Where are the historic cars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lbird, Jun 8, 2014.

1. yusupov

yusupov Registered

2. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Outsch, that reply sucks to hear. Historic content is the #1 reason why I came to RF2, and indeed with the four tracks we already have in high quality that is much more than the competition...

3. jjcook

jjcook Registered

There are leagues running the historics - SR4L and IsR to name a couple - brabs and howstens.......and F3 fanatics has a fanatic following....whats this about historics not being popular:confused:.....thats all i race and there are people to join every day ;)....plenty of content to keep me happily waiting for more

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Exactly- I think they are looking at the ISI official servers stats and not the real stats- if they got out of the log files and on to the servers they'd learn a lot more. That's half the prob with the game, you kinda get the feeling they are not playing the game they are making.

5. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Like cookie, I purchased rF2 solely for the Historic content (I watched the Monaco trailer and said "GPL finally finished!" And, signed up as soon as I knew the game/sim was available for purchase). I know a lot of others did as well. The 'F3 Fanatics!' has people racing in it virtually 24/7.

So, there is no lack of interest on player's part.

I'd personally like to see more older tracks, complete with their rough edges and cars from even earlier racing periods with all of their rough edges too.

Regards,

Bryan
    Host of the 'F3 Fanatics!'

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Exactly the same here :)

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Me and my brother also purchased only because of the historic formula cars!! It's painful to se how low priority they have now :( All cars updated with chassis flex except the historic formula cars :( They are already good but they could be much better, and tires could be better! That they are not popular is just wrong... Maybe not so popular on public servers because they are quite difficult to drive. More popular in leagues when drivers spend more time learning them.

Oh, I want a 70's F1 car for RF2 so much :( Would be perfect for next season with SR4L.

8. joker68

joker68 Registered

+1

9. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Like Cookie said: SR4L server is getting people in it every night. Last league race we had on Malaisya had 21 cars on the grid. So servers not crowded should be ISI servers not crowded. Only times i see ISI servers crowded is first days after release of new content (think karts, FR3.5...)

Sure the historics are way more a handfull to learn then moderns, but being around here for a year now and i know for sure that lots of peeps here spent many hours in their favorite sim world (rF2 :cool:) and do love the historic content.

So i hope ISI will reconsider putting "historic stuff at lower priority"

@Tim: If you read this tread (which i'm pretty sure you do :eek: ) please talk about it with the devs. I'll invite you to come in the SR4L server (~10:00 pm gmt) and see what happens there.

10. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

+1 :cool:

11. Tony

Tony Registered

Yea me too!

..I'm thinking Historic Zandvoort with ISI's own Eves & Sparks given the full update treatment

Just as was done with the very impressive Formula Renault just recently :eek:

12. batito

batito Registered

+1 Same here

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Historic tracks are nice, but the historic cars run just as well on the modern versions of circuits as well

I hope the current historic content continues to be updated as does the newer content though

Tire contact patch / chassis flex etc

14. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

I'm another one who loves everything historic. In fact, when LFS, GTR, rFactor etc came out in the 2000s, I was still religiously playing GPL, refusing to move on. So, to hear that ISI have lowered the priority of older cars is disappointing. However, even with the low priority, at least rF2 has a medium amount of historic content... which is more than can be said for the competition.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

1965 (Jimmy champion), 1967 (big changes in F1, last year before sponsorship), 1971, 1973, 1984, 1985, 1988, 1990. Would love any of these historic years (yes 1990 is now historic :p)

16. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

If we're talking more historic sports cars, I'm interested.
    Cobra still to come, of course...

17. lbird

lbird Registered

Yeah, thats right, i am also very much looking forward to the cobra release. Not so much for the car itself, but i think we will get a really good set of tyres which will help to get more 60's cars going into rF2.....

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Unlike the modern formula cars, those old brutes actually had lots of chassis flex! Might take the ISI boys longer to update because of that?