Indy Cars AI: How to get them to use "road setup"

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by buddhatree, Jul 7, 2014.

1. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't find anything doing a search...

Is there a way to get the AI Indy Cars to use the Road Setup? They seem to use oval setups even on road courses.

Thanks.

2. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

On ISI tracks it's ok, AIs can use Road configuration but on non ISI tracks, only Oval setups...it's a bug not yet fixed in 770 build.

There is a thread in ISI forum where it's explained how to work around that but I don't remember the thread...sorry.

3. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

It would really be great if there was just some box you can check in the tuning UI screen to have the AI use whatever configuration you are using.

I appreciate the people who posted instructions and the track makers who include this in their tracks, but this could be so much simpler. The option should be in the UI, not in the track files.

*hint hint* ISI :)

6. VMaxMuffin

VMaxMuffin Registered

+1 I really want this. Not just for Indycar, but others - some mods for example have performance enhancements (e.g. the Spec Miata mod has 5- and 6-speed gearbox options on the SCL2 car and maybe SCL1 car as well - that's just one off the top of my head). I'd really like to be able to customise things so that I can 'fix' some upgrades for the AI and 'randomise' others (e.g. Spec Miata mod again - randomise some of AI having 'open tops' and others 'closed tops').

7. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Take a look at the latest build.(unstable) :) I've noticed you can select an AI from the grid list and when you go to garage you have the option to assign a setup to him. May not help with the tuning options. Not sure if this was in earlier builds but progress is being made.

8. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Excellent! How "unstable" is the latest build?

*EDIT* Just re-read. So it's only the setups? That's good start, but we need to assign tuning configs to AI too.

9. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Not really had any incentive to test.... 64bit TrackIR still doesn't work :( .

You quoted me while I was editing :)