Real Head Motion for rf2 rebooted 1.0.3

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by magicfr, Jul 5, 2014.

1. tking

tking Registered

I've tried everything here; but, just can't get it to load with 64bit exe. Works ok with 32bit exe.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
  2. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I went to download VS 2013 from the link provided however there is no download button. I've looked everywhere on the page. I use Firefox and don't have IE installed. Please tell me Microsoft aren't forcing me to use there browser..?

3. magicfr

magicfr Registered

I don't know , I'm using Chrome.
    Don't bother downloading the vc_redist, I'm going to try to make a plug with the CRT link as static, the DLL will be bigger but you should not need the redist stuff.

4. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Oki, I updloaded 1.0.2 with Run Time library linked as static, you should not need the vc_redist anymore.

5. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Sweet :)

6. tking

tking Registered

Thanks for 1.0.2. It now loads for me on the 64bit exe.

7. Coanda

Coanda Registered

G'Day Seb.

Thank you for the latest version. It loads fine for me in 64bit I think. With the latest build 789 I had to move my other 64bit plugins to the Bin64/Plugins folder for them to work. This plugin does not work if I put it there and only works for me when I have it installed in the normal plugin folder. I just thought Id let others know in case.

Now that I have had some time to play with it I have noticed its a fair bit different to your previous plugin. In the future will there be options such as Forward Head & Vertical Head motion? I thought these were very useful particularly under breaking. I also noticed this new plugin compared to the last one is far less extreme. Maybe I am doing something wrong becuase I have hardly notice a difference with it on. With the last one I could set the roll value to 4 (high) and the view would roll a fair bit however with this I set the value to 1 (I believe the highest) and Min to zero and there hardly seems to be any roll (RFT F1 test). Can I ask what does Offset do? Can I ask what does the Glance value do? How does this glance value differ from the one set in my player JSON file?

Cheers Seb.

8. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Hi,
    I'll check new WE avout the bin64 folder.

About what glance is and what min is, it's all explain in post#1, I don't know how to explain better. One thing for sure, always put the SAME value in glance than in the JSON file.

If I remember correctly, in previous plugins I was using a Linear Regression by default, here it's a Inertia algorithm by default. If you put val to 1, it's at maximum filtering, I mean, if you set Type = Inerta and Val = 1, it's like setting Type = LockToWorldHorizon, the head will always stay straight forward.

9. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Oh that makes sense Seb. So If I have understood this correctly a lower filter value would give me more roll angle which is the opposite to the old plugin. I did read your first post however I was still left a little confused. Its not you, its me.. I still don't understand what the Offset does. Can you please further explain this for me as the explanation given ("a fixed offset") is a touch vague pea heads like myself. I take it the "Glance" value of the Pitch is equal to the "Look Up/Down Angle" is the JSON and the "Glance" angle of the Roll is equal to "Look Roll Angle" in the JSON.

I just tested this out on the DW12 with the following, Type = "LinearRegreasion", Min="0" & Val="0.01". There was very little noticeable difference between a value of 0.01 & 0.9. Accurate or not the old plugin gave me allot more roll which I liked. The only way I know that this plugin is active is I accidentally set a value higher than 1 and my cockpit view spiralled round & round like a hurricane. This only happends if the Type is set to "Inertia". It does not happen when it is set to "LinearRegression". How can I now for sure my plugin & setup is working as intended?

EDIT ADD: This plugin is also having a negative effect on the DeltaBest plugin. It is enlarging the font and moving the delta timing around the screen (please see attached). Every lap it resets itself back to the middle then quickly moves to one side. It also should be at the top of the screen.. The previous plugin did not have this issue.

View attachment 13655

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
  10. magicfr

magicfr Registered

the "Val" when type is Linear Regression is the "number=val*100" of values used to computed the Linear Regression, so yes val can be higher than 1.0.
    With inertia, value must always been between 0 and 1

First explain me what you mean my more roll , say that don't make sens, except if you tell me the angle between what and what ;)
    So you mean roll angle between Head and track , or angle between Head and Cockpit !

