Don´t understand this line in the changelog

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by peterchen, Jul 2, 2014.

1. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Hi Tim, ISI and all,

Just read the changelog and there is one line that is not clear to me:

"Now doing limited loading of rcd files from location components so that track builders can specify new track specific driving lines of known 3rd party cars without."

What does this mean? Can someone please explain for English-noobs!?
    Loading rcd files from location components????
    What has rcd to do with location? (other than alternate lines that can be set there)
    Without what?

Other question:
    Where the heck is the build-discussion thread?

Thanks in advance!

Greets
    Pete

2. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

most discussion seems to be going on in the Bug Report subforum located at the top of this subforum page

3. MikeZ

MikeZ Registered

looks like the full comment got cut short. Here's the full text

"Now doing limited loading of rcd files from location components so that track builders can specify new track specific driving lines of known 3rd party cars without needing to update car components. Will not overwrite any existing parameters from talent/vehicle rcd files....will only add unique parameters."

This was added to give track builders a workaround to the fact that some track specific AI driving information is located in these RCD files that are now packaged in with the vehicle package.

So say you create a new track and you want the Clios to use a special fastest line you made just for them. You can now add an RCD file with content like this:

Clio_Cup
    {
    {
    MY_NEW_TRACK_NAME
    {
    DrivingLine = MY_SPECIAL_FASTEST_LINE
    }
    }
    }

to the location component & the clios will follow the MY_SPECIAL_FASTEST_LINE path on MY_NEW_TRACK_NAME.