Communities and the re-activation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valter Cardoso, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

haha, epic. I guess I'm not the only one who thinks that way after all. :D

2. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Yes, am aware of that.

3. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Odd rationale?

I dunno about that - what does that yearly / one time premium offer that I wouldn't have otherwise? Online play and auto updating.

Don't play rF2 a lot online as it's basically dead at this point for my interests, updating manually isn't difficult nor even more time consuming considering this isn't one of those titles that sees an update every other day. Unless I missed something, those two things are all that the $12 add to rF2, and really... it's just not worth it to me and many others for what it adds to the package. Not a question of money, but a question of worth.

4. Miro

Miro Registered

Not at all.

It seems you don't - There are people which play rF2 on a regular basis online (me and many others lol). In most cases league racers.

But hey, I don't know how people can enjoy iRacing either and are willing to spend like 100 times more than 12 bucks on it so I do understand you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
  5. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I obviously made my point very badly as that was exactly what I was trying to say.

I just don't see how this isn't worth supporting when something like iRacing is.

Swings and roundabouts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

Yes, it seems I just missed that particular info. :(

Do you think this will change in the future (so people who don't have multiplayer access can still auto-patch)? I don't mind downloading the Lite installer, but I had gotten into the habit of just using the auto-updater with the last few builds as it always worked perfectly for me and was a lot quicker.

Thanks for the reply.

EDIT; And thanks to everyone at ISI for the getting a 64bit version of the sim up and running. I assume that was a bit of a nightmare job so I'm you didn't give up on it. I've used 64bit versions of Windows for years now and it's nice to see developers finally starting to take advantage of it. :) Well, ISI and Stardock at least (not sure of many others right now).

7. jrg_carrion94

jrg_carrion94 Registered

Exactly today I was thinking about reactivate my account and do some online races, but first I went to the matchmaker and saw that there was only ONE person playing all around the planet, so i keep my 12$ for the moment, that's my only reason

8. joker68

joker68 Registered

Well, I saw this coming. 1 1/2 year, but they insist in that mod thing, where it isn't enough to have a car and track, you must download a ton of sh!t just to race a single event.
    GSC Extreme (good mods, also), AC (still alpha, but laser scanned tracks and nice ffb/graphics right now), pick your choice. rF2 FFB/physics is overrated, too, IMHO. It IS good for sure, but it doesn't cut alone.
    Live track? Others are going to have this in short time, not a big deal.
    Just lurking, waiting to see if it matures/changes, and if so, I may reactivate my account down the road. Maybe. (Guess not, really, because then there will be AC full, new versions of GSC, etc...).

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Not arguing with your overall post (it's your decision to make), but I think it's only fair to mention they aren't continuing to insist on this. It's been said a number of times the system will be changed in future so we should be able to expect some improvements at some point. Obviously that won't be next week :)

10. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

+1

Always makes me laugh. I know you all love to have that bump in exactly the right place and the exact high. The curbing right eg.eg "But" Like Tim said a long time ago, It's only accurate till the track is resurfaced!

Most are done every two or three years. Some get layout changes. Barriers, Pit bay and pit lane can be changed. How good is the laser scan then. The track becomes just another version of it with no comparison to the real one. No more then a track built by some of our community modders.

Any track in a sim regardless of it's accuracy to the real one is still the same for everyone you race on it. Bumps are in the same place, Layout is the same, Everything about it.
    Some modders, Teams or individuals do a fantastic job at building tracks "without" scanned data. They work hard and spent so many hours searching for information, pictures and so on to get them as close as possible before you add the time in for the actual building of it. My hats off to those guy's and then all most of you do is wine because that bump is two mm higher then it should be. It's half a metre to the left eg, eg!

Now you wonder why rF2 isn't being populated by third parts content!! Then when something is released half of you are asking when the update is coming before it's even finished being downloaded!

I don't understand why so many aren't paying their $12 USD, 8.82 Euro ATM. Or better still just upgrade to life one off. No more bull. You all knew the way it worked when you signed up for the BETA. I forgot doesn't cut it. Now some are asking or expecting to retain a service that those who have paid for, to be given to you for nothing! (Auto update). It's apart of the terms of contract you agreed to when you bought the product. You were given the option. The terms were simple, easy to understand if you bothered to read it!

11. Jamie Shorting

What a huge waste of time that will be. Assetto Corsa had/has the booking system, which is the dumbest online system I've seen in any game and people were lining up to get online. The vmod system has nothing to do with low numbers online. This new system without the vmod will make about ten people happy and rF2 will still have the same numbers online. Such a shame ISI is letting themselves get sidetracked on this one.

12. Jamie Shorting

This is what a iracing employee stated on the iracing forums about laser scan data. iracing claims mm accuracy btw, I'll let you guys figure out the rest. mm is a lot less than one inch.

"If you think about it, we potentially have a square mile of track surface to laser scan. If you wanted points every inch and used only one float to hold the data you would be looking at 15 GB of memory. I don't know what our sample density is but it could never be good enough not to interpolate."

13. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I think the VMod concept will be not withdrawed, but i think ISI will implement a further step in its simplification.

14. Jamie Shorting

Thanks Max.