Real Head Motion for rf2 rebooted 1.0.3

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by magicfr, Jul 5, 2014.

1. magicfr

magicfr Registered

What this Apps is doing

Biological facts
    The feel of​ equilibrium, acceleration, gravity, and so bumps are not feel by the eye but with the inner ear. Which is made of liquid and crystals in circular tunnels.

When the inner hear feels bumps and head motion, it instinctly moves your eyes to soften/filter/remove those bumps.

2 experiences to demonstrate that.
    1) when put somebody on a chair, in complete dark, you film his eyes with an infrared caemras, you turn the chair, is eyes will roll too, even if he see nothing

2) this one you can do it yourself, looks at in front of you, at your screen, now shake your head, the vision will not move.

When there is conflicting information from inner hear and eye, you feel strange, it's difficult to focus on the road, and you can have nausea.

What happens in a car
    When you are driving, you are looking the road, and all the bumps are filter/corrected by your inner ear, so the viewing of the track is smooth and it's the car cockpit that moving around you.

What happens in a Sim
    Because you are sitting on a standing chair/seat, your head is not moving at all, so the inner ear is not working, the eye don't correct the bumps.
    That's make 2 issues :
    1) you can't focus on the road, the road is shaking and not smooth, it's difficult to drive
    2) you can get nausea because you have conflicting information from eyes and inner ear.

How it should be in a Sim
    The camera should stayed focus on the track and not locked to car cockpit,that's what my App is doing by filtering bumps and slopes.

Download
    RealHeadMotionRFactor2_1.0.zip to download on my website. File is on bottom, it's a google site, so don't click the file but the down arrow on the right.

Instaltion
    64bit
    Just unzip archive file, then copy RealHeadMotionRFactor2_x64.dll and RealHeadMotionRFactor2.XML to rFactor2\bin64\plugins

32bit
    Just unzip archive file, then copy RealHeadMotionRFactor2.dll and RealHeadMotionRFactor2.XML to rFactor2\bin32\plugins

Edition JSON file
    in rFactor 2 player.JSON

Code:
    "Car Vibration Mult1":0,
        "Car Vibration Mult1#":"Primary engine vibration multiplier affects position of cameras attached directly to the car",
        "Car Vibration Mult2":0,
        "Car Vibration Mult2#":"Secondary engine vibration multiplier affects orientation of cameras attached directly to the car",
        "Center Mirror Horiz":0,
        "Center Mirror Horiz#":"use Ctrl+Alt+Seat* controls to save by vehicle",
        "Center Mirror Size":1,
        "Center Mirror Vert":0,
        "Cockpit Vibration Freq1":31,
        "Cockpit Vibration Freq1#":"Primary rate of vibration affects eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)",
        "Cockpit Vibration Freq2":37,
        "Cockpit Vibration Freq2#":"Secondary rate of vibration affects eyepoint orientation",
        "Cockpit Vibration Mult1":0,
        "Cockpit Vibration Mult1#":"Primary aerodynamic vibration multiplier affects eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)",
        "Cockpit Vibration Mult2":0,
        "Cockpit Vibration Mult2#":"Secondary aerodynamic vibration multiplier affects eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)",

Put all vibration MultX to 0

Configuration
    Just edit RealHeadMotionRFactor2.xml

Code:
    <RealHeadMotion><!-- Type =  Inertia / LinearRegression / LockToWorldHorizon / LockToCockpit -->
        <Filter Name="PitchFilter"    Type="Inertia"    Min="0"        Val="0.99"    Glance="0.4"    Offset="-2"    />
        <Filter Name="RollFilter"     Type="Inertia"    Min="10"    Val="0.90"    Glance="0.75"    Offset="0"      />
    </RealHeadMotion>

For both head/eye angle Pitch and Roll, that will be filtered, you can choose between 4 types

LockToCockpit : no filtering, the head will follow cockpit
    LockToWorldHorizon : the Head angle is lock to world horizon, so if , for example, you set this type for RollFilter, the head will never roll in world coordinate, the head will stay straight
    Inertia : Inertia filtering ( default ), Choose a filter Val between 0.0 and 1.0, It's my preferate choice. If you set to 0 it will be like LockToCockpit ( no filtering ) ,if you set to max 1.0 it will be like LockToWorldHorizon ( maximum filtering )
    LinearRegression : another filtering, give different result. Val filter can be above 1.0

Min : if car angle is inferior than Min value, then the filter act like a LockToWorldHorizon.
    Val : the filter value
    Glance: the max angle glance value put same value than player.JSON ( those are default value ).
    Offset : a fixed offset

the XML is read everytime you enter the track, so you can edit while in PIT.

