Running display data on a laptop screen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kuba2542, Jul 3, 2014.

1. kuba2542

kuba2542 Registered

Hi, I don't know much, so excuse my noobiness. I run rf2 on a laptop, connected to a TV and I was wondering if it was possible to run my normal view on the TV, but all data from the display (race positions, lap times, car status etc.) on my laptop screen. I was also wondering wheather I could run a replay screen on the laptop while I'm racing. Thanks for any help!

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

It totally depends on your laptop .............but I do not have ESP ( :rolleyes: <<<< JOKING it is friendly sarcasm ..........did you get that TIM and the others PM you whining ....... lopl )

When you want help list your specifications please.

If you have 2 outputs and your video adaptor handles dual screen the answer is YES

3. Marc Coyles

Marc Coyles Registered

If it's a laptop capable of playing rF2, and it connects to a TV, then of course he can run two screens... The TV and the laptop.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No it depends on the " onboard graphics " ?

5. kuba2542

kuba2542 Registered

Hmm, the problem is I don't know how. The only solution I can think of is have a separate application to display the data and run rf2 in windowed mode. I tried getting softth today, but I just don't get that stuff (maybe I didn't look into it enough). I don't have a clue on running multiple monitors, and I know close to nothing about hardware/electronics linked to display...

Specs:
    Windows 8 HP Pavillion G6
    8GB RAM
    AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon HD graphics - 1.9GHz
    64-bit
    I have one video output (for a display other than the laptop screen), no idea on video adaptor.

6. Marc Coyles

Marc Coyles Registered

7. kuba2542

kuba2542 Registered

Yeah, I can connect it and do the settings, but that won't display the data. rF2 will only run on one screen... Thanks anyway.

btw: Graphics adapter: AMD Radeon HD 7640G