Double shifts with Frex Shift+ (sequental)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raikku, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Raikku

Raikku Registered

For some reason I have problems with doubleshifts quite often, maybe every 3-5 times when changing down or up, it shifts two gears at once.
    I have my Frex connected directly to my CSW(using cut F's own shifter cable) so it work with consoles too. In all other sims, iRacing/GTR2/rFactor1/GSC/AC etc.
    it shifts just as it should, one gear at the time but this double shift-problem in rF2 is really annoying. Is there some setting in game/files which could cause this?

2. Gabi Almeida

Gabi Almeida Registered

I had that problem with G25 too.
    Go to your .PLR file and search this line :Repeat Shifts="4" // 0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts within 100ms, 2 = 150ms, 3 = 200ms, 4 = 250ms, 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed.

By default it´s 0, but i altered it to 4, try it.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Setting it to 1 will probably be enough, but see how you go. As for other games, their minimum time is obviously greater than rFactor's, and personally I think it should default to 1 to basically eliminate this problem ever arising.

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Have the same issue with hyperstimulator setup. changed PLR to #5 but although its helped a bit still happens on occasions

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

#5 will be dependent on the car you're driving. An F1 car, for example, will finish its shift very quickly. If you have a similar controller issue then 1-4 would be better I think. If any controller multi shifts outside 250ms it needs to be discarded - much more likely to be human error.

6. Raikku

Raikku Registered

I put that "4" what Gabi recommended and after that haven't had double shift-problems.

7. C3PO

C3PO Registered

I too have a FREX shifter and it is susceptible to double shifts - mine too is at 4 now and since then no problems.