Steering wheel rotation problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Juppo126, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Juppo126

Juppo126 Registered

Briefly, the steering wheel rotation setting does not work.

I have G27 and i have checked the box "let the game change settings" or whatever it says in English in the profiler. whatever car i drive my wheel rotates 900 degrees and the in-game rotation setting doesn't do anything.

I prefer to have my in game wheel on with no hands. because i am used to it i'd rather not turn it off and its kind of disturbing to have it rotating differently than the wheel in my hands.

So does anyone else have this problem and is there a solution?

2. BillyBl4ze

BillyBl4ze Registered

Same problem here; both checked the profiler (with 900 degrees) and "vehicle set" in game.

3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Yep. Not with all vehicles though

4. Miro

Miro Registered

It probably would help if you could post a screenshot of your logitech profiler settings and the ingame controller settings page.

Edit: here are mine, works fine here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014
  5. Juppo126

Juppo126 Registered

No need to. I have the same settings as you with the exception that i have 100% overall FFB force in profiler. I have played around with the settings in game and really the problem is that rotation setting doesn't have an effect on anything except the in game wheel.

I'm starting to think that i have misunderstood what the in game setting is supposed to do because it sure does not change the max rotation of the physical wheel, just the virtual wheel.

6. BillyBl4ze

BillyBl4ze Registered

The logitech profiler and the in game settings are ok. Here is the situation: if I set the profiler to 900 degrees and the in game rotation to 100 (for example), my result is that to do 50 degrees in game (turn left or right) I have to rotate my physical wheel of 450 degrees. So, I'm forced to reduce the profiler's degrees to 300 - 400, otherwise I can't play.

7. Bungle

Bungle Registered

If your running windows 7, be sure that both rf2 and the profiler have admin rights. I had the same issue with the G25 until I ran both with admin rights.

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I've never had a problem with this until the other day. My step kids are here for the summer and they had several instances of rFactor running under two different usernames. I killed every instance and then started a fresh one but the game still wouldn't set the wheel. So then I closed rf and also killed the little Logitech helper/profiler app and then relaunched rF and finally it was working again. Basically a reboot would have accomplished the same thing.

9. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

And I thought I was the only one always trying to protect computer from grandkids, etc.:)

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Hahaha.. I actually had to disable the power button on my machine because my son would push it at random while I was racing. He's older now so it isn't an issue. But yeah kids find ways to break everything. :)

11. BillyBl4ze

BillyBl4ze Registered

Thank you both Noel and Bungle! I followed your suggestions and it worked!
    Actually I tried the same tricks months ago but nothing happened; this time the process was successful and I am now a very happy user. Thanks thanks thanks!