force feedback FR 3.5 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nick95, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Nick95

Nick95 Registered

Hello guys I wanted to ask you one thing. Why with the formula renault 3.5 2014 feedback is very light? I'm using g27. Thanks for reply :)

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

My guess would be because it's a very light car.

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

3. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Yep here the same (fana csr-e).
    I solved this with a higher FFB multi not at my pc but I think around 1.3 and ffb filter around 4 - 5.
    This gives me a good feeling without ffb clipping all over the track.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

It is light because G27 FFB motors cannot replicate real forces. In slow corners, these type of race cars provide about half steering torque compared to fast corners. The problem is that on an already weak wheel like G27, 50% FFB will feel too light. Solution is to either buy a better wheel or bump up the FFB multiplier (not ideal...).

5. C3PO

C3PO Registered

I always bump up the FFB in rF2 to around x1.8 to x2.4 on my G27, depending on the car. 1.0 is always too little for me whatever the car.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Which will unfortunately produce massive amounts of clipping. It really needs to be a compromise. I used to do the same with a lot of multiplier, but after I lowered it and avoided the clipping I gained a lot of time.

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

7. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

Mine feels very hard and no clipping, but it might be my custom wheel rim, wich is very light, definitely rips my arms off :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Yes but the amount of clipping depend on many variable values like car setup, type of car, road surface of the track, type of wheel and used wheel setting, rF2 ffb setting and so on and so on.

I check always for every track and car combo first the clipping with the pedal overlay plugin and adjust the rF2 ffb multi and torque filter until the clipping is gone (clipping on curbs is ok for me).

9. floreacalin

floreacalin Registered

What he said :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

At all speeds? It will feel less string at lower speeds compared to high speed. It's a heavy car at high speed, a light car at low speed. Steering goes along with this.

11. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

FR35 setup for T500RS owners

To correct this light feeling in slow corners I use this setup (close HDFeasy setup) : View attachment 13275 with FFB multi=1.08 and in windows controller :

65%(or even 70% but if so, you lower ffb multi) overall and 100% elsewhere (I use 100% in spring/damper for light cars)

You can, perhaps, adjust these settings for G27 or G25 (?)

12. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Nick95, might i suggest you try the following: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...s-in-rFactor-2-The-key-to-being-in-the-Zone-D

That lightness your feeling is both due to the weakness of your g27's ffb motors (compared to stronger wheels) and made worse by the large initial ffb deadzone of your g27 wheel. When you reduce/remove this initial ffb deadzone, your wheel will naturally feel a lot stronger (without touching the ingame ffb multiplier). The majority of that looseness you feel is in the low end forces and it will be less (or gone) with the correct STM (steering torque minimum) added. Then you can focus on fine tuning the ffb multiplier for each car (to avoid ffb clipping).

But it's up to you ofc, just a suggestion but i urge you to read the OP in that thread at the very least. It includes full instructions on how to find the correct STM for your wheel.

Please ask if you have any questions. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
  13. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Well I forgot to say that I use STM=0.03000 with my T500RS, as DrR1pper taught us! :)

14. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Increasing caster on this car will ramp up FFB a lot.

15. Nick95

Nick95 Registered

Hi Tim :) thx for reply, in lower speeds the wheel seems to have no power in force feedback motors, I have no feeling with the car

16. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

I use G25 and I use 0.8-1.0 (and quite high filtering to preserve my wheel from big jolts) ffb mult and I disagree with you. I feel a lot everywhere. Not only at high speed, I feel quite a lot at low speed. Maybe it's a hardware issue. Check it.

17. smithaz

smithaz Registered

I think it is a lot to do with the weakness of the G27, i feel the same way with mine, a very powerful setting to help this is the steering torque minimum which helps tighten the center of your wheel. Also a T500 is the business in comparison, really helps you understand the force feedback in a way you cannot imagine with the G27.

18. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Do you use any other settings (e.g. STM?) as well and is your disagreement with the Nick include when driving the 2014 F3.5?

19. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

No. Everything is pretty much default. And yes.

20. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Ok, just checking. :p

What about your Logitech profiler settings?