rFactor 2 Build 770 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 1, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That's the point of lifetime. It (online services) is included. If that's what you want, upgrade.

Sent using Tapatalk

2. 88mphTim

Haven't seen anything else yet, no.

Sent using Tapatalk

3. 88mphTim

Do your installer sizes match the download page?

Sent using Tapatalk

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Roughly...
    ContentBuild = 1,120,545 KB vs. 1.07GB on page
    LiteBuild = 312,102 KB vs. 304.79MB on page

5. jomardi

jomardi Registered

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

1. Get mod + components with passworded servers is not working properly. If you remove the password it downloads fine.

2. Modmgr still modifies vehicle mft of updated vehicles when installing vmod.

3. Game crashes when leaving a passworded server providing an error. I didn't try after removing pwd.

7. flavor

flavor Registered

Hello,

We are having problems with the +ONECLICK option to start our dedis. We need this option, can not update without it.

We use this cmd line:
    +profile "player" +path=.. +oneclick

Its the second build with ONECLICK error this year. Perhaps now we must change the cmd line but we can not find any info about it in the release info.

Can please anyone help us ??

View attachment 13414
    Of course we start the dedi without the oneclick option, but still dont start after the plr files created with the +oneclick

8. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

My subscription expired and I really don't mind that there is no 'auto' updater as there is a way to update the software manually, which is how 9/10 applications I have do it anyway.

I am downloading the lite version to get me to 770. Only question I have as I am not clear from reading. Is it safe to install the lite version on top of my existing install and if I do so I won't have any problems?

While I don't care about the auto update I do care that I can get an update installer that doesn't penalise me by making me reinstall the game from scratch as 9/10 of my applications let me get an update.exe as well.

Thx.

9. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Hi, don't know if this is the right place to ask, but here goes anyway. I have renamed the 64 bit exe's to rfactor.exe like was suggested, game starts and runs fine but is there anyway I can tell if it is actually running in 64 bit mode?
    I know it wouldn't have started if there was a problem but would like to know for sure to tell if I am getting any benefit out of the 16 gig ram I have.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The launcher will use rfactor2.exe. So whatever you renamed to that is what you're using :) (the 64-bit is larger, so if you still have both you can easily tell)

11. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

I'm still getting this message, I have deleted everything but still having the error message pop up after I install. I'm kind of at the end of my knowledge of what I can do to fix this issue

Any help would be great, I get very grumpy if I can not race.

12. Mee

Mee Registered

Yes you can, using task manager. Go to "processes" and there you can see if the application is 32 or 64-bit.

[​IMG]

Behind the process names of the applications running in 32 bit it says *32.

13. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Excellent, thank you very much.
    And thanks to Lazza for the reply also.

14. 88mphTim

15. 88mphTim

I assume it's because we moved from plr files?

16. 88mphTim

It should be OK to install over, worked for me, but there's been some people saying it caused an error when running. I'm not yet sure if those people perhaps tried an unstable build, or not.

17. 88mphTim

As the message says, you would need to reinstall. It either wasn't able to write the file, or it was never downloaded to read/write. Use lite and try installing over top, see my previous post though.

18. nudger1964

nudger1964 Registered

ok, IT isnt my flippin thing - I renamed the 64 exe just to rfactor2 (which is what the other one was. I before hand took the original rfactor2.exe file out so as not to have two of same name. Is that right?
    I have no idea if its running 64, as when i do the control manager it just shows as rfactor2.exe - assume cos it was renamed.
    My plugins no longer work? is this normal?
    also, just so I can put it back as was...was the original name of the 64 exe - rfactor2.64bit (was the dot there?)
    thanks

19. 88mphTim

You would need 64bit plugins.

I assume if they are not working, you did it right. Though you can tell by looking at the task manager.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...Now-Available!?p=288844&viewfull=1#post288844

20. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Just to add: Many plugins are already converted to 64 bits, just download them and it should be fine. Plugins that I use are 64 bits for few days already so no problem here. :)

On your exe working on 64 bit now, Tim explained it well enough. If they don't work you did it right. Have fun.