And what a great race it was this morning in England!

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by FFOman, Jul 6, 2014.

1. FFOman

FFOman Registered

I don't care what anyone says, Formula racing has always been and will always remain the most exciting series out there! Of course I and everyone else expected Hamilton to win the first time he took 1st place today, but Bottas ( hope I spelled that right! ), did a great job, and my personal favorite, Ricciardo, kept 3rd place AGAIN! I never liked Vettal and I think he should be penalized for putting Alonzo's life in danger when he finally passed him about 3 laps from the end! But even if they don't put Vettal in his place where he belongs, and even with the Red out for an hour, ( I wish PennDOT could repair guardrails that fast! ), it was still one of the best races of the year so far!

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Congrats to Williams, even though I'm not a fan that's what two podiums in a row?

3. FFOman

FFOman Registered

You mean Hamilton?

4. Jamie Shorting

hehe, no, Team Williams F1. :)

5. Marc Coyles

Marc Coyles Registered

So wish JB'd got Ricc on that last lap tho....

6. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

lol

7. redapg

redapg Registered

The worst thing was the complaining of Vettel and Alonso about each other because of "unfair racing".

How old are they? 4 Years i would say.

8. MaxRotax25.2

MaxRotax25.2 Registered

You have to remember that they're both fighting over positions they're not used to ( Vettel ) or ... bored of fighting over ( Fernando - 5th seems to be his usual number ). I could understand Fernando's frustration when he's got a slightly better car behind, going over the track limits sometimes, and then overtaking you, similar thing happened to me in Karting, really irritating but not much you can do about it, - especially if they're faster than you with better tyres. When you've got a worse car, and worse tyres ... then yeah, I understand.

Not too sure about Vettel, Fernando wasn't just gonna let him past ... lol. Lauda's opinion is harsher .. it's just racing. I'd agree the whinning on the radio was a bit unnecesary, I didn't like that much from either of them.

It seems much like the things some do when karting, getting all hot and bothered inside the helmet, swearing and stuff. Heat of the moment stuff, I think in retrospect both'd be like '' Why did I say that, bit of an overreaction ''.

I still can't believe Williams tho, I mean you only have to go back to 2013 and look at how many points they scored;

The turn around they have made, from being in no-where-land, to being on 2 succesive podiums, really is so incredible. It also puts in perspective how they ridiculed Ferrari, if you compare teams and watnot. They were basically last in 2013 ... and now they're beating Ferraris, Mclarens, RedBulls .. amazing!

Hope it continues, and they start winning.

9. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

I think saying Vettel put Alonso's life in danger is a bit over the top! The person who I think should get a penalty is Raikkonen because he ran over a rain gully (which he should've known was there from track walks) at full pelt and endangered not only himself but other drivers as well. A tyre almost hit Chilton in the head, and the consequences of that would be devastating. Grosjean got a race ban in Belgium 2012 for causing an incident that could've caused injury to other drivers, Raikkonen did exactly that so why doesn't he get a race ban?

Anyway I was there on Sunday, sitting at Luffield, and what a race it was, despite the fact we had to wait an extra hour during the red flag period. There was not one moment where there wasn't an exciting battle, and the Alonso/Vettel battle put on a great show for us fans, especially when they were inches apart right in front of us! Even though you must say we were robbed of a lead battle by Rosberg's gearbox failure. But my favourite driver won! Also I don't see why many people are critisising the sound of this year's f1 cars, I went to see the race last year, and this year I got much more of a thrill from the sounds where I didn't need any ear protection (I was on the second row of one of the loudest grandstands on the track as well) than I did with the v8s where I did need ear protection otherwise they'd be so loud it hurts. However there were times where the fans around us were cheering so loudly whilst the cars were going past I could barely hear the cars!

10. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I recorded the race to watch later and then accidently got trolled on 4chin that it was the most boring race ever and Rosberg won.
    Glad I watched it anyways lol :) (and skipping the 1 hour delay was nice as well)

I loved Vettels move! not a fan of the man but i'm not a fan of anyone tbh, just a fan of good racing from whomever, but that pass took balls and it was exactly what I hope to see in F1.

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Kimi don`t playboy with sunglasses and earrings like few others hes a humble natural talent, compare accident Kimi vs Grosjean is silly.

Maybe you look this video bit closer I am sure you can se that Sauber inside of Kimi:

2012 Roman Grosjean, Hamilton inside:

:cool::cool::cool:

12. Jamie Shorting