Real Head Motion for rf2 rebooted 1.0.3

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by magicfr, Jul 5, 2014.

1. magicfr

magicfr Registered

It's not that I don't want. I must be able to investigate. I don't have sim commander and I don't have any sim Xperience product, can I download and install/unsintall sim commander for free?
    Because my code is exactly the same in 32b or 64b, It's just a new compilation target in Visual Studio.

2. Z06Trackman

Z06Trackman Registered

Magicfr,
    Ok. Now that you state that your code is exactly the same in 64, this means the trouble must lie within simcommander. The software isn't free. I will raise the issue with them. Thanks again.

3. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Could this issue be reproduced by just putting the 64bit simcommander plugin into the x64-plugin folder? If yes, then someone could give Magicfr the plugin to possibly check for a solution.

4. Z06Trackman

Z06Trackman Registered

I was out of town for a week and now real head is working with simcommander in 64 bit. Perhaps I got an update. Anyway, I am very happy.

5. magicfr

magicfr Registered

6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Registered

Hey Seb, been using it in AC for a while now, and as I'm relatively new to rF2 I just learned about it. Gonna try it out now, though I it appears there's no GUI to calibrate? ;)

7. drewdc90

drewdc90 Registered

Hey I was wondering if you can have similar head movement to the original rfactor 2 head motion but just increase the amount of shake etc. I guess I'm chasing head motion similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdJ5nHSwZrc
    but with not looking to corner.

8. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

That would be the polar opposite of what this plugin seeks to achieve. The whole idea is to get rid of the B-movie camera shake and simulate the driver's eye view taking into account his vestibulo-ocular reflex and his ability to reflexively manage his head and body movement despite the extreme g-forces being exerted on him during racing. A simple video camera screwed to a helmet can never truly simulate the driver's eye view.

9. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Deadpedal, wow... it feel so good to read somebody actually really understanding :D

Anyway, I just show there's a new version of rF2, and I think I read something about new plugin system, as I don't drive rf2 anymore, please tell me if the plug is still working.

If not I'll try to update this WE.

Thanks.
    Cheers

10. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks again for this great plug in and your continued support Magic. Truly appreciated.

11. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

The plugin is working just fine, Seb. Thanks for keeping an eye on this invaluable plugin even though you're not into rF2 anymore. I am in total agreement with your philosophy, and have had the RealHeadMotion plugin installed since April of 2012 when I discovered it. It adds a level of realism that is sorely missing from the sim which is otherwise somewhere between odd and intolerable with the silly camera shake and bounce. I want the experience of being the driver as much as possible. On that account, your plugin is brilliant and inspired. If I could have only one plugin for rF2, this would be it.

Can't say thanks enough.

12. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

I can not even imagine to drive rF2 without it and I have big problem with "shaking world" in GameStockCar. I´ve tried everything to eliminate crazy picture shaking there, I installed rF1 plugin and even try to do something with this one, but nothing helped. So, is there any chance to create something similar for GSCX to?

13. magicfr

magicfr Registered

I recently bought GSCX, but I didn't had time to try it yet as I'm preparing to move to live/work at Singapore.
    So don't expect new things from me until mid September.
    I will just update the current plug if it stop working for some reasons.that's all.
    Cheers,
    Seb

14. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

Thanks for your response, appreciated, and looking forward to new things from you. I wish you good luck in Singapore.

15. drewdc90

drewdc90 Registered

I see, seems in a way less immersive and less realistic. I mean why can't you just 'move your eyes' as you said on your own. By the look of the head cam and look of rfactor 2 cockpit, there's no energy mixed in with the simulation and if you know anything about hi speed racing, adrenaline and the hi energy is part of what makes your focus and the whole chase that happens to get you in the groove. Having not helping that happen with simulated motion, your missing 20% or more of the simulation.

I just asked if you can use the plugin to create my tastes not talk about realism.
    Thanks.

16. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Download links on your website don't work. :(

17. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Just tried, it works, you have to click the "down" arrow at the far right ( google stuf )

18. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I had previously tried version 1.0 and it didn't work for me because it conflicted with the TrackIR plugin. I tried this new version recently, and it works perfectly! Whatever was causing the conflict with TrackIR has been fixed by either you or ISI.

Thanks for this plugin. I love it!

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Seb thx for the info wish you a succesfull move to singapur. Sounds very exciting.
    Wish you the best cheers.

20. CoNa

CoNa Registered

I just cannot drive without this plugin. The problem I'm having is that when I do endurance racing with driver swaps, it fails on me.
    Is there a way to get it working with driver swaps. I know it did one one or two builds, but since it has been broken.