Build 770 update problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drdrum, Jul 1, 2014.

1. TonyD

TonyD Registered

Unfortunately, the logical progression of this attitude is "Will the last person to leave please turn out the lights". I doubt you or ISI would actually want this despite the condescending comment.

While I am quite capable of installing updates manually, it involves time and effort that I would rather devote to driving. The auto-updater has worked correctly for some time, and was a feature included in the game I purchased, and was surprised to find that it no longer works.

Often it is more about how things are done rather than what, and there are a few examples of poor execution on ISI's part. A lot of angst here could have been avoided with better communication, as it seems it may have been largely due to misunderstanding of the circumstances by users.

The reason for this course of action could only be to generate more much-needed income, but I doubt a 'like it or lump it' stance would help achieve this. Am I being 'forced' to purchase something from ISI? Fortunately not, but I am not being encouraged to either. In fact, seeing that RRE are having a half-price sale at the moment, I think I'll rather spend some cash there.

Hopefully the continuous sound of the door slamming will wake someone at ISI up before things go pear-shaped.

2. bwana

bwana Registered

I bought rf2 as a beta game afew years back and get perfect auto update every time ,for life.. .. You get what you pay for..

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

3. melg

melg Registered

It's the threats of people jumping ship that annoys me the most because ISI doesn't do things the way they want it done. No one is forcing racers to spend money to update they are saying you have to do it manually by downloading the lite version from their download page. Now if they said you can have the core updates for free but have to pay for new content ie tracks and cars that would be a different thing. Hope you enjoy RRE

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

He says he wishes ISI would go broke all over his auto updater not working. Sounds like a nice guy and loyal customer to me. ;)

5. Hill212

Hill212 Registered

This is the update problems thread isn't it? I came here with a problem and only had one person try and help with it. Unfortunately still not solved.
    And now all I f***ing read about is not being able to auto update for free.

6. Jamie Shorting

Have you tried going back to 32bit?

7. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I think your issue can be fixed deleting the Data folders after the uninstall of rF2.

You can move in a temp directory the Packages folder before to delete the Data folders and place it again in the new install, so to avoid the re-download of all your components.
    Same thing also with the Settings sub-folder, so to save your setups and your custom skins.

Reinstalling the components requires some mins, but, with the txt/json format change, a clean install is safer.

I had the same issue, and the procedure above fixed the issue.

8. Hill212

Hill212 Registered

32 bit works fine but I want to try 64 bit as my computer should run it and other games that have 64 bit works too

9. Hill212

Hill212 Registered

I have done 3 full installs after deleting everything off my system to try (did back everything up first) but still to no avail. When I had done the full install on a desperate hard drive it wouldn't even launch.

10. Jamie Shorting

I say try Maxs' suggestion, sounds like he knows what he's talking about, even though he's a Ferrari guy.

11. Hill212

Hill212 Registered

Nothing wrong with Ferrari I am a fan too :) am trying now tho

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

770 seemed trouble free for me
    ( only used for an hour though)

I look forward to the next build to fix what ever issues others have found

The auto updater seemed to work fine too (for me)

I know some people don't have so much monies, but paying for a lifetime is a great idea -it gives ISI support & one dosnt have to ever worry about online access etc
    It's great value compared to Iracing (in rf2 you'll need league)

13. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Well, actually i had the error in 32 bit ... hope it is the same error i had, ie, hope you are not wasting your time deleting the player and the Data folders.

14. Hill212

Hill212 Registered

I just uninstalled completely and reinstalled and starts up fine but I am still getting the gmotor 2 error in a blank box that's in the picture. It happens while in the loading screen
    View attachment 13472

15. MJP

MJP Registered

Well you appear to have installed content into the Core folder which isn't a good idea. You could either do the workaround some people do and run the game as admin or just install the game properly. If you want everything in the same folder then don't do it in Program Files (or Windows lol).

16. Hill212

Hill212 Registered

Ive got the installed content folder in a separate location and tried to run as admin but still the same

17. Spadge

Spadge Registered

It might be worth checking the event logs to see if there's any more information as to what failed in there.

18. Hill212

Hill212 Registered

where are the event logs? cant seem to find them

19. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Right click My Computer, select Manage, go to events, look at application logs.

There will be an entry for every crash.

20. F2kSel

F2kSel Registered

I'm getting corrupted installer message when trying to run lite version.

Also downloaded twice with same error.