Version
    1.0.3: - DLL now load settings from same location than DLL file.
    1.0.2 : - runtime library linked as static, should not need vc_redist anymore
    1.0.1 : - added fixed offset param
    1.0 : -rebooted version, recoded from scratch because main PC is on support, I don't have access to my main source code
    - add support for 64bit version

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
    yashiman, Adylski and Gupster like this.
  2. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Updated 1.0.1 : - added fixed offset param

What's next, I'm going to implement back my own, G forces code.

If you have request , don't hesitate, I'll study if it's fit my plug and if I can do it.

Cheers,

ps : latest build looks way better on my ATI, card, I must try performances in triple screen though, only tested on small windows 720p to code my plug ;)

3. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Many thank Seb, I'll try it later.

4. magicfr

magicfr Registered

You'r welcome.
    ps : tried with triple screen, get half FPS I get in AssettoCorsa with same configuration... At least now it's look as good as nvidia on ATI.

5. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Thanks! Will test this new plugin...

6. emha76

emha76 Registered

Missing msvcr120.dll. Any ideas what to do?

7. MJP

MJP Registered

You need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 runtimes.

8. magicfr

magicfr Registered

yeah, plugin is compiled with Microsoft visual 2013.

9. Minibull

Minibull Member

Ahh yes, I used this for quite a while, made a big difference when driving IMO. My only issue was when you go up or over a hill, the camera would get pushed down into the drivers chest or up to the roof, haha

10. emha76

emha76 Registered

Ok, i've downloaded and installed vcredist_x64.exe but dll is still missing. :/

11. magicfr

magicfr Registered

That's strange , did you reboot? anyone else with same problem?
    Do you use 32bit or 64bit version of rFactor 2 ?
    Did you see that there's 2 package if you have windows 32bit or 64bit ?
    vcredist_x86.exe
    vcredist_x64.exe

If you have a car/track combination with the new plug where it's still doing it, I'll be happy to check this, any filtering implies a bit of delay , but it should only happens when slope change, if the head is watching down the whole way you climb the slope, it's a bug, I must fix.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014
  12. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

Hi magic, first of all thanks for the effort, and yes, same problem here, last night tried to install vcredist_x64 and x86 without result, in this moment I am reinstalling, I have W7 x64, when finished I'll be back to comment on whether it worked or not.

13. emha76

emha76 Registered

I have Win7 64 bit, but I run rF2 32 bit. Do I have to install vcredist_x86.exe?

14. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Yes.
    I know... microsoft stuff :(

15. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

Well ... in my case the solution was this:
    vcredist_x86.exe to install the magic he shared and Reboot.
    Download the file, msvcr120.dll, leave the link to just uploaded the file: https://www.mediafire.com/?v8ry38573xc8bcs
    I copy and paste in system folders: Win 7, x32 and x64 just in case:

C:\Windows\SysWOW64 <--- x64

C:\Windows\System32 <--- x32

And ready, in my case was solved, I hope that works for someone else, thank you very much for the excellent plugin magic. ;)

16. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Your welcome, sorry about this microsoft mess... when I'll have time , I should try GCC, for simple plug like this it would be better as it doesn't need VC redist.

I just drove 3 laps at the Ring 1.5 from PLeclerc with the Houston G4 , one of the most, up/down hill track I know, and I didn't have the head "in the chest" at any time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014
  17. emha76

emha76 Registered

Thanks guys. Now it works!

18. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Thank you, it works fine!!!
    Good job!

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thanks Seb I was truly afraid to loose this plugin which I use since my first rF2 days.
    Now I'm relaxed again :)

20. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

The world is right again. Thank you, Seb!