DW12 Body Kit Differences

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yoeri Gijsen, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

I was wondering if there is any difference between the "Indy 500 2014" and "Oval" Configuration. It seems I can load the same setups on it without notable differences.

Is there a difference between the two in terms of settings? Or is it just the look that changes?

2. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

I think theres a few, the biggest being the indy500 logo on the tires. Should be more noticeable i think once the car is updated.

3. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

Thanks for your answer. I was asking about settings, rather than looks, though. I'd be interested to know whether the car has the exact aero and handling or whether there is a difference between the two in that regard.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Pretty sure they are 100% identical physics wise; it's just appearance things specific to the Indy 500 race.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Tire branding.

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

For instance the drag and car weight changes.......

7. 88mphTim

8. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

IRL I'm pretty sure at Indy they get to run more down force from the floor while at the other ovals (such as Texas and Auto Club) they don't because they want to keep clear of pack racing and make sure their premier track is also their fastest track. Sure different rules specific to one track is asking too much, but with the separation in the two already present, seems odd that the only difference would be the tire sidewalls. They may run the same aero kit, but the Indy and general superspeedway kits shouldn't be 1 to 1 I'd hope. (Oh, and the regular tires have fall off like nobody's business!) Maybe this is an area to be improved upon in future updates? :eek:

I'd imagine the current rF2 car at Texas or Auto Club would be a ride the white line pack race with the extra downforce which certainly doesn't line up too well with reality. Driving a proper low downforce version of this car around a track like Texas with the obscene tire fall off would be fantastic!

9. 88mphTim

I don't know the differences as they will be, we did lack data and have some third parties doing things that we'll now be doing ourselves, but I haven't been updated on how things will be - yet. AFAIK (and I could be wrong) the only current difference should be as stated, just the tire wall. :)

10. CrashMaster

CrashMaster Registered

I wish we could have more freedom to setup the oval cars like a road course car (camber, among other things) this would be good if someone makes a right hand oval or we want to use the low down force stuff on a road course ...

just a thought that holds for all the cars ... I understand the real car would have some of the limits but with the game we have the ability to race these cars in ways they would never have been run..... nothing worse than hitting a rev limit and not being able to add a longer gear on some of the cars in the game ;)