Communities and the re-activation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valter Cardoso, Jun 23, 2014.

1. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

I'm going to disagree with most of this.
    - Most do not drive Modern GT cars. ??? rF2 has got more then just GT cars. Plus I wouldn't agree that most don't like them.

- Problem with the timezone. Possible, but there are or where a lot of leagues around the world for rF1 and Simbin titles. Maybe not so many have gone to rF2 yet.

- Skill of drivers is a little bit to high (so no chance for some success moments) This one is funny. Well it is for me. The skill level is only as good as your opponents. My experience is constantly using the AI to get faster doesn't work. When you can slow them down just so you can win is pointless.
    My experience over the years is that being in a league helped me far more to get faster then any offline practice or AI racing. The reason is simple.
    AI you can beat them and win. Not because your fast, because their slow.
    Racing real people they help you because they use the right racing line. You learn from that. League members help with setups, Which is very helpful to get faster. AI don't help you there.
    Racing on practice nights, you race! you race real people at real speeds. You may not win but you "will" learn. Follow one as long as you can. Race the people around you. Turn "off" the spotter tailing you your lap times. Your racing two people, The one in front and the one behind. Nothing else matter at that point in time.
    At the end of the race I'll beat you nearly every time you would have done your own PBL because you weren't thinking about how fast your going. Your attention is solely on staying in front and keeping up to the two others that are racing with you.

You'll learn far more and far quicker then you ever will racing AI no matter how good the AI are.
    And I think the absolute most important thing you "will" learn within a league is "clean" driving. Something no one has ever learn from racing and pushing AI around. I'm sure there's some that will argue with that but your only kidding yourself.

- used tracks or cars are not in the visual quality I expect (yes I need this for my immersion factor) Well, Each to their own on this.

Getting way off subject here, But really, Who cares! It's what real discussions do.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
  2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I think that rF1 was also difficult and the number of people online was higher. It had the same timezone differences between drivers. The immersion was also lower. THE BIGGEST DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE ONLINE WITH ONE OR THE OTHER SHOULD BE RELATED ONLY TO THE PLATFORM ITSELF AND THE NUMBER OF USERS OF EACH.

3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

If you are only racing guy in front of you and behind you then you are missing out on thrill of championship

4. Descoat

Descoat Registered

That´s your opinion but many of my clients that says that some prices are expensive and can´t pay money in their pet´s health, waste thousands in their cars, phones... it´s a fact and if you say that paying 12 dollars/year is expensive is because your priority is not supporting/enjoying simulation.

In my opinion, all them are excuses. If you like simulation, yo can understand that ISI is the only company that loves this way and try to keep simulation under noobs user´s pressure. So if you want a better product, try to support them and they will grow and bring you what you want sooner.
    Obviously they like to offer you some more content, less bugs, but the limit is the money and money pays thousands of hours.

Cheers, and see yo on the track.

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I've completely forgotten to answer to Valter's question :p
    I've purchased the lifetime license from the beginning because of my internet research about rFactor it was clear for me the ISI guys know what they do. I'm still happy with rF2 and it was/is a good and fair deal for me.
    I don't think the reactivation process is a (main) reason.

If I summarize the feedback to my post I see I've to make clear something (maybe a small language barrier on my side :p)
    - I totally agree with you race against AI is not a replacement for racing against human. But with some (to be honest much) time love and knowledge you can get out a really good AI performance good for exciting races with 16 or more car's.
    - Yes with AI I can't exchange my experience or get some hints from them or do some jokes and because of that on some point I will find back to a league .

6. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

This is a funny comment.
    So your saying here that when your in the heat of a race, Trying as hard as you can to keep the car as clean lined as possible, working hard to try and pass the car in front, Trying hard to keep the guy behind from taking advantage of you getting off line in your attempts to get past the one in front of you, while all this is taking up all of your thoughts and attention, your only though is the championship?

Sorry mate, But bull!

Apart from this, the post was aimed at those that think their to slow to join a league. I'm sure those people wouldn't have the championship on their minds at this point do you?

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Makes you wonder why anybody enters a championship they can't win.

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Competition, participating, valuable experience,...for the fun of it most :D

9. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Well put.
    And the hole point of it.

Tim, Your suggesting that your racing and only thinking of the championship. Bit surprised that comment coming from you, But oh well you have that right of cause being a well established and seasoned racer.

This is the attitude that keeps the new comer away from joining leagues and being involved. It's the attitude most here are trying to explain to new comers isn't the case when you do join a league. League admin and members for the most part welcome new people and do what they can to help them get up to speed so they can have the ability to then start thinking on the championship. Perhaps you should read the post you've quoted better. Maybe you would understand that slow doesn't win races let alone championships. Thinking of that while in the fight for a position in the race is also pointless.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
  10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

That was irony ;)

11. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Not sure I know what you mean. You've missed the end of that sentence in your quote.
    Saying that he has the right to be thinking of the championship being a well established and seasoned racer.

My post are not about well established and seasoned racers.

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Tim's post was ironical, he knows what its all about in every way.

13. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

What Tim means is that "the championship" doesn't only mean winning the championship. The championship is a race within the race. For example, if Nikos is directly behind me in the race but is way ahead of me in points and you are behind both of us and within striking distance of me both in the current race and in the championship then my best move may be to let Nikos pass me so I ca draft him and open a wider gap on you vs. battling him and allowing you to close the gap when he is going to pass me anyway, etc., etc.

Anyway, I recommend you watch a few championships and it will make more sense.

14. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Haha... I'm well aware of the strategies in racing.

You've again missed the point. As Tim has.

nikos, I see. Thank you.

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I wouldt enjoy draft me mate, I would do anything against it, but the point is spot on ;)

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

FYI Tim is one of the best mates we have here ;)

17. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

There was no disrespect meant. Not sure how you come to that by the quoted comment.

18. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

I haven't read the thread, just the first post by OP. I haven't been here since probably a day or two before the thread was posted.

I let my license lapse and saw no need to renew it. rfactor 2 doesnt give me anything substantial that my two other sims, AC and iracing, give me when it comes to MP. Local leagues have not adopted RF2.

I don't see why I should pay for MP so unless it takes off I wont be.

Edit, now I have read the thread I would add that I like RF2, some cars tracks are awesome, it has some awesome features. I am one of the guys that has thousands in peripherals spent for only sim racing, not counting the computer. I am also only a MP racer and even though $12 is chump change I just can't see the justification for a MP racer to spend the money at the moment. My timezone in NZ is probably part of that.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You've completely missed the meaning of Tim's post. He was absolutely agreeing with you.

20. ForthRight

ForthRight Registered

I didn't reactivate my subscription as I don't play online much and I'm still waiting for wet weather to become closer to being finished (rather than the WIP it is at the moment). I was hoping for improvements in this area in the latest build but the log doesn't mention any so I assume there are none.

Today I found out I can't actually auto-update the sim anymore as a result of not paying for a further online subscription. :confused:

Strange.