Build 770 update problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drdrum, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Ha, German humor! :cool:

2. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

What are your PC specs? It only says Win7.

3. ambig88

ambig88 Registered

So let me get this straight... The reason I can't automatically update is because I don't have an active multiplayer subscription now?

Wow...

So I have to uninstall and re-install each time you release a new build, or what?

This is kind of frustrating since I've been a long time RF fan and jumped on the RF2 wagon quickly. I have no interest in multiplayer and have never had much interest in multiplayer, so why should I pay for multiplayer just so I can update the damn game easily? Insane...

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

You can install over the top of your old install 99% of the time. Sometimes of course with software, things go wrong. Uninstall, reinstall. Your user data and packages should be kept intact. Make copies if you are worried.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

Mostly very happy with 770 but something I cant work out is how Ive lost the capability to get DRS to work in the Fr3.5's ?? previously I could,,, now even though I have assigned numerous buttons from my wheel and keyboard I just cat seem to get it sorted. offline if I choose Ai to drive my car the drs works , (Lights change to green etc etc) but disabling AI and 3 seconds later no DRS. driving me nuts, will try a re download of the 3.5's and hope it solves my issue, Anyone else with any ideas??

Just assigned same buttons and lever(sequential gear stick to horn and both work, assigned to DRS nothing. tried both fr3.5 and Formula ISI , same result.. I was online with other racers last night whose DRS was working with 770 . Mine had been until 770 hmmm

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014
  6. Minibull

Minibull Member

The only thing I can think of is your brake flickering on which could be cancelling the drs. It is rear flap you have assigned, right?

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Yes rear flap,had been working fine, have increased brake dead zone,still no joy.

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_218 using Tapatalk

8. Hill212

Hill212 Registered

Hi im quite new to rfactor 2. I have tried to update to B770 and have done successfully, but when I try and click to go to the race I keep getting a gmotor 2 error in a blank box when in trying to run x64. I have renamed the two files needed for x64 and still not worked and tried a complete fresh install on to a different hard drive but then I get a different gmotor 2 error saying 'error creating standard default shader' on launching.
    In x32 on my original hard drive it works fine but x64 not working. Can anyone help me please as I would like to try it in x64.
    View attachment 13455

9. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Do you have any mods installed? There was a bug, not sure if it's still there that you would get a crash with no mods installed.

10. Hill212

Hill212 Registered

no mods installed I did a full uninstall and reinstall

11. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

o.k then, I know I'd try installing one but you do what you gotta do. :)

12. Hill212

Hill212 Registered

nope still not worked. im starting to be at a loss

13. F1lover

F1lover Registered

excuse me.. so are you telling me I can no longer get updates because I did not pay for an extension on my subscription?
    Where exactly is that written?

I tried to download the update added it to the update area.. but its grayed out I cant update??

14. MaxRotax25.2

MaxRotax25.2 Registered

You can.

Although manually, I.e download the update, double click the exe and install over the top of your current version, I did and it works for me. If your '' subscription '' to online ran out ( like mine did ) then the multiplayer and the auto-update via the launcher doesn't work., you'll have to do it the manual way. It wasn't difficult at all to update, I'd actually been updating manually, even when I had my subscription :p

15. F1lover

F1lover Registered

seems to have worked thanks.

16. G.Bird

G.Bird Registered

Wow no auto update for people who have not renewed there online subscription is a little unfriendly if you ask me.
    So instead of the update being done by the game launcher and downloading only files that have been updated we have to download
    the hole game installer which I think is around a gig in size.

17. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

May be it was reported before

I found a problem when you try to sort the "Race Series" it just sort the first fifteen lines. You can't move through the entire list once you tried to sort the list.

I thought it was the Minimalist UI, but then I tried the original from ISI and the problem persist.

I'm using Build 770 32 bits

18. melg

melg Registered

Just download the lite version G.Bird.

19. TonyD

TonyD Registered

Trying to force off-line players to pay for an on-line subscription in order to auto-update is a bit unfair IMO. Disappointing too for a long-time RF fan. Oh well, ...

20. MaxRotax25.2

MaxRotax25.2 Registered

Uhm no I don't think so. If you already had rF2 installed with all of its content ( tracks, cars ), you only need to get the Lite version of 770 or any future update; http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/
    Which is only 304 Mb. I'm probably the only one that doesn't seem bothered by going to the download page, and dl'ing it from there, than via the launcher. Unless I'm mistaken, we'd still have to download 300 megs through the launcher, if we did it that way, which is the same as getting the Lite from the dl page .. (?)