Server memory usage - Build 770 64bit

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ari Antero, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

There is no way to turn it off but blocking the ports would rule out your theory.

2. stevo.zilik

stevo.zilik Registered

Hi Guys,

just to let you know I'm watching this thread from LiverRacers support perspective.

Please let me know if you do testing with and without LiveRacers plugin proving that it is indeed the plugin causing be the memory leak.

I've done some testing on our side indicating no problem, and would be really surprised if the changes done for 1.4 (really only reading json files instead of old ini files, recompile in x64) are causing memory leaks. However in software anything is possible.

Regards,
    Stevo

3. Matthias

Matthias Registered

I have memory leaks with 32bit and 64bit dedicated server build 770.
    With or without liveracers doesn't matter.

Content is DW12 with MidOhio.

64bit increased memory within one day to 4GB without traffic.

4. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Just checked our build 770 server (32bit) running on a Windows Server 2008 (64bit), Intel Xeon E5504 with 8GB RAM. We have no 3rd party plugins installed (didn't bother removing any of the ISI standart plugins either). Note this is a completely fresh 770 install instead of an updated older build. Server is configured to save replays, however 'save replays to memory' is disabled. It currently runs Miata and Poznan only and is online since thursday morning last week. There were less than 10 people online through the week, 10 AI* enabled for a few hours however.
    Server is currently at 2.6GB RAM! :eek:

*anybody else noticed AI driver don't get removed even when all human players left the server? I manually booted them from the dedicated server window in the end.

5. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

A quick confirmation if this is regarded as a bug and looked into would be highly appreciated as it may force us to go back to build 660 as we have to restart the server every ~5 hours at the moment. Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
  6. cubbi

cubbi Registered

I have the same issue with a 32bit server (no liveracers plugin):

T+0h: 250 MB
    T+7h: 500 MB
    T+19h: 600 MB

Something interesting:
    For the server I took these values from, there was no activity between 500MB and 600MB (so no one joined, no AI etc.).
    This might support the network/port scanning theory

7. gamer-hosting

gamer-hosting Registered

Hello,

We can confirm 32bit servers do the same with ram usage. I am writing here because I was looking to a related post in this forum to see if it is a common problem. We only use 32bit servers in this build.
    For example, a fresh new install with ISI contents, no plugins, record to memory disabled -but record all sessions enabled-, after 48 hours grows to 3x times the ram of the same configuration(*) in 660build.

@Stevo, tested without liveracers.

(*)EDIT: The same configuration means the same tracks, cars, no plugins, save replays -not to memmory-, and more than 1 week running in build660. Now in 48 build 770 hours grows to 3x times ram.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
  8. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

Same thing happening here on 32 bit dedicated, can go 2 days without doing it, then bam, 2.6gb of ram usage. Using 32 bit xp, no plugins at all.

9. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Same thing here!!!

32bit servers and 64bit servers: keeps on growing RAM memory. I tried all kinds off stuf. but it keeps on growing until the server runs out and crashes.

Restarting the servers every 12h is the only solution at the moment. :(

10. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

Confirmed issue. It will be fixed in the next update.

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Thanks for confirming.