Oculus rift dk 2

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by gkz, Jun 15, 2014.

1. gkz

gkz Registered

Will rfactor 2 support dk 2 from oculus ? Or is there any plan to do this. It should be for me because it is the future of sim race.

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I just got my Rift DK2 today and I am getting some trouble making it work

I cannot make the Rift work correctly under default display mode settings.
    However, if I use the extended desktop option I can see the secondary screen of the desktop split in one half per eye but rotated 90 degrees.

I have followed the hardware and software installation manuals.
    After a first install of the OR utility I have updated firmware to 2.11.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled OR utility just in case.
    After the uninstall, when I restarted the PC before reinstalling, i could also see the display working but rotated 90 degrees and working as extended desktop.

I am quite lost. Thanks for helping!

4. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

5. Txus

Txus Registered

22 Jan 2015 by Peter Parrish
    Oculus to scale down DirectX 9 support in future SDKs

If you’re working on a DirectX 9-based project for the Oculus Rift, you may wish to consider a change of direction. As spotted by NeoGaf, the Oculus folks will be ‘deprecating’ support for DX9 from the next Software Development Kit release.

That doesn’t necessarily mean it’s all over for DX9 games in the Oculus Rift, as “Apps that use DirectX 9 will continue to work for the foreseeable future” and certain older titles have alternative OpenGL options which will still be fully supported.

The thread linked above also mentions something called ‘Extended Mode’ which apparently would keep a lot of older games working too. As I’m not familiar with what this is, I can’t really comment on that.

In addition, Oculus says that DirectX 9 applications “won’t compile in future SDK releases and may have additional runtime latency after we remove DirectX 9 support.”

Future work will focus on DirectX 11 (and, though not mentioned, presumably DirectX 12) and OpenGL.

6. blanes

blanes Registered

This is the reason I never play rFactor2 anymore ... so outdated and no VR support plus dx9 died a slow death long ago now.

pCars & Asetto Corsa combined have narrowed the field plus with vr support they are so good that I do not even miss rFactor2 anymore and suspect there are many that have abandoned it. However if ISI ever do pick up the ball and get with the times it may get some support back. At this point sorry to say that it just looks like a mix of stubborness & stupidity ~ difficult to fathom ! :confused: