One thing holding me back....offline championship mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by saxoross, Jul 5, 2014.

1. saxoross

saxoross Registered

So yeah I've played the demo to death but I don't see the point of just racing without some sort of championship mode. I do my online racing through iRacing and wanted to play this offline.

I've looked high and low for a 3rd party app to do this but cant find anything decent.

So do you guys just to do one off races with ai and online races too?

2. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

i only race online. It is more fun to me to do so because as good as the ai in rf2 is, there is no substitute (at least atm still) for human vs human racing imo.

But tbh that is only a portion of why i use rf2. It is principally because it is the most realistic sim in both physics and force feedback of any sim i have ever tried by miles. I cannot even compare it to the others. The level of perceived realism is what keeps be using rf2 and it's like a drug addictions but i prefer the word passion. I'll let you decide which. ;)

3. saxoross

saxoross Registered

Are you in a league? Are there many people playing online?

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Yes, but that's not for the majority of the time i race online. I usually go to ISR servers because they are the fullest and has quality admins in there almost always and for that reason you find at a minimum at least generally competent drivers who know how to drive well and safely which significantly reduces the rate of incidents/collisions online.

Admittedly, the online of rf2 is not very active compared to other sims which is a shame and there are well grounded reasons for why that is so. I hope it changes soon and it seems to be on a slight increase with each new mod release.

I've not driven for a few months though as i'm out of the country. I do miss me some rf2. :

update: had to rewrite the top paragraph as i made massive mistakes.

okido, have to go to bed now. wont reply back till tomorrow, sorry.

oh, one last thing, check out the link below in the signature. ;)

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Unfortunately, what I do is play rF1 for offline championships. rF2 = online only for me because one off races are meaningless.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

What about ability to disable default skins easily.

Not much chop running a championship in F3 with only 3 car colours ie: Plain white red and yellow ...ugh

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

8. saxoross

saxoross Registered

There's not much documentation for it but is this just a simple data collection program that you manually enter yourself?

It's not really what I was hoping for. I might just stick to Game Stock Car as that has offline championships that are highly customisable.

Seems mad rFactor2 doesn't.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It's very simple to use.

10. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Not for me. Care to do a video on how to setup?

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

No not got time, have a play around with it and you'll soon pick it up...then you'll be amazed how easy it is to use! Simply add race log result files, add your own points, job done. Takes about 2minutes to set up a championship.

12. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Ah ok I'll make a third attempt

13. saxoross

saxoross Registered

But then there's the problem of each ai driver having the same skill through each race. Not really sure how that works in rf2?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2014