The idea of the plugs always been to filter car vibration so the higher the value, the more the head will stay STEADY compare to the TRACK.
    So the higher the value, the more close you will be to the Type = LockToWorldHorizon.

Please, try the LockToWorldHorizon, the LockToCockpit ... then val=0 with Inertia = LockToCockpit , and Val=1 with Inertia = LockToWorldHorizon , that's the best way to understand.

Now for the Min value, it's simple as that , taking roll as example, if Roll of car < Min, they Type = LockToWorldHorizon ;)

Offset is just an offset, so if you put Pitch Offset = -10 for example, the view will be Pitched of -10° ( so head looking down of -10° )

About the delta plugin , I don't know, I'm just moving turning the head with the camera using Pitch and Roll value. nothing more.

Hope it help you understand :)
    Cheers,
    Seb

11. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Cheers Seb for taking the time for the in depth explanation that all makes sense. Firstly regarding the Delta plugin, I'll chase up Cosimo to see if he knows about this issue.

Please let me clarify the my roll angle statement. Whilst using your previous plugin, if I increased the PLR option "Look Roll Angle" from 0.75 to around about 1.5 I had a nice sense of the head rolling on corner entry (please see attached picture below).

[​IMG]

Attached below is a very extreme version of what this looked like in rF2 with the "Look Roll Angle" set to 50 deg whilst using your old plugin. Even if I remove your plugin and still keep this PLR value set at 50 deg the head does not roll like this example. I find this strange and I don't understand why.

View attachment 13657

With your latest plugin I have not been able to replicate the roll I like visually as I could using your previous plugin. Maybe as you say it was not intended for this purpose. One extra thing I did like about your last plugin was the ForwardPositivFactor & ForwardNegativFactor options. Under breaking and acceleration the steering wheel/dash would move closer or further away depending on the direction of the force which gave me a real sense breaking & acceleration. I understand this wouldn't happen in the real world as your strapped in however I preferred having some horizontal movement rather than the fixed view we have now.

12. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Wow ! indeed my plug is not meant to be use like that ! What you are seeking is a "Look Ahead Yaw/Roll " effect.
    I may included that in future.
    Also I will include my own G force effect in futur, even I think It works if you use the one in rFactor2 ;)

13. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Yeah right. Funny you should mention that. I just noticed this "leanahead" option in the JSON. It was set to zero. 0.0175-0.035 kind of gives me what I am looking for however I don't believe it will take into consideration the g-force & speed etc..

"Leanahead Angle":0.025,
    "Leanahead Angle#":"Angle to lean head (roll) w\/ steering in radians (= degrees \/ 57)",

Now I question what is the "Look Roll Angle" for. The comments by ISI are the same?

"Look Roll Angle":1.75,
    "Look Roll Angle#":"Angle to lean head (roll) w\/ controller in radians (= degrees \/ 57)",

:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
  14. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Look Roll Angle, and is rool when using the key Look Rool that you can bind in the control option, and that's with this input , using the plugin system, that RMH roll the head.
    LeanAHead angle is the lean base with the steering wheel position , I guess.

15. Michael203

Michael203 Registered

magicfr. Please help. I cannot get this to working at all in 64bit mode. I have unzipped the files, edited the json file, and configured the xml. Look ahead and head movement are both set to 0 in game. When playing the game, the movement shows no effect at all.

16. Michael203

Michael203 Registered

please respond back as soon as you can, as i wanted to play this today.

17. magicfr

magicfr Registered

omg, you just manage to make me want to not answer you.

​ANSWER IN POST #27 READ THE F*** THREAD BEFORE WHINNING!

18. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Michael203 that is absolutely poor behaviour. Some of the worst I have seen around here in 2 years. You will soon have no friends on this forum if you keep that sort of attitude up. You can do better!

Seb still answered your obnoxious statement. He is a classy guy.

19. Michael203

Michael203 Registered

Hey man. I did read the entire thread. It was in the bin64 folder from the beginning. Still doesent work.

20. magicfr

magicfr Registered

so you can write with big font but you are unable to read....
    I'm really to nice with you ! I hate the way yo ask things, that will be my last answer to help you.