[REL] SpecMiata 1.00

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by PlickBadger, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Wow. This sucks. I wish I had seen that the new build messed Plicks mod up before I updated.

So now one of the best mods for rF2 is unusable. I really hope they have enough decency to contact you with a fix if it is possible.

This is extremely disappointing

2. McFlex

McFlex Registered

You know that ISI changed something in the GMT format?

3. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

If it were a GMT format issue, no vehicles would load. You can load as many as you want 1 at a time.

It is also affecting ISI mods, so maybe you shouldn't jump to conclusions about it being a mod issue

4. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Yep, I'm quite frustrated with the total lack of communication. If it is a bug, then say so. ANY communication would be nice

5. emha76

emha76 Registered

One more thing (it happens only with Your Miatas) - SpecMiata+Neva Ring = crash. :(

6. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I doubt this is related

7. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Its not. Just ran it twice with no issue except the lack of car

8. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I'm getting a trickle of information in this thread

It defies logic that a GMT format change would break a multi-car loading routine, but apparently that's the case. And to think that 3DSimEd is using an 8 year old GMT format is also crazy. I've posted in the 3DSimEd forum to bring the format change to Dave Noonan's attention.

Edit:
    Dave Noonan does not think there's any issue with 3DSimEd GMT format.

So what's the issue ISI? Can't we have some type of collaboration here to help modders?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2014
  9. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

We can only hope that the lack of a response means ISI has all hands neck deep into the build code to find the issues that this build has caused. Hopefully you and everyone else will have a response soon. I still don't think its your mod at all. Fingers crossed that this is a minor, and short, inconvenience. :)

10. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I suspect the loading routine was optimized for 64bit. Maybe even updated to utilize threading. I'd love to help out with the troubleshooting. I've been writing multi-threaded coded since 2004

I'm not frustrated at all about the introduction of bugs. It happens all the time. I'm just frustrated that the issue was reported in unstable build 767 and didn't even get acknowledged. Heck I even pointed to the potential root cause in the 767 thread.

Oh well - sh!t happens :)

11. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Thats one of the main reasons we dont see the usual modding teams starting full speed on rf2 mods/tracks. While we live in this development state its hard to somebody to start work on something without knowing if in 3 or 4 months they have to restart or update old work.

About 770 and miatas.....well, we have a Miata Summer Cup starting next week and we adviced members not to update. I didnt update and much probably will not update until mod is updated to 770 standards if it ever gets updated.

12. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

And 240z

Edit jus FYI 64 bit changes Neva issue with 240 not sure if 4 Miata yet

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2014
  13. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Everything happens because people is no longer used to work with attention and now on it will be always more frequent. I'm sadly looking at these matters wherever... in something that for us is only a hobby as well as in more important things in our life. You made a great job, now we only have to wait for ISI that fixes its mistake (do not forget that also kunos is adopting the same "strategy", grrr). Next time, the good way of working suggests to test something a little bit better than usual... because the ISI concept of "usual" is wrong. We'll see.

14. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

I believe I found the issue with my Miata Mods. The following instance name in the .gen file creates the bug

Instance=SUSPENSION

If I change this instance name to something else, everything works perfectly.

I hope this helps in some way. I'll be releasing version 1.2 of all 3 mods soon

15. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Kool n tha Gang

16. VMaxMuffin

VMaxMuffin Registered

Very good news, looking forward to testing it! These missing parts bugs are keeping me from updating at the moment :p

17. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

Awesome Plick, great work!
    FWIW, along with being a former Miata owner [and big fan], I am also a Datsun 240Z owner [and big fan]. I've been tinkering with newly released 240Z mod and although faster than the base SPEC Miata, it runs lap times neck and neck with the SCL1 Miata mod. ;)

It's been a longtime wish of mine that someone, or more likely a group of modders, would work on a project to basically imitate the SCCA E Production class of cars: MG Midget, Turner, Fiat X1/9, Alfa Romeo Spyder, Austin Healey Sprite, Lotus Super 7, BMW 325, Mazda Miata, RX-7, Nissan 240, Honda Civic, Suzuki Swift GTI, Toyota MR-2, and more. All with basically similar performance and great handling, it's forever one of the most popular and competitive classes in the SCCA.

18. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

v1.2

compatible with 64bit builds - for now I guess ;)

19. Emery

Emery Registered

Excellent detective work, PB! Thanks for the update!

20. Bernd W.

Bernd W. Registered

Many thanks, PlickBadger!!!