Is ParcfermeTires Working?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by rigodon, Jun 11, 2014.

1. rigodon

rigodon Registered

Hi All,

I defined a mod with these parameters in my RFM file:

ParcFerme = 2
    ParcFermeFuel = 0.0
    ParcFermeTires = 10
    ParcFermeSetup = 1
    FreeSettings = 238

I did a test, qualified 15th in grid, and I couldn't change tyre compound in warmup (supposedly is locked only for first 10 drivers) Have you tried this?

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

In the .PLR, these are the parc ferme options, I'm not sure what the options you changed are from

GPRIX FreeSettings="-1" // -1=use RFM/season/GDB default, or add to allow minor changes with fixed/parc ferme setups: 1=steering lock, 2=brake pressure, 4=starting fuel, 8=fuel strategy 16=tire compound, 32=brake bias, 64=front wing, 128=engine settings
    MULTI FreeSettings="-1"

add up the options you want to use- so steering lock + brake pressure + tire compund would be

GPRIX FreeSettings="19"

3. rigodon

rigodon Registered

I have all the freesettings parameters set to -1 in the PLR so values are taken from RFM. Same way MULTI ParcFerme and GPRIX ParcFerme are set to "3", so those values are also taken from the RFM.

I just want to reproduce real F1 regulations: if you are one of the top 10 qualifiers, you have to use the same tyre of your best lap to start the race. If you start the race from position 11th and down, then you can choose compount to start the race.

4. rigodon

rigodon Registered

Well, I realized that if you put the tyre compound into the locked settings, then you can't change tyre compound in pitstops during race, so I guess F1 regulations can't be reproduced with game parameters at the moment.

5. hockel

hockel Registered

We have the same problem in our League

As soon as you lock the tires for the first 10 as it is in F1,
    P1-P10 cannot switch to another compound anymore and therefore F1 Regulation cannot be simulated

We handled the situation over a Gentlemen-Agreement and checking the replays from time to time to see if they did what they are supposed to do...

6. rigodon

rigodon Registered

Yes, we finally did the same thing. I'll take a look at the logs by using RF2 log analyzer to check compounds used.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, the .xml results files now have the compound index and even the compound name in them. Of course the game handling it specifically as part of a ruleset would be great, but it's manageable now at least.

8. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Hi Lazza, did you ever consider adding the compound name in the MoTec Data as well? From my point of view this would be a great feature in addition to the already available channels on for tires.

Sent with Tapatalk

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Hmm... adding it where? I'm not totally around Motec but I don't think having text as the current 'value' would work... the compound index is logged, should the plugin attempt to grab the names and list the used ones somewhere? Honest question :)

10. cienfuegos

cienfuegos Registered

i want to setup my server in a way that the tyres stay in the same condition

in race session as it finished qualifying for the 10 top drivers, basically,

what i want to setup is "parcfermme" for tyres for the top 10 drivers. How do

I configure the rfm file?

Ive done the following but it doesn´t work

RFM

ParcFerme = 1
    ParcFermeFuel = 0.0
    ParcFermeTires = 10
    ParcFermeSetup = 1
    FreeSettings = 245

Player.json

MULTI ParcFerme="3"
    MULTI FreeSetting="-1"

11. redapg

redapg Registered

I would suspect the "tire compound", that is allowed in Free Settings, as the reason.
    You have set 245, which means everything, except brake pressure and fuel strategy.
    I would think that if you allow to select the tire compound, they get new tires also.

12. rigodon

rigodon Registered

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if you put tires into parc ferme, then drivers can't change compound during race, right?

Enviado desde mi D6633 mediante Tapatalk

13. redapg

redapg Registered

Hmmmm, during race they should be able to change tire compounds, but not between qualy and race.
    Parc Ferme shouldn't have any influence in the race.

... or am i wrong? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
  14. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I think so.

If you lock tires in the free settings you cannot change them during race.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Wear doesn't pass through to the race anyway, unless the last build changed it. Replays now resume with basic tyre wear intact, hopefully something similar happens with the tyres in future.

Same story with locked tyres; unless something has changed recently, locked tyres means no compound change during the race (which probably has its place, depending on the race format).

16. redapg

redapg Registered

To be honest, i don't want to start to study the exact parc ferme rules, because of this thread.
    But maybe you know them?
    My statement, that parc ferme rules shouldn't have any influence in the race, came from my opinion that this is the way it works in real life.
    And if thats the fact, it should also work this way in a sim, right?
    For me parc ferme always was a rule, to prevent teams from making Setup-Changes between qualy and Race.

17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, we're just relaying what the game does :)

18. redapg

redapg Registered

That explains it. :)

19. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Exactly.

What we do when we want starting tires to be of the same compound used in quali, but enable tire changes during race, is to unlock the tire compound and check in the logs that everybody has used the same one.

In the same way as starting fuel/fuel strategy, a starting tyre compound locking would be appreciated.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2016
  20. redapg

redapg Registered

So in the end i wasn't wrong whith my Suspicion to cienfuegos question that, if you have "tire compound" enabled in the Free Settings, the Setting that the first X Qualifier have to keep their used Tires, don't works anymore.