirrors returned. That would make sense as I installed this altereed mas file about a week ago and ever since I have only been racing the FW14 beta and I now the mirrors in that are screwed so I wasn't really paying attention to them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
  13. Uzair

Uzair Registered

Thank you Vittorio and DGC for the tips, I got the file now, am heading to the massive field test :)

14. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Your welcome.

Thanks for pointing that out Coanda. Yes as Coanda says, go get the 'Mercedes-Benz SLS Pace car as the mod points to that instead of the Clio PC. http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/

I think you got that mirror bug because you inherit the mirrors of whatever car loads first in your game, in most cases it's the pace car. Since you did not have that Pace installed then you get mirrors of whatever car it put in the pace cars spot. I know, sounds crazy but it's true :D.

15. Coanda

Coanda Registered

You said it mate. So many factors, and they wonder why racers complain of colour balance and varying exposures from camera to camera, track to tack, vehicle to vehicle and hour to hour